New Juggy Durability

Kleinjohnson

Swinger... NOT collector
I took this one out of the wrapper and put about 60 swings on it using only 52's, and this happened...

IMG_20140316_161000_081.jpg

Once I saw that and realized that I was going to have to send it back anyway, I decided to take a few more swings with some 44's to see how it would hold up. The answer is "Not Well".

IMG_20140316_161033_421.jpg

Kleinjohnson

Swinger... NOT collector
you called it a batting cage, I call that pitching in a tunnel. ;)

True, I may have used the wrong terminology, but I did say in the original post that I used 52's, and I can't recall ever seeing a dimpled pitching machine ball claim to be 52 cor.

What tunnel Jesse? And maybe try hitting the barrel with those 52s

Racine hitters, and that was all barrell baby. I didn't hit the endcap once.

Stick with the mercy kid.

I do love the mercy, but the flexible handle is my thing.

Another reason to go with the CL22 juggy

When I heard that they were going to add more endload and a stiff handle to a juggernaut, I just about ****ing puked. What disrespect to the best line of bats they make. Just call it something else.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
does the endcap help structurally? seems like it should. just wondering if the fact the endcap popped out may have actually been the reason the barrel cracked so easily afterwards.

doubles

Addicted to Softballfans
does the endcap help structurally? seems like it should. just wondering if the fact the endcap popped out may have actually been the reason the barrel cracked so easily afterwards.

Yes that's why the bat cracked. Any composite bat would do the same without an end cap.

Kleinjohnson

Swinger... NOT collector
The end cap never fully came out. The majority of it is still in there providing stability to the barrel. You sounded convincing, but you are wrong. That is not the reason. The j3 that I had last year cracked identically to this in 15 swings. Except the end cap on that one was fine. Same issue.

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
My 27 did fine for first 40 swings with 44/375 in about 70 degrees. Buddys 28 held up today but its loggish just like last years J3A 28oz but with lot less endload. We started it with evil bp rockets and than went straight to ZN's with it as you can feel the barrel is really thick like 28 J3A. Difference between 27 and 28 is shocking. Put about 60 hits on the 28 and still looks new just like 27. Was about 80 degrees today also.

Pinky12

I love teh PINK!
my nr 27oz got a paint crack in roughly 30 swings this morning. mix of 52s and 44s in 80 degree temps outside.

015reddog

Certified Slacker

The endcap holds in the durability. :biggthumpup:

M

MJL 00

Man the demo here has @800 cuts and has 3 large cracks. Altho his AM with bout 600 hits exploded also...all 52s and indoor at 60 degrees. Just seems like new bats aren't for bp at all hit MAYBE 30-50 times then keep in bag for games use only... get some older tank bats like the Evos , Creatures, Swaggers or even Corndog for bp...just saying...

carry on

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
^^^or a Fu Dawg or OG Juggy.

And, regarding the demos, how do you know the demo is the same bat that goes to production? People were raving about the Future during the demo tour, but the hype has fizzled since the first shipment went out. Just a conspiracy theory.

Kleinjohnson

Swinger... NOT collector
I'm guessing I just got another bad one, but damn... 2 years in a row. I waited so long to get the preorder and now I'm going to have to wait again to get the return. Irritating.