New NCAA approved bat list

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
First one of the year can be found here: http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect...ll/playing+rules/january+14+approved+bat+list

A whole mess of Eastons, Mikens and Worths were taken off the list (mostly SP models), probably at the request of the manufacturers since none of these had any strikes against them. The summary of changes can be found here: http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect...l/playing+rules/summary+of+changes+january+14

Some of the notable ones off the list include the scl1, scn2b, scn3, scn5, scn7, scn7b, scb8, scn9, scr1, scx14, scx14b, srv1, srv2, srv3, ssr1, ssr2, all mv3 fp, freak dst, freak nxt, freak 700, toxic, etc.

Looks like they're purging the list of the older SP models for some reason. Interesting.

kweiss

Addicted to Softballfans
This is the most confusing list I've ever seen.

I feel bad for any casual dad looking to buy his daughter a FP bat.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
This is the most confusing list I've ever seen.

I feel bad for any casual dad looking to buy his daughter a FP bat.

Just pay attention to the first list posted (approved bat list). If the bat you want to buy is on the list, you're gtg.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
What bat is the fp454? I tried to search and all I saw were the fpl4xxx and fp4lxx

The 454FP was the one that came out before the 454 Legits. I just sold a -9 on here not too long ago. Supposedly, the -8's (34/26, the one that has 2 strikes on it already) were only available to college teams. Jazzyc91 has one and she won't sell it :mad:. Third from the top:

DSCN0516_zpsbbdb1994.jpg

DSCN0515_zpsb5415a75.jpg

kdog3b55

on the Hot Corner!
Wow! CF4 (-10) is now illegal in NCAA! But the CF4 Hope and Insane are still legal?? The regular CF was a VERY popular bat last year. Well, looks like I'm now in the market for a new bat for freshman year of college. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow! CF4 (-10) is now illegal in NCAA! But the CF4 Hope and Insane are still legal?? The regular CF was a VERY popular bat last year. Well, looks like I'm now in the market for a new bat for freshman year of college. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

If she liked the cf4, just try to find an insane or hope. They probably are pretty much the same bat, but since they have different model #'s, NCAA considers them different bats. The others probably aren't banned because they aren't used enough to be tested frequently enough to fail....

kdog3b55

on the Hot Corner!
If she liked the cf4, just try to find an insane or hope. They probably are pretty much the same bat, but since they have different model #'s, NCAA considers them different bats. The others probably aren't banned because they aren't used enough to be tested frequently enough to fail....

Well, I did just that and picked up an Insane for her. The '12 models are clearanced at a lot of places for $179, but most are only selling the 22 oz and 24 oz at that price. Of course she was adamant about getting a 23 oz, and the best price I found was $199 through am azon.
I like the feel of this bat alot and will know more in a month or so when the season kicks in. The barrell seems to get through the zone very quickly which is probably due to the slight endload.