New Gamer glove from Jesus

zls1camaro

Addicted to Softballfans
Hi gents -- I thought you might like to see my new Gamer glove from Jesus Acuna and Game Time Gloves. I've known Jesus for a few years and we've seen a number of improvements each year. He now has his own Gamer label on a glove that has several unique features.

Like many of you I own A2000s, A2Ks, HOH and others -- and this Gamer is right there for quality and personalization. This glove is simply gorgeous.

The only detail not available is the rolled welting like the Wilson or Marucci. This uses two color of welting, blonde for the sides and ends and tobacco tan for verticals on the fingers and thumb. A nice touch Jesus spec'd.

I welcome any thoughts or comments.

These are my pics, shot in the backyard covered with snow! (I just happen to be handy with a camera.) Nine weeks til softball Spring training!

Thanks.

Last edited:

zls1camaro

Addicted to Softballfans
Hi -- This color combo was inspired by the Slugger creme glove no longer in production. Jesus tells me the son of the original Rolin owner (Mexico) split off recently and started a NEW company. So this Gamer is no longer associated with the under performing Rolin/Barraza brand. Jesus has worked closely with him to build a truly world class glove. Gamers feature bull leather, slightly thicker and more durable than cowhide, and longer lasting -- and stiffer -- than kip. With the thicker leather these weigh 1.7 lbs while similar A2000 weighs 1.5. My kip Marucci weights 1.4.

The factory pocket press is done to your spec, for a baseball or softball. Makes pocket forming much easier. After break in this has zero pocket wrinkles. Amazing.

This glove also has a slight thicker palm pad to compensate for pad compression than happens over time. Gamers are also custom fit to the individual hand, like a tailored suit. Jesus has supplied gloves to dozens of the top Division I, II and III college teams around the USA.

With the Gamer Jesus is doing things the other guys can't or won't in the personalization area. There is some additional embroidery on the fingers you can't see in these pics. There are around 6-8 embroidery locations avail. I have another Gamer that has embroidery on the inside of the pinky, pocket side. Very cool.

Thanks for asking.

acs

Addicted to Softballfans
I was expecting something evangelical when I clicked on the thread...

Glove looks nice and classic. The "G" looks too similar to Glovesmith's though. Can we get some closeups?

zls1camaro

Addicted to Softballfans
I will post some more close ups, yes. And I appreciate the "classic" reference. Jesus has 19 colors of leather available, but the Dat Dude-like multicolor gloves are not my type.

moren025

Addicted to Softballfans
I like the color way, always loved blond colored gloves.
The welting on the inner side (lower half of the H web) looks a little off? Am I just seeing things??? Hopefully the close up pics will be better details.
As mentioned above, the logo did remind me of glovesmith and the new Nokona block style.
Forgot to ask about price points?
Overall, looks nice

zls1camaro

Addicted to Softballfans
This has about a a week of break-in on it -- so the web-base welting may have a small wave. Not unexpected. Here are some detail shots.

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
The company is most likely Mexican based. Before they split, it was a Mexican company so I'd imagine this new company is still there

zls1camaro

Addicted to Softballfans
Sorry I thought my stating Rolin owner (Mexico) in the in the thread would make it clear. What do typical Made in Mexico laces look like?

zls1camaro

Addicted to Softballfans
Um, I'm not seeing flimsy on this glove. I do see the fingers and web have double-wide laces for extra durability.

Great question on the schools, Drumbum, so here is what I found out;

Div 1: University of Utah, Texas A&M, New Mexico State University,, Detroit Mercy University, St. Johns University

Div 2: West Texas A&M University, CSUP Colorado State University (Pueblo), Missouri Southern University, Arkansas Tech University

JR colleges: Neosho Community College, Seminole State College, Dodge City Community College, Iowa Western CC, New Mexico Jr College

About 50 colleges nation wide in the USA.

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess what I meant was the laces start to curl up and not stay straight and stiff. Compared to say Tanners lace that stays stiff for quite a while.

zls1camaro

Addicted to Softballfans
The cost for this glove with the embroidery is around $190-200. Unbelievable. Pro grade. the break in is coming along.