New stamp

Chadwick24

You're Cut!!!
Got the new XL and NSA has a new stamp for NSA. Now I see on here we have a few years of pre-2012 bats. Then I see on NSA website they are saying this is the last year for them so what is it. I wod like to pick up a new booger but not gonna waste my money if it's no good next year

Country35

Banned User
nsa is setting people up for a bat change too bro........writing is on that wall........now if I had a dollar for all the iditos that are pissed at utrip and claim nsa is gonna be ok, I'd buy everyone a new bat

TyJack09

Addicted to Softballfans
nsa is setting people up for a bat change too bro........writing is on that wall........now if I had a dollar for all the iditos that are pissed at utrip and claim nsa is gonna be ok, I'd buy everyone a new bat

Agreed...

In the past, when one association makes a change it takes a few years to trickle down through the rest of the Associations except for ASA... They have been on their own program since the beginning.

It seems like with this big change USSSA is making, the trickle down effect will happen much faster than in the past.

Country35

Banned User
bat companies arent going to make a "nsa model" from here on out separate from a "utrip model"............withing 5 years the old bats are gonna be phased out and NSA will jump on that bandwagon once all anti-utrip sentiment dies down. They are playing on a cash grab for a year or two.

Chadwick24

You're Cut!!!
bat companies arent going to make a "nsa model" from here on out separate from a "utrip model"............withing 5 years the old bats are gonna be phased out and NSA will jump on that bandwagon once all anti-utrip sentiment dies down. They are playing on a cash grab for a year or two.

I realize that but how long can I swing my bats until NSA says no more. I know the new bats are gonna be pretty utrip/NSA standard but I play all NSA and asa I want a booger to swing this year and I can get them dirt cheap at this point

Country35

Banned User
I realize that but how long can I swing my bats until NSA says no more. I know the new bats are gonna be pretty utrip/NSA standard but I play all NSA and asa I want a booger to swing this year and I can get them dirt cheap at this point

your good for this year...........

NSANORTH

Addicted to Softballfans
Per meetings at the NSA Convention this year we will not make a bat change prior to 1/1/14

Bill Horton
NSA/BPA North-Central Zone VP

redbirdfan1

Focker
Per meetings at the NSA Convention this year we will not make a bat change prior to 1/1/14

Bill Horton
this is what makes NSA so good. many people have spent a lot of money on bats, so by 2014 a lot of those bats will be done or nearly done anyway while new bats will be well into circulation. great call by Mr.Horton.

nwo69

Addicted to Softballfans

Bill Horton

so reading this all the olds bats are good in NSA for the next 2 years.

NSA doesn't normally change things suddenly. Especially a major equipment change like that. I'd feel completely safe for the next couple of seasons with the current bats. Normally when they phase things out they give plenty of notice. If anything, they'll probably let you know a season before a change.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.

How big is NSA Canada? They have a "looser" standard and still have companies make a few bats for them. I'm sure ISA, NSA, and other small associations still using the old 1.20bpf are much bigger than NSA Canada. I'm sure they also outnumber guys that get to use senior bats.

Country35

Banned User
nsa is a private company that can do whatever it want.....i heard the same **** about utrip 8-10 years ago and the same shmucks still are playing asa

Shooter217

Addicted to Softballfans
How big is NSA Canada? They have a "looser" standard and still have companies make a few bats for them. I'm sure ISA, NSA, and other small associations still using the old 1.20bpf are much bigger than NSA Canada. I'm sure they also outnumber guys that get to use senior bats.

NSA Canada is a completely different association than NSA here in the states. They have no affiliation. I have guys constantly try to use NSA Canada approved bats like the Jak'd Nemesis. They claim that since it has the NSA Canada stamp, it is ok to use. They are hoping that the other players and umpires do not have enough common sense to say "That says Canada, not USA", and hope they say it's ok to use. Then they get pissed at me for not allowing a bat that they know is illegal.

JDOG120

Addicted to Softballfans
The league I play in is NSA sanctioned , the league commissioner told me that they are good for 12,13,14......... SO I SAID HELL MUTHA F@*(%ING YEAH.....not sure about sanctioned tournaments though.

bigbody3

Addicted to Softballfans
u trip said that the batys without the 2013 stamp will be grandfathered in until the start of next year, so i assume nsa wsl ect would do the same i sure hope so at least

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
NSA Canada is a completely different association than NSA here in the states. They have no affiliation. I have guys constantly try to use NSA Canada approved bats like the Jak'd Nemesis. They claim that since it has the NSA Canada stamp, it is ok to use. They are hoping that the other players and umpires do not have enough common sense to say "That says Canada, not USA", and hope they say it's ok to use. Then they get pissed at me for not allowing a bat that they know is illegal.

I know they aren't the same.:confused::confused: What made you think that?