New D Lab stuff

lakeyale13

Manager
Well, I'll tell you this much...

Right now my options would be to get in on the LE/Red Bat "or" wait without any ETA or info on a back order Red Nautalai mainline bat.

If I want this bat by June, well....

Both carry the same retail currently....

Only bridge going to collapse is the value of the bats that aren't Continous Fiber tech or Mistress from what I can see. (Juggy and Fulk likely to plummet)

The Fulk is good. Real good in fact. But takes work to get hot.

The other 2 are dumb out of wrapper. So they get the due hype. And when it comes to consistency and sweet spot size, the red one wins. Making it the top hype.

Good!!! Bring me all your DB44 Juggies!!! Bat is just filthy. I don't know how people overlook this bat. Performs every bit as good as my WFF and DC41.

lakeyale13

Manager
What is the fascination of it having the D Lab stamp on it? The red bat is the same, if not better than the original black Nautali that was a D-Lab.

Additionally, the DB44 Juggy is gas and has flown under the radar the last 3 years, last year and this year especially, where they have been phenomenal. I have swung nothing but that bat basically and haven't looked back. They perform neck and neck with with any bat on the market - radar confirmed.

Dude...SO AGREE. The DB44 is my gamer and is so incredibly underrated. It performs every bit as good as my WFF and DC41. Just straight Filthy!

THESHOE

Starting Player
What balls do you BP and game?

Like I said - 40/44/47 bat is gas no doubt. But whatever it is, doesn't quite get soft enough to hit 52 well like other bats can.

I hoped 18/19 Juggy would get to the point of hitting 52 well. Certainly still trying to work them in so it may happen in time. Just stubborn.

I could put 8-10 swings on a Nautalai and be there instead though LOL.

Good!!! Bring me all your DB44 Juggies!!! Bat is just filthy. I don't know how people overlook this bat. Performs every bit as good as my WFF and DC41.

lakeyale13

Manager
What balls do you BP and game?

Like I said - 40/44/47 bat is gas no doubt. But whatever it is, doesn't quite get soft enough to hit 52 well like other bats can.

I hoped 18/19 Juggy would get to the point of hitting 52 well. Certainly still trying to work them in so it may happen in time. Just stubborn.

I could put 8-10 swings on a Nautalai and be there instead though LOL.

Shoe...We play with Classic M's in a USSSA league. Juggy hits them incredibly well.

THESHOE

Starting Player
There you go, 40cor balls.

Juggys certainly crush those once you've worked them in some with all kinds of rock balls. Either would take quite a fair bit of 40cor, or you can go out with 44/47 batch and wake it up real quick to smash 40s.

My Juggys absolutely rip the 40/44s now. Still prob testing 250-260ish mind you. I've put quite a fair bit of work into it at this point with a good mix of 40/44/47cor balls.

My Fulk has another gear on the Juggys completely with the 40cors and even moreso the 52s. Absolutely has to be testing lower, and given it's 52 performance i'd say close to pass/fail now. Took a small fraction of the work.

52cor fabled bats are those that drop to testing around 225ish and stick there for some bit or fail. That's where locally the TM and Nauts brought Demarini back on the map in Miken/Worth/FireFlex land.

What I am curious to see if if the 19 Juggy will ever get to 225ish test wise and then last a LONG time. Certainly what I am hoping all the work into them and patience amounts to.

Feel wise, the Juggy has always been a fav of mine ever since the OG ASA04 and FlySwatter J2u/J2a models. But since we've gone to 52cor balls up here, Demarinis were way behind other Utrips until 2017 Newbreed or so i'd say. 2018 was a big year back for them.

Anywho, it is what it is. Not looking to get rid of the Juggys by any means. Part of me however wishes I had waited for the DB44 Nautalai and had it payed for on preorder right now ;) - Or a red bat in hand. The reps tried to tell me so even. But I was loving the Juggy feel and it seemed hot in the cages in the winter.

Shoe...We play with Classic M's in a USSSA league. Juggy hits them incredibly well.

lakeyale13

Manager
There you go, 40cor balls.

Juggys certainly crush those once you've worked them in some with all kinds of rock balls. Either would take quite a fair bit of 40cor, or you can go out with 44/47 batch and wake it up real quick to smash 40s.

My Juggys absolutely rip the 40/44s now. Still prob testing 250-260ish mind you. I've put quite a fair bit of work into it at this point with a good mix of 40/44/47cor balls.

My Fulk has another gear on the Juggys completely with the 40cors and even moreso the 52s. Absolutely has to be testing lower, and given it's 52 performance i'd say close to pass/fail now. Took a small fraction of the work.

52cor fabled bats are those that drop to testing around 225ish and stick there for some bit or fail. That's where locally the TM and Nauts brought Demarini back on the map in Miken/Worth/FireFlex land.

What I am curious to see if if the 19 Juggy will ever get to 225ish test wise and then last a LONG time. Certainly what I am hoping all the work into them and patience amounts to.

Feel wise, the Juggy has always been a fav of mine ever since the OG ASA04 and FlySwatter J2u/J2a models. But since we've gone to 52cor balls up here, Demarinis were way behind other Utrips until 2017 Newbreed or so i'd say. 2018 was a big year back for them.

Anywho, it is what it is. Not looking to get rid of the Juggys by any means. Part of me however wishes I had waited for the DB44 Nautalai and had it payed for on preorder right now ;) - Or a red bat in hand. The reps tried to tell me so even. But I was loving the Juggy feel and it seemed hot in the cages in the winter.

I will say this, I didn't have to work hard at all to get the DB44 "woke". It was filthy straight out of the wrapper. That is hitting BP rockets and Classic M's and some 52+'s.

Haven't hit 52+'s only with the Juggy, so I can't give any opinion on its performance with that kind of ball.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Must have got a gem, or I was spoiled coming into them by Flex, FireFlex and Nautalai OG.

Those were gas out of wrapper.

The Juggys felt good but had no distance initially in comparison. Took work to open up.

I will say this, I didn't have to work hard at all to get the DB44 "woke". It was filthy straight out of the wrapper. That is hitting BP rockets and Classic M's and some 52+'s.

Haven't hit 52+'s only with the Juggy, so I can't give any opinion on its performance with that kind of ball.

kvander

Addicted to Softballfans
I've been hitting my 2018 DB44 and Easton Cado lately, mostly with 44s. The DB44 needed at least 100 cuts to start to feel good. It's hitting decently well now, and is probably the best sounding bat with hard balls. If you don't square it up, or hit 52s, it sounds like you're hitting a pillow though.
It is not close to the Cado though, which in fairness does have probably 1,000 hits. Hopefully some more BP will get the DB going.

lakeyale13

Manager
Must have got a gem, or I was spoiled coming into them by Flex, FireFlex and Nautalai OG.

The Juggys felt good but had no distance initially in comparison. Took work to open up.

I would say I put about 100 swings on it and it was right there with my WFF and DC41. Now, we were also hitting in temps in the low 60's high 50's with Classic M's...so that didn't hurt either.

DB44 also just fits my swing perfect and feels the best of any bat in my hands. It now has around 500-600 swings on it.

I have yet to swing a Nautalai and would love to feel the comparison...also the Twisted Mistress. Demarini fan here and I never would have ever of guessed I'd be saying that.

lakeyale13

Manager

You are correct that there is a notable difference between the feel and sound of the bat when hitting Classic M's and BP Rockets compared to the Evil 52+ I have. There is a fantastic "crack" sound with the Classic M's and BP Rockets. When you go to the 52+ it does feel like hitting a sock or a pillow.

sscroggin

Yada Yada Yada
You are correct that there is a notable difference between the feel and sound of the bat when hitting Classic M's and BP Rockets compared to the Evil 52+ I have. There is a fantastic "crack" sound with the Classic M's and BP Rockets. When you go to the 52+ it does feel like hitting a sock or a pillow.

If you like the feel of the 3-fusion handle on the juggy then you want the natualia from last year. They are not easy to find. Why they couldn't throw us a bone and give us a new one this year but release 3 nautalies with the same specs but different paint is beyond me.

THESHOE

Starting Player
100000000000000%

Should have been 3-4 from the get go.

Last year's swings like a whippy forgiving af 13" Juggy - Red bat performance all day long. Just crappier paint that looked suspect quick.

If you like the feel of the 3-fusion handle on the juggy then you want the natualia from last year. They are not easy to find. Why they couldn't throw us a bone and give us a new one this year but release 3 nautalies with the same specs but different paint is beyond me.

SwingTheD206

The consensus over the past few years dating back to 2016 is that the 3-fusion handle bats do not sell very well. The 2018 Nautalai also had durability issues, so a few changes were made ie: glossy paint finish and ZnX alloy handle.

TRaj2327

I'm hoping they're milking the Nautalai a bit to get invested into some other ideas. It's actually not a bad plan. If they can diversify the line and bring some other things to the table they're really going to get some attention. I think that was the aim when they brought Cornell onboard.

For me, I can't swing the Nautalai. Either I mash the hell out of the ball more than I think, or the tester we use around here is smoking crack. I can't get a single BP round on them without them failing. They're simply not worth my time. I'm more of a short-barrel guy anyway, so the Juggy it is, and I love it.

Of course now we have another Nautalai on the way and is sure to keep the streak going of providing performance under that name. Should be a good one for those that are able to get some life out of them. My buddy seems to get a ton of swings out the balanced ones, not sure if there's something to that, but the endloads aren't lasting as long from what I've seen.

chile

Bad Ape
Haven't hit the 19 asa line yet but I'm interested to see how the new asa stick performs compared to the current crop of asa sticks.

THESHOE

Starting Player
I found the Fulk to get pretty damn good. Have you tried one? Most seem to sleep on that one and I don't get why.

Swings really well, took no more work than a 12" Worth/Miken would.

Got hot WAY quicker than the Juggy did.

Holds compression.

I've actually been gaming mine so far while parking my 2018 Nautalais for warmer temps.

I'm hoping they're milking the Nautalai a bit to get invested into some other ideas. It's actually not a bad plan. If they can diversify the line and bring some other things to the table they're really going to get some attention. I think that was the aim when they brought Cornell onboard.

For me, I can't swing the Nautalai. Either I mash the hell out of the ball more than I think, or the tester we use around here is smoking crack. I can't get a single BP round on them without them failing. They're simply not worth my time. I'm more of a short-barrel guy anyway, so the Juggy it is, and I love it.

Of course now we have another Nautalai on the way and is sure to keep the streak going of providing performance under that name. Should be a good one for those that are able to get some life out of them. My buddy seems to get a ton of swings out the balanced ones, not sure if there's something to that, but the endloads aren't lasting as long from what I've seen.

SwingTheD206

All I use for bp is 52's and mine have had no issues passing compression.