New options on Wilson Custom Builder

NYC

Swag on 100.
So now we have the option of Stiff, Standard, or Soft break in. A thinner heel pad, and the most interesting being an option to have the pedroia fit, which may make the finger stalls more snug for patterns like the 1781 or 1799. Also the MB50 is added to the A2K custom builder which is a 12.5" 1799 with 5 loops at the handstall instead of 6. So who wants to order a 1781 with a Pedroia fit and tell us if the finger stalls are actually tighter?:D

EDIT: They also raised the price by $20 and reduced the wait time to 4-6 weeks.

Last edited:

Party mafia

So now we have the option of Stiff, Standard, or Soft break in. A thinner heel pad, and the most interesting being an option to have the pedroia fit, which may make the finger stalls more snug for patterns like the 1781 or 1799. Also the MB50 is added to the A2K custom builder which is a 12.5" 1799 with 5 loops at the handstall instead of 6. So who wants to order a 1781 with a Pedroia fit and tell us if the finger stalls are actually tighter?:D
You should customize the 1781 blonde with the Pedroia fit and do a review. Lol

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
I thought the Pedroia fit was mainly about the factory lacing of the wrist, not so much finger stall changes

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
I thought the Pedroia fit was mainly about the factory lacing of the wrist, not so much finger stall changes
Just off memory, I believe it was the smaller wrist setting, smaller hand and finger stalls, and practically no (if any at all) heel padding, I think?

MaverickAH

Just off memory, I believe it was the smaller wrist setting, smaller hand and finger stalls, and practically no (if any at all) heel padding, I think?

You would be correct on all counts. I've tried squeezing my hand into a couple of Pedroia Fit gloves & it was definitely not my cup of tea. It's better suited for a young adult's baseball glove, females or those with small hands. I don't know if it'd be my first option for a softball glove unless fit was a particular concern.

BigRB

Gimpy Shouldered Glove Ho/ pitcher
isn't the cut cut for the 1799 different between the a2000 and a2k mods? thought i i remembed reading that somewere?
also saw on instagram that yiu can now get the ring finger embroidered which i thought was cool

NYC

Swag on 100.
isn't the cut cut for the 1799 different between the a2000 and a2k mods? thought i i remembed reading that somewere?
also saw on instagram that yiu can now get the ring finger embroidered which i thought was cool
I've read that somewhere too but personally I think they're the same. I think they add more padding in the A2K, a double palm, and a different liner which makes the glove feel smaller overall. The A2K also feels to have more padding in their finger lining than A2000, which uses the same leather as the shell with theirs giving it a more stiff and loose feel.