New to the Family

kaerey

Addicted to Softballfans
I received a new Nokona AMG600K-CW (12.5") for Christmas. So nice and firm that I can barely close it one handed right now so I will have a long season of breaking it in ahead of me.

I have the option of returning this and getting something else up to about $290 if someone has another suggestion.

ohioballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Just use the conditioner on it and play catch it will take a while to break in but will be the best and most durable glove you will ever own.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
The WS-1200 (Walnut Softball, 12") is 1/2" shorter and narrower, the WS1300 (Walnut Softball 13") is very similar, but 1/2" longer. The WB1275M is the same length as your AMG600 (now the WS1250), but much narrower. If you want a much larger (like the WS1350), but want to skip the Velcro, PM me!

As for breaking it in, the walnut, buckskin, and Bloodline leathers are oil-tanned, so don't add any oil. The kangaroo and buffalo are already soft, so don't need any. Just play catch. Yes, it will last forever.

just moonshots!

2 out nightmare
on mine that i wanted to close a little easier, i take a little of the padding out of the heel. it lets you get the break you prefer, thumb to pinky or thumb to wherever you want. just something that helps me break it in how i like...

kaerey

Addicted to Softballfans
on mine that i wanted to close a little easier, i take a little of the padding out of the heel. it lets you get the break you prefer, thumb to pinky or thumb to wherever you want. just something that helps me break it in how i like...

This is interesting to me, I noticed that how I close the glove with about as much thumb movement as finger, that there seems to be a lot of padding or leather in the spot where I would like it to bend for my thumb movement.

As to the other recommendation about the different gloves, I think I might be in my sweet spot for size after reading your differences. I play a mix of RC, 3rd, 2nd, 1st and Pitcher for my various teams so I don't want to big, or to little and with how I close the glove again with lots of thumb movement towards the middle finger on my small hands, the larger pocket of the buckaroo might be best for me.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I think you are right that you have the right glove. With the kangaroo back, the glove will break in relatively quickly. I would not add any conditioner until the glove gets noticeably dry, and even then, only to the palm. A light coat of Vasoline at the end of each season might be all you need for a long time.

kaerey

Addicted to Softballfans
I think you are right that you have the right glove. With the kangaroo back, the glove will break in relatively quickly. I would not add any conditioner until the glove gets noticeably dry, and even then, only to the palm. A light coat of Vasoline at the end of each season might be all you need for a long time.

The other quick swap option at the store was a Bloodline Trapezee I think 12.75, but I think it felt a little narrow so I stuck with what I was given. I also considered returning it, and then ordering a Custom Mizuno, but then I figured I would prefer this quality over pretty colors.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
The 1275T pattern measures at 12.25" and has a narrow, but deep pocket. The 600 is a much better all around choice, IMHO.

kaerey

Addicted to Softballfans
Just wanted to given an update. I've played a few tourneys and a fall league with this new glove so far and it's been AMAZING! Love this thing.