New glove time

Softball.com:

Kanish555

The Rookie
Looking to get a new glove. I play third. Pitch and can get tossed into the filed now and then. Not looking to spend over $150

Anyone used the Miken Super Soft MS135SP 13.5"

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Miken Super Softs are just that, wont hold up long. In my brand the Vinci RV1923-22 (12.5" w deep pocket), RV1961-22 (12.75" slight shallower pocket) and BMB-S (13" deep pocket) would do the job and come in close to your price range. The deep pocket makes them seem short but, I have used all in the OF and are good patterns for IF. In my honest but truly humble (LOL) opinion, 13.5" is huge for IF.

Last edited:

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
The only 12.5" Spalding Pro Select I know is an American style trap. Is there another? The I-traps listed as 12.75" and 13" are the same size.

MaverickAH

The only 12.5" Spalding Pro Select I know is an American style trap. Is there another? The I-traps listed as 12.75" and 13" are the same size.

I beg to differ. Mine measure 12.75" & 13" on the nose respectively. Whether the 1/4" difference means anything is a subject for another day.......

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a NWT 13" and had a NWT 12.75" in for a relace. I measured every different dimension I could think of and there was never more than 1/16" difference in any measurement (ok, actually, the 12.75" trap was 1/8" longer than the trap on the 13"). That being said, gloves are hand made an an extra 1/8" gathered into a seam here or there can make a substantial difference.

Kanish555

The Rookie
Can't find Spalding locally or on any canadian soft ball site. I have never heard of vinci gloves. Are they good quality?
The miken koalition better then the super soft?

NYC

Swag on 100.
Can't find Spalding locally or on any canadian soft ball site. I have never heard of vinci gloves. Are they good quality?
The miken koalition better then the super soft?

I would just go with a good wide baseball glove and use it for softball. The rawlings pro303s are great. Many of the guys here love them. They are 13 inches, some are 12.75 but thats still big enough in my honest opinion. I personally can't stand anything bigger, feels like I'm carrying around a frying pan on my hand if I go any bigger than 12.75.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
The SBFs store sells Vinci, in the price range you have suggested I think its the best glove you can get. The Spalding gloves are on E Bay, not sure who stocks them.