Adamal24

Never Settle™
IMG_151286150490470_zpstoo9avvs.jpeg

IMG_151283590156305_zpsr8cucsmo.jpeg

IMG_151279375784327_zps98jyxygw.jpeg

12036984_10207923859918974_2511738156854849913_n_zpshqhomfvj.jpg

fowlball75

Addicted to Softballfans
If that bat swings anything like the Mamba then its going to sweet! Love that its Robo's signature bat. When is the release date?

lawdizzle

The Veteran
Is this a 2pc design like the Demarini's/Worth's/Miken's or design like the Z's/Easton's? Kind of hard to tell. For those confused, I'm talking about the Z's and Easton's having the rubber connection piece, etc.

Is this a 2pc design like the Demarini's/Worth's/Miken's or design like the Z's/Easton's? Kind of hard to tell. For those confused, I'm talking about the Z's and Easton's having the rubber connection piece, etc.

From what I can tell, it looks like what Demarini, Worth and Miken put out for two piece bats

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Man...look at the "Johnny Holmes" barrel on that thang!!
Will be pulling in favors to grab one of theses.
Congrads ROBO

Hiltz

Built for comfort
^^^ Says "Japanese Technology" on the barrel. :rolleyes:

I honestly don't care, as long as it has a respectable endload. About time Robo got his own bat. Vicious swing, and the most accommodating factory rep in the business.

Hiltz

Built for comfort

The rubber piece on an Easton is just a rubber band. It covers the barrel/handle joint and is purely cosmetic. The fastpitch Nighthawk has a Demarini/Worth style joint, slowpitch model looks the same.

Man...look at the "Johnny Holmes" barrel on that thang!!

Yeah, really. And it says 12.5" barrel, looks like a Miken/Worth 14.5". The taper looks super thick and clunky too. I held a fastpitch Nighthawk before and it was the same way, but it still felt endloaded. You'd think that thick taper would balance it out, but it's like it was a super-light composite that still allowed the bat to feel endloaded. Here's hoping the slowpitch model is the same, been awhile since Mizuno released a solid endload.

lawdizzle

The Veteran
The rubber piece on an Easton is just a rubber band. It covers the barrel/handle joint and is purely cosmetic. The fastpitch Nighthawk has a Demarini/Worth style joint, slowpitch model looks the same.

I fully understand the connection piece is only cosmetic, as was the basis for my question. It was purely a question on looks, not necessarily feel, etc. I appreciate the responses!

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
The bat on the left is the prototype of the Nighthawk. It has a connection that is similar to Worth/Miken. I am very very excited to get one of these.

mizuno%20test%20bats_zpsaewc6f6u.jpg

KLS!

Starting Player
It has a good endload. like the original black and red two piece helmer. comes through the zone very easily. The connection area is like the miken /worths. no rubberband to hide any connections. looking at it the wall where the connection is looks more symmetrical all the way around. None of the so called thin wall side due to the connection process that others have. I took a video of Mr Blackburn swinging it. But I am not computer savy so have no Idea how to post and will not without his permission.

Robo_16

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the kind words.

The connection is similar to that of the Worth/Miken. The bat has a real good feel to it so far. I think the graphics turned out nice. Extremely excited about the release of this bat.

Feel free to post pics of videos if you have em. Thanks everyone

THESHOE

Starting Player
SOLD!

And I say that because, besides those brands, the one 2pc I liked as well was the Combat Assault G4 which started out as a similar comparison to Worth/Miken.

Knowing about Blackouts and Mambas, I am excited that there will be a 2pc design coming.

Can only hope it proves to be a tank like we expect of Mizuno bats.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the kind words.

The connection is similar to that of the Worth/Miken. The bat has a real good feel to it so far. I think the graphics turned out nice. Extremely excited about the release of this bat.

Feel free to post pics of videos if you have em. Thanks everyone

KLS!

Starting Player
if someone would pm me there number I would gladly sent you the video so that it can be posted.

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
Graphics are ok...but this 2 pc might bring me back to the Mizuno family again! Can't wait to hit it when it comes out.