For Sale/Trade New RULE - NOT ALLOWED to Buy/Sell/Trade NIW/NOW/USED Exclusive Bats

OtejunK

Art Work Junky
That **** is all up in your guts, huh? How'd you get over the gag reflex?

Just tired of reading the same thing for almost 300 posts.. nothing is changing so accept and move on..... or just move on... its pretty cut and dry....

Hinzy I get what your saying ... but its been said over and over there isnt gonna be one... yes maybe it would be nice to have a cut and dry list, but that will need updating and then people will find loop holes and so on...

Can somebody please explain to me how SBF loses money when I buy an exclusive bat from another dealer, even if SBF will never have that bat to begin with?

If I want a KUS Evo and SBF doesnt carry them, why would I buy something else just because they carry it? What kind of backwards business model is this?

What about other gear? gloves? shoes? Why is it just bats? EVIL softballs are carried by a small number of dealers, as in 2-3..isnt that exclusive?

Whats next? "We could order it, if we wanted to so you cant sell it here" rule?

rightsideswine

Banned User
Can somebody please explain to me how SBF loses money when I buy an exclusive bat from another dealer, even if SBF will never have that bat to begin with?

If I want a KUS Evo and SBF doesnt carry them, why would I buy something else just because they carry it? What kind of backwards business model is this?

What about other gear? gloves? shoes? Why is it just bats? EVIL softballs are carried by a small number of dealers, as in 2-3..isnt that exclusive?

Whats next? "We could order it, if we wanted to so you cant sell it here" rule?

Buggs is paying to be here...how do you think he isn't banned after his 900000 rule violations..

mjs

Dodging bullets
I think you mean list...lol. no you aren't/weren't.

As soon as the "3" are stripped of power I will start buying all my new bats from the store again. But they will be left to ruin the stores business and that will be ok...its easier for them to make up BS reasons why the store isn't profiting the way it should be and point the finger at other people..

and who are the three

ghetto24

the rope broke
im confused how they are losing money on traded used bats. :confused:

i understand this is a business, but come on. i didnt know communists ran this site?

I like how everybody says that this is the largest community of softball players in the world..woopity doo..haha..

If they were such an influential force in the softball community, why are they not sponsoring a Conference team?

Last edited by a moderator:

rightsideswine

Banned User
I like how everybody says that this is the largest community of softball players in the world..woopity doo..haha..

If they were such an influential force in the softball community, why are they not sponsoring a Conference team?

They can't make enough money to sponsor a team because of all us trading bats....duh.

Last edited by a moderator:

hitmachine44

Habitual Linestepper

Down 2 Earth
Yeah, because sponsoring a Conference team is soooo important.:rolleyes:

msoares2123

Addicted to Softballfans
not gonna try to read all these pages. but it might be a good idea to "sticky" what bats we are and are not allowed to deal on here. just my opinion.

Metal Mulisha

Outstanding Bad Dealer
How and why a site WAS originally designed doesn't determine how a site ends up being used.

I was probably on this site for a good 4 months before I even knew there was a "store" here.

Riddle me this....what does Facebook sell? Yet it generates billions of dollars in commerce every year. SBF is the Facebook of Softball. REALIZE THIS and start cashing in. Without SBF I'd never heard of ******** Sports, without SBF I've never heard of *************, without SBF I've never heard of **********, without SBF I've never heard of ****** or ******, without SBF I wouldn't even know that there were "exclusive" bats being offered anywhere.

I have purchased two NIW bats from the SBF store in the past two seasons. I have directed two team mates to the SBF store to make purchases as well. These 4 purchases would have NEVER happened were if it were not for the forum. In the past three seasons I have bought/sold/traded 20+ bats via the forum.

To think that clamping down on what types of bats can be sold or traded in the forum will have any bearing on increasing sales from the SBF store is juvenile at best. Prove us wrong? Post up the sale numbers pre and post the exclusive bat rule or the can't sell NIW bats offered in the store.

If the store wants increased sales, then back off on the "rules", infuse some membership fee status, devise a way for dealers to advertise for a fee, generate more traffic to the site...that will increase bat sales in the SBF store. Anything that reduces traffic can't possibly yield more bat sales from the SBF store.

Can not say it any better than this^^^^^^^^^^

dirt bags

Addicted to Softballfans
How and why a site WAS originally designed doesn't determine how a site ends up being used.

I was probably on this site for a good 4 months before I even knew there was a "store" here.

Riddle me this....what does Facebook sell? Yet it generates billions of dollars in commerce every year. SBF is the Facebook of Softball. REALIZE THIS and start cashing in. Without SBF I'd never heard of ******** Sports, without SBF I've never heard of *************, without SBF I've never heard of **********, without SBF I've never heard of ****** or ******, without SBF I wouldn't even know that there were "exclusive" bats being offered anywhere.

I have purchased two NIW bats from the SBF store in the past two seasons. I have directed two team mates to the SBF store to make purchases as well. These 4 purchases would have NEVER happened were if it were not for the forum. In the past three seasons I have bought/sold/traded 20+ bats via the forum.

To think that clamping down on what types of bats can be sold or traded in the forum will have any bearing on increasing sales from the SBF store is juvenile at best. Prove us wrong? Post up the sale numbers pre and post the exclusive bat rule or the can't sell NIW bats offered in the store.

If the store wants increased sales, then back off on the "rules", infuse some membership fee status, devise a way for dealers to advertise for a fee, generate more traffic to the site...that will increase bat sales in the SBF store. Anything that reduces traffic can't possibly yield more bat sales from the SBF store.

So you've made 4 purchases from the site in 2 years you've been here. But 20+ deals in the forums. These forums deals you brag of bring no money to the site but yet you learned all aobut these other sites from this forum and have spent money there. So you just proved the stores point behind this you have spent more money at other sites than this one. Oh BTW, you haven't even been here 2 years yet so how have you made deals in the forums for the past 3 years...:rolleyes:

^^^^^^^^^ that is absolutely brilliant to say the least.
I like the part best where he proves the site correct in their reasoning behind changing the rules..

Can not say it any better than this^^^^^^^^^^

If there were more logic and less anger behind his post perhaps it could have been said much better.

Why does't the store get into the used bat sales? like a Play it again sports but the online version? IJS

From my understanding the site used to deal in used bats but with all the problems they have with shaved, altered bats and shipping to and from it's just not worth it anymore to try this... IMO....

vc5013

Coach
It's already been stated that the guys who were "trading" NIW exclusives were actually just selling them via PM and email. If they continue to allow used exclusives to be traded then you will start seeing threads like this:

"Used 27oz. WSE for trade - 1 swing on it".

In reality it will be rep looking to backdoor some more sales via PM or email through a bogus "For Trade" thread. And you can't just say "well it's obvious which bats have really been used and which haven't", because you'll simply be opening a can of worms if the mods have to start deciding who's used bat is okay to trade and who's isn't.

We would probably start seeing UIW bats LOL. This does suck though

jxbird

Banned User
We would probably start seeing UIW bats LOL. This does suck though

This is some funny stuff.

But has anyone really thought this through?

The real problem here is not guys selling/trading exclusive bats...

The real problem is guys trading niw bats that the store has for sale.

If you really stop and think about it, which is more problematic and takes sales away?

hurkeynuts

I like big Butts
This will hurt several people, bats like the Unicorn stealth can no longer be traded. The SCL2, all of the SA mayhems, no Dic*s Miken Freaks

It makes 100% sense to not allow NIW/NOW versions of any bat the Store sells,

also makes sense to not allow any NIW/NOW versions of exclusive bats.

But a used bat! Should be allowed to be sold on the board. Allow us to trade used bats regardless of where they came from!

i agree. used bats. no matter what they are should be allowed to be sold and traded.

hurkeynuts

I like big Butts
The bold RED above proves the exact point of some of the reasoning behind the rules changes. SBF is a business, they make money off of sales they make absolutely no money off of exclusive bats from other sites. You came here and learned all about these other sites via SBF which means it was all free publicity for competing sites. It is convenient that in order to prove your point you said you bought 2 bats from SBF in 2 years. Now be honest how many NIW bats have you bought from other sites that you learned about from SBF?

this used bat rule is complete bull****. i've been on this site for less than a year and spent at least 2,000 at the sbf store. obviously not the most but definitely not the least. bought 2 demarini fse, 2 demarini .12, 1 combatant, 1 tps z-1000, 2 stadiums, 3 cartels. why should i be punished for other scumbags?

OtejunK

Art Work Junky
this used bat rule is complete bull****. i've been on this site for less than a year and spent at least 2,000 at the sbf store. obviously not the most but definitely not the least. bought 2 demarini fse, 2 demarini .12, 1 combatant, 1 tps z-1000, 2 stadiums, 3 cartels. why should i be punished for other scumbags?

Sorry, I gotta ask, how are you being "punished"??? Do you mean because you cant list a used bat for trade? Thats punishment?

If you are refering to taking "Money" out of your pocket because you cant list specific bat, then yes I suppose you could call it punishment...

But ...

Isn't that just like a bat that isnt sold by SBF and traded/Sold on here is taking money out of SBF pocket??? - I guess you could call that "punishment" as well.... Right? IJS...