New one piece molded tattoo ball feedback

dayvin3

Addicted to Softballfans
Here are some facts.
This ball is nothing like the bp ball I made in 2003.
Nothing like the old rubber coated ball made back in the 90's.
It has 3 components that when finished is 1 piece.
We have had them in stock for a month but would not sell any until all of our on field testing was finished. A board member can verify that he has been trying to get them for a month, they were shipped Tuesday.

ALL of the test balls were in my possession and I personally shipped them to testers, so your factory never had these balls.

The only one not being honest here is you and everyone will know that very soon as they are shipped to customers.

Have a great life...

I have been trying to buy some of these new balls for over a month and Kevin would not take my money until he was able to thoroughly test them. That just makes me have more respect for the man. I'm looking forward to trying these new balls out. From past experience dealing with Kevin, I'm sure these balls will perform just as he has said.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Here are some facts.
This ball is nothing like the bp ball I made in 2003.
Nothing like the old rubber coated ball made back in the 90's.
It has 3 components that when finished is 1 piece.
We have had them in stock for a month but would not sell any until all of our on field testing was finished. A board member can verify that he has been trying to get them for a month, they were shipped Tuesday.

ALL of the test balls were in my possession and I personally shipped them to testers, so your factory never had these balls.

The only one not being honest here is you and everyone will know that very soon as they are shipped to customers.

Have a great life...

I have been trying to buy some of these new balls for over a month and Kevin would not take my money until he was able to thoroughly test them. That just makes me have more respect for the man. I'm looking forward to trying these new balls out. From past experience dealing with Kevin, I'm sure these balls will perform just as he has said.

Same here, been waiting for these since I got to try the prototypes as they're the favorite ball in my arsenal. Had to wait until they were verified as ready for sale.

I have a 2 color bp ball coming that is easier on bats, we've been hitting them with senior bats for over a month now with no problems.

Can't wait, have a couple other board bros that are interested too, might put together an order & make a BP party out of it when they arrive.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Same here, been waiting for these since I got to try the prototypes as they're the favorite ball in my arsenal. Had to wait until they were verified as ready for sale.

Can't wait, have a couple other board bros that are interested too, might put together an order & make a BP party out of it when they arrive.

I'm in. I can hit in KY and OH. :D

what gets me...if it wasn't for kevin there would be no evil ball....but hey

does jim c have any of these balls from you....we use the regular tattoo's for our leagues hear and love them....looking to hit these.....haven't hit with jim for a while now...to busy and his days don't match up to my days to be able to hit.......

dayvin3

Addicted to Softballfans
Initial impressions

UPS just left the house and all I can say is...these don't look like any one piece ball I've ever seen. You have to look close to even realize the seams aren't real. I love the feel and I can't find one flaw out of the two dozen balls I got.

I have a pitching machine in my backyard and I hit almost every day, if these perform, last and are water proof (big plus when you hit till dark and don't want to pickup balls till the next day) they will definitely be the only ball I buy from now on.

I'll hit them for a week or so and post a full review.

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
Bobby you realize most of the people disagreeing with you here own softballs from pretty much everybody. We are not just Tattoo loyalists. chrometip recommends Evil and Tattoo all the time. Which makes him right and also right. People are taking issue with the inaccurate statement. Several of us have started threads on these balls, they got a little interest, but not the free advertising this one has.

I know a little about softballs. I mean I don't have the engineering prowess to say leatherleatherleatherleatherleather and then stamp my logo on a ball already brandishing a logo. But a little.

This is not a regurgitated design. I've hit it, thrown it, tried to toss it straight up and tried to get it to knuckle, baked it into cherry, apple, and blueberry pies. Okay, I'll admit the blueberry pie was regurgitated, but thats because blueberry pie is nasty. Almost as bad as peach.

Even if it were, would this make Kevin the very first person in history to improve on his own design? WHY ISN'T HE EMPEROR OF THE UNIVERSE YET?

And to be clear this is NOTHING like the Dudley Tournament Plus. We used those to get autographs at tournaments, which they were good at. Holding ink.

These balls are legit. My only complaint is my brother couldn't get ahold of Kevin on these and had to buy Tattoo composites off the website when the league started.

what gets me...if it wasn't for kevin there would be no evil ball....but hey.

I don't even think that was meant as an insult

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
Yes the engineering line was a shot, because some people, mainly the owner of Evil, poke fun that Kevin claims to be an engineer, and it's never been addressed. Kevin has never claimed to be an engineer. Other people have called him an engineer. That is not a label of what he is, but what he does.

Y'now what? I'm not a fan of a lot of what Evil has out today, but I have some from the past and it's a good bet I will get some in the future. And the people who attack Kevin will still be wrong.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Yes the engineering line was a shot, because some people, mainly the owner of Evil, poke fun that Kevin claims to be an engineer, and it's never been addressed. Kevin has never claimed to be an engineer. Other people have called him an engineer. That is not a label of what he is, but what he does.

Y'now what? I'm not a fan of a lot of what Evil has out today, but I have some from the past and it's a good bet I will get some in the future. And the people who attack Kevin will still be wrong.

Is there a way to subscribe to your posts? Always entertaining.:biggthumpup:

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Pretty much. Has kept me from buying Evils even if they are a decent ball.

Ballisttic

Star Player
Pretty much. Has kept me from buying Evils even if they are a decent ball.

They are only the best softball if you can get them for free to make a thread about how wonderful they are.

Yes he acts like a richard cranium if his competition makes a post lol.

Mikaka

My Dixie Wrecked
Sooooo, silly question. Are these game-use/game-worthy balls? They're obviously stamped, but aren't opposing players/umps going to look at it/feel it and say "da'fuq is this" and toss it?

Qoheleth52

Addicted to Softballfans
Was just discussing ball durability in BP today. The only balls in my BP buckets that feel like cork centers and look like busted hard boiled eggs are Evil HOT 52s and BP Lights--maybe a Demarini Stone. Even the much maligned Dudley SY Classic M whipping boy is a champ in 103 degrees compared to my worst Evils.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
Sooooo, silly question. Are these game-use/game-worthy balls? They're obviously stamped, but aren't opposing players/umps going to look at it/feel it and say "da'fuq is this" and toss it?

I was wondering the same thing :confused: