New Pedroia glove

aander10

Addicted to Softballfans
I was watching the Red Sox/Pirates game today and saw Pedroia using a single post. Anybody know what he's using now?

DatDuke

I thought all dp15 are 11.5. 1786 with a tight hand stall. And shorten finger stall. This year with a el3 single post.

David the Gnome

The Veteran
This is from April 10th, looks like his normal A2000 DP15 model to me.

http://www.whatproswear.com/product/dustin-pedroias-wilson-a2000-1787-glove/

1f8pxc.jpg

2mq6ixe.jpg

Was he using a different glove yesterday?

DatDuke

Sorry for Thread Jackin.. I see now you can customize a DATDUDE for 2017. with superskin!! Was this always the case?

DatDuke

You could be right, but the Retail DP15GM always been 11.5, I thought the GM=Game Model, why the Retail is smaller when it clearly stated that its a "GM". if there is a size different, it should just be a DP15 and not GM. Or May be its like the H2Rs that come with 2 different sizes.

beeblebobble

Starting Player
You could be right, but the Retail DP15GM always been 11.5, I thought the GM=Game Model, why the Retail is smaller when it clearly stated that its a "GM". if there is a size different, it should just be a DP15 and not GM. Or May be its like the H2Rs that come with 2 different sizes.
I'd say its more of the case that 11.5" gloves sell more than 11.75" gloves so the marketing genius's make the DP15 GM an 11.5" glove (and its worked the dp15 is their top seller), but he's always gamed a 11.75" In 2011 they actually released his "game model" as an A2K 11.75", but the a2000 were all 11.5". Since then as Wilson has tried to differentiate the dp15 from being just a 1786 they have removed heel padding, lowered the finger stalls, they switched to the d shaped pocket now. But don't get to caught up in marketing, its just there to sell us glove.

Seems there's been an effort by Wilson to evolve a lot of their game models. The DatDuke has recently gained an extra heel lace before the hinge, It use to have a typical 1786 hinge but the newer models have a hinge that is like the EL3 now.

Last edited: