New to utrip/NSA

wiggie7

Addicted to Softballfans
This is going to be my first NSA tournament this year as it starts to spread in NJ more every year. I wanted to buy an NSA bat to swing since everyone I've spoken to says I should. In ASA I swing the easton OG flex and a demarini Evo AX (silver). Any suggestions on what I should swing in NSA? Is the scn2 the NSA version of the OG flex? And is SBF's price of $ 199.99 NIW a good price?

Also is there a difference between utrip bats and NSA? Or is any u trip bat legal in NSA? Any advice is appreciated

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I wouldn't worry about what you're swinging if it's your first tourney. I know absolutely nothing about NSA rules but do know that changing bats isn't something you really want to do in the middle of a season if you can avoid it. You're not going to lose that much performance wise.

Prodigy5883

Addicted to Softballfans
You should be able to use your ASA bats in NSA/USSSA. I know new league should = new bat but I think getting used to the arc is the first thing you want to focus on, is the reason I say use your ASA bat. I have guys on my team that still swing their ASA bats in USSSA tourneys and in our league. Go with that feels comfortable with you, if your comfortable in the box then you will do fine. Then as you meet more people who play NSA/USSSA and start picking up with them, check their bats out and see which ones you like (thats how I ended up with my USSSA bats), well that and people on my team went out and spent the $$$ for bats and I tested them out. :)

wiggie7

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to swing my flex this weekend and I'm gonna grab a fulk next week when I get paid. Thanks for all of the advice but one more question... Are utrip and NSA bats the same? Anything I could use in utrip I could use in NSA? And vice versa?

Prodigy5883

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to swing my flex this weekend and I'm gonna grab a fulk next week when I get paid. Thanks for all of the advice but one more question... Are utrip and NSA bats the same? Anything I could use in utrip I could use in NSA? And vice versa?

Not sure on the exact ruling but I think you if you can use it in NSA, you can use it in Utrip...unless its on this banned list that is somewhere, I have never seen it. However, I know a fulk is not on that banned list and you should be...g2g

jgoodew

Addicted to Softballfans
any USSSA bat i have ever owned has also said NSA on it... not sure if they go hand-in-hand, but as for what i have seen, they have.