New Mt. Airy BP & or just shoot the BS Thread

sgammons17

i hope one of them snaps u off and rolls in to 1st base that would be funny i'm playing in a golf tournment this sat.

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
Any games or leagues playing around Mount Airy this weekend? I'll be in town visiting inlaws and looking for any excuse to get out of the house, even to just watch softball!

ckelley7

Addicted to Softballfans
not this weekend bro. There is a church league on friday night in Dobson at Fisher river that starts at 6pm though. There is a coed saturday in Ararat VA at Blue ridge elementary school, abt 5 mins north of downtown Mt Airy

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
not this weekend bro. There is a church league on friday night in Dobson at Fisher river that starts at 6pm though. There is a coed saturday in Ararat VA at Blue ridge elementary school, abt 5 mins north of downtown Mt Airy

What time does the co-ed play on Saturday?

Probably be at a HS football game on Friday night.

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
Stopped by and checked out a couple of games Saturday evening. Slightly different variety of ball then the leagues I play in here. Yes, I know it was a tourney, and looked to be USSSA as well. That's the deepest infield I've ever seen! That field has 140-150' of dirt from home plate to the grass! And the SSs and 2Bs were playing 40' behind the base paths. Must be all those shaved UTrip bats! ;)

ckelley7

Addicted to Softballfans
hey kahuna didnt get to meet u bro. I was on the team that won it. I either played CF or pitched sometimes.

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
The last game I watched was around 8pm....everyone had on different shirts...so I can't say which team was which. One team had a big guy in a red shirt on 3rd, the other team had a guy in a hoodie. ???

It was "different" because there wasn't much infield play. Balls hit through the infield generally made it through. Lots of doubles, triples and HRs. And like I said, I've never seen infielders play that deep. They'd be 30' into the grass on most fields around here.

ckelley7

Addicted to Softballfans
yea what u watched was rec tourney play at best. Most of those guys just throw together teams here on weekends. Me, I was just glad to be home and playing. Some of the guys on my team do play on weekends with sanctioned teams. We didnt lose a game this weekend bc there just wasnt much competition there at all

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
I'm not critiquing the level of play or skill. Lots of them boys could hit. Just that HUGE infield was strange to see, and seeing the SSs play so deep. The game was all about the long ball. Around here, half the people in our league can't get it out of the infield!

Lately that's been me!

Is bat shaving as rampant as I've been told it is up there? I was told it's pretty common.

Baserunner

Addicted to Softballfans
State Chump

I wish I was as kool as sgammons and tell everyone I was a WORLD CHUMP I mean Champ. I have a new hero.:D

sgammons17

I have no idea who it is with a name like baserunner must be all they do is ran basees must not get alot of playing time lol

sgammons17

I bet that is one more nice T-Shirt you get when you are WORLD CHAMP. Can I buy one online?

not only have a World Champion t-shirts also have a State Champion also and a pullover I may give you one if you will carry my bag to and from the fields to let u know how it feels now go EAD and STFU