New Nado

Mpalm18

https://www.rawlings.com/product/PRO12-NA28.html
$300 plus tax seems a lot to me just for a gold thumb patch. Might as well go for the Horween version from Chad....
https://www.softballfans.com/rawlings-hoh-le-hoween-fielding-glove-12-pro12-6htp.html

Anyways was this just a cash grab from Rawlings or is the price bump justified in your opinion?

Yeah, mentioned this on the marketplace thread for the Horween Nado but it probably belongs here:
I find it interesting that Arenado, having used old Timberglaze, but now Horween according to Chad, is still being marketed on the Rawlings site with the much darker Timberglaze game model. That Timberglaze and the Horween don’t even come close to looking alike. It seems like that old Timberglaze lies right in the middle of these two.B260B1E3-8B2C-4C56-9FA9-7236B83334B6.jpegB2C4509E-F55B-40C4-A528-7C82E00E1BF2.png

On the changes from old Timberglaze to new, is it simply the type or amount of oil used that has made the leather appear so much darker on the average for the newer Timberglaze batches? The old Timberglaze fell much closer to the middle if not more like the Horween color, and I’m wondering what caused the change.

Committed

Old Timberglaze is Horween. Prove me wrong...;)

But in all seriousness, they are very close in color.

(Left to Right)
Timberglaze PRO208-6
Horween PRO12-6HT 1.0
Horween PRO12-6HT 2.0
Timberglaze PRONP12-TI

Attachments

• C5921782-4E31-478A-9F0A-045EFBFE99C8.jpeg
    C5921782-4E31-478A-9F0A-045EFBFE99C8.jpeg
    345.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 68E25A4E-C15B-4242-BC21-887A73057A71.jpeg
    68E25A4E-C15B-4242-BC21-887A73057A71.jpeg
    687.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

NYC

Swag on 100.
Old Timberglaze is Horween. Prove me wrong...;)

But in all seriousness, they are very close in color.

(Left to Right)
Timberglaze PRO208-6
Horween PRO12-6HT 1.0
Horween PRO12-6HT 2.0
Timberglaze PRONP12-TI
Well you can answer that question, is OG Timber the same as Horween? I was told that Golden Brown is the closest we can get to OG timber.

NYC

Swag on 100.
The old Timberglaze for me. I wish they’d go back to it. I wonder why they changed it
They probably didn't see much difference between Tan, Golden yellow, golden brown, OG timber and Horween to justify having it around, so they went with a more identifiable darker color. Not everyone is like us and notices the subtle differences in leather. That's just my opinion.

David the Gnome

The Veteran
Timberglaze has always been that dark tan color as far as I can remember. You can look up old posts of people's customs and they all have that dark tan aged look. I personally really like it, the only concern I have with it is how well it will hold up with regular use.

As far as the new Arenado being worth $300 for a gold thumb logo... not entirely sold on that idea. It would have looked much better with the scarlet and gold wrist patch.

MaverickAH

The first thing I took note of wasn't the gold logo. It was the MLB logo on the pinkie. How much you wanna
bet that's what pushing the price up to $300?

I do like the blacked out look on the PROKB17-6B.

Good price on the glove mallet though......

beeblebobble

Starting Player
The big change in Timberglaze came around 2011/2012 Glove released those years had the lighter color but when Rawlings was trying out the SolidCore patterns (model #'s end in SC and there is no heel lace similar to opticore) they came with this darker colored Timberglaze. And moving forward all the timberglaze gloves came in this darker color. Why the change? Well I'd assumed it was why most companies make changes, its cheaper. That's generally the motivation of any company. But I noticed around that time that the glove leather used to be called TImberglaze now its the leather color that's called Timberglaze. A good friend uses the old TI from 2011 and it doesn't behave like a pull up leather at all. I tend to think they changed the supplier and moved to a new cheaper process and a different definition of Timberglaze.

I dig the look of the new Nado, I'm trying to avoid the urge to buy this glove. Generally when Rawlings releases a new series the first ones tend to be great quality. The OG RGGC Bryant was such a superior pro preferred compared to retail PP of the time that I think this being the first in the new Gameday '57 series that it might also be of great quality. But $300 sheesh.

MaverickAH

I'm not getting the price complaints. Have you seen the retail on stock HOH gloves? They're now up to $260. That blacked out PROKB17-6B I like is $270. Rawlings is also categorizing this as a completely different series (Gameday 57). Not sure what that's about other to say that it could be a limited production run and/or they've got to give Nolan & MLB their cut.

Did anyone really think that being named the official glove of MLB was going to reduce prices? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

beeblebobble

Starting Player
I'm not getting the price complaints. Have you seen the retail on stock HOH gloves? They're now up to $260. That blacked out PROKB17-6B I like is $270. Rawlings is also categorizing this as a completely different series (Gameday 57). Not sure what that's about other to say that it could be a limited production run and/or they've got to give Nolan & MLB their cut.

Did anyone really think that being named the official glove of MLB was going to reduce prices? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
No one thought prices would be reduced. :rolleyes: But a HoH that's nearly 20% higher than HoH MSRP is a bit of sticker shock. And the $260 MSRP is already a bit hefty compared to just a few years ago.

NYC

Swag on 100.

No one thought prices would be reduced. :rolleyes: But a HoH that's nearly 20% higher than HoH MSRP is a bit of sticker shock. And the $260 MSRP is already a bit hefty compared to just a few years ago.
This has the black squishy fingerstalls, the horween prott2 from a few years back and the RGGC Bryant had the fingerstalls the same material as the liner. They should know by now to stop it with the black squishy.