New Miken Line

juicebythefoot

Extra Hitter
The Ultra II in the senior category...that looks suspiciously like the og Ultra II. Same paint, no warranty......Could it be?

They have put the "Ultra" name on a couple bats that left much to be desired. The SOULTA and the Ultra750 were mediocre I thought.

I know the og UltraII is illegal except senior leagues. Just wondering if it was going to be the same bat...

THESHOE

Starting Player
I have to say after seeing the 2015 Psycho, the 25oz will be welcomed by many.

A lot of people liked the bat, but even the 26oz was pretty heavy. I swing the 26 in that bat, meanwhile I swing 28 or 27 in others.

I was pretty surprised to opt for a 26 in a bat. So I can see where the 25 would have a niche and a need.

So, does it seem like the Freak line will be the 2pc we are used to this year and same materials as this year's, and the DC got a new set of material?

Also, the Psycho, Filby & other bats will have 25oz weighting too.

freeze2104

Average E ringer
It looked like the new freak black(usssa) was the same specs as the new dc-41. The 4 the fallen was the same as last year

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
They had 2 this year....

And None of them were anything like the previous version.

Psycho was much improved, and DC was in a league of it's own. No way in hell those two were a repaint. It took about half if not less the amount of hits to warm up the psycho compared to previous version. And DC was a whole new 2pc design unlike any previous triad 2pc.

I hated Miken bats previously, and converted to these two.

I am excited to see what's new, but worry they may have messed around too much.

i dunno, i heard the opposite on the psycho. the og izzy psycho gray/orange broke in way faster than the matte black/orange one. my teammate took the wrapper off the gray/orange og one and on first hit smashed a hr and it had spiralling. yes, ONE hit.

DStandridge

OHIPAL
What's your guys two cents on "first batch" of new bats? Do you still think that is still relevant, or do you believe that's in the past?

Last edited:

freeze2104

Average E ringer
For Miken I haven't worried about it. It has a warranty and if I've ever had issues I talk to AP (mn rep). He's always taken care of anything I needed.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Hope Miken has finally figured out how to make truly competitive ASA bat. They obviously have USSSA/NSA figured out now and their ASA can get the job done I if you get it right but they aren't forgiving.

THESHOE

Starting Player
You might have a one off.

We have a lot of Psycho lovers around here, and the general consensus here was like I said.

Sounds like your buddy got lucky possible with a true hot 2013.

Hey, if you see a DC like that send it over :bigok:

i dunno, i heard the opposite on the psycho. the og izzy psycho gray/orange broke in way faster than the matte black/orange one. my teammate took the wrapper off the gray/orange og one and on first hit smashed a hr and it had spiralling. yes, ONE hit.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Miken was very good here on first batch issues not having cost you the warranty if you raised a stink.

Mind you, our Canadian return process is a wee bit different.

I've had to deal with their US office though before, and they were stellar.

What's your guys two cents on "first batch" of new bats? Do you still that is still relevant, or do you believe that's in the past?

DStandridge

OHIPAL
December is when Denny said the new DC41 would be avail. I see SBF are currently taking orders now for the all new 2015 line. But at 329 per, I may hold off for a while.

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
I've got the new dc41 and new Connell legit preordered. New legits release nov 15th so I didn't know if the Mikens would be soon after that.

beachy24

The Veteran
I've had the pleasure of swinging the new DC 41 here up in Canada and let me tell you the bat is amazing and rest assured you all be impressed!

Using 28oz bat, with hot dots. Average temp. The ball was flying off the bat. I feel as though it is more of a mid load instead of all in the end. Comes through the zone like butter. New knob is fantastic for those who drop fingers, handle is stiff. The sound has a ping to it, but not as much as last years.

DStandridge

OHIPAL
The DC41 is just a repaint with a new knob it looks like..

Miken_DC41_Supermax_USSSA.jpg

THESHOE

Starting Player
Which means unless they are dropping new fancy names, this is not a repaint like someone posted above.

This can either come out great, or prove to weaken the DC power. Kind of like when the Z2000's gave up on LS2X composite. It was never quite the same bat again.

New material for the DC-41. It's using the triple matrix core like the new freak black model.

freeze2104

Average E ringer
A couple people have said they like the feel and the bat is going to be very nice. A buddy of mine said he really liked the new freak 2 piece and he swung mostly psychos.

MaMaLuLu

Addicted to Softballfans
I've only been around for a couple years but a company re-issuing the same exact bat is something that remains to be seen.

Playr4

Coach
I like that ping sound. Reminds me of the days when the bats were metal (C405). I swing a Z1000 ASA. Love the sound of that bat. Everyone thinks its broken by the way it sounds. Just bought the white DC 41. Expecting good things.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Yep. Sometimes an attempt to improve the bat for whatever reason actually sets it back.

I wouldn't be surprised if durability and consistency were part of the agenda for the new version. Especially for those who get comp tested, but I am sure issuing returns within 12 months at the rate they did didn't really prove so economical to them either.

At least in this case they're trying to fix the hockey puck of a knob....

I've only been around for a couple years but a company re-issuing the same exact bat is something that remains to be seen.

Playr4

Coach
Crine wrote a review on the Miken website. Part of his review stated, "the bat engineers at Miken have found the best combination of durability and performance, while still passing all of the compression tests. You will not be disappointed!!!"

I read on another post the 2014 was failing compression tests after 100 to 200 swings. I hope the new "combination" doesn't set the bat back after reading all the great reviews about the 2014 DC 41.