NEW Demarini CF5?!

gsus03

Banned User
Anybody buy one? swung one? heard good/bad about one? I have a CF3 and it straight fire, and I know CF4 isn't even close. Found a picture of this new CF5 in a sea foam/mint green and I wanted to pre-order just because of how it looks...great looking bat, and web site also said it was available in a 34/26 which is right up my alley...I cannot remember the site but I am looking to some boards guys for help...any advice/opinion/knowledge is appreciated and YES, that is a non-violent Dodger fan in my avy...but I am sure with the right amount of alcohol she will be as violent as you want...

RiddleSoftball2

Addicted to Softballfans
CF5 will be available in June. Will probably perform very close to the CF4 (which has been one of the most popular bats on the market the last 2 years)

isaum

Addicted to Softballfans
im thinking the cf5 -8 will be the one... seein it is in 34 26 and 34 26.5

00's

Softball/Baseball Addict
Got tp dry swing the CF5 Hope tonight! It feels nice. It was a 33/23, but felt really good. The barrel is about an inch and a half bigger than the CF4 Hope. Can't wait for the drop 9's to come in for the DD

godogs11

Star Player
Good friend that deals a lot of bats says it is hot out of the wrapper. He sells a number of DeMarini bats every year and already has his team hitting the CF5. Looking to grab a -9 drop for my DD when "officially" released.

bomboi

Addicted to Softballfans
homerun-demarini-fastpitch-bat-wtdxcfs-cf5-11.jpg

^^^^this^^^^

Last edited:

rcsd23

Extra Hitter
Have both the CF3 and CF5....the 3 is way hotter...have about 500 hits on the cf5 and it's starting to open up but it feels too foamy. The 3 was purchased off a college chick so don't know exactly how many hits it had on it but it was in great condition. Bats have a whole different feel... I'd go with the 3 all day.
But hopefully if the 5 opens up better and I can change my mind.

gsus03

Banned User
good 411 here, thanks for the info from a fellow California board bro...

PS-I recently started hitting my "girlfriend's" -9 CF3 (I put that in quotes bc she has never played before and I used this first season with her as an excuse to pick up this CF3 LoL) It has maybe 100 swings on it and I cannot put it down...awesome feel, solid hits pretty much everytime, a little bummed to hear about this CF5's performance, looks like I will keep the other niw 34/25 cf3 as a back up...keep the CF5 reviews/info/opinions coming

rcsd23

Extra Hitter
for sure GSUS03......actually have the the CF4 ST -10 as well...like it but too light at 24oz..would like to try a 25/26oz..the 4's a good bat but the 3's a GREAT bat..my buddy compares the CF3 to the Phenix he used to own..which you probably know says a lot.

I'd say keep that 3 but if you ever ever evvveerr think about selling it...let me know

C-A ALL DAYYYY

gsus03

Banned User
Some guy had 2 sea foam green cf5s for sale on eBay about 2 months ago and one of theM
Was a 34/26...I have heard nothing about half ounces and I cannot remember the website you could pre order them from

***got my boys daughter a cf4 ST 33/23 in return for a phenix...bat is extremely light (22.7oz on a scale with OG grip) but right out of the wrapper it was hitting lasers

rcsd23

Extra Hitter
Some guy had 2 sea foam green cf5s for sale on eBay about 2 months ago and one of theM
Was a 34/26...I have heard nothing about half ounces and I cannot remember the website you could pre order them from

***got my boys daughter a cf4 ST 33/23 in return for a phenix...bat is extremely light (22.7oz on a scale with OG grip) but right out of the wrapper it was hitting lasers

thats funny..I bought one of those two on Ebay..got the 33/25 cf5..love the design but still not what I expected for performance (at least not yet).....yeah I'm thinking about selling or trading the cf4 ST just cuz of the weight

eastbayimpact21

Addicted to Softballfans
a few girls on the 12u team i coach were swinging a new cf5 hope outta the wrapper and had quite a few homeruns and triples.. it seems like it has a lot of pop