New Tosser ....... anyone ?

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Has anyone gave this a try ? if so what are your likes and dislikes ? After owning both a Jugs & Wheeler Dealer for the price this tosser might be on point.

picture.php

PRO PERFORMANCE CATAPULT SOFT TOSS & FIELD TRAIN (Baseball/Softball)

Catapult Soft Toss And Fielding Trainer...Become A Better Hitter!

SKLZ Catapult Soft Toss And Fielding Trainer features:
Use to build visual acuity and hitting accuracy
Automatically tosses regulation baseballs and practice balls every 8 seconds
Adjustable height and distance; tosses balls up to 25 ft.
Runs on AC adapter or batteries (not included)
Easy to set up

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
Never used or seen one but it looks like it will only pitch baseballs and probably not hard ones. So if you are looking for a machine to pitch soft baseballs it looks like a decent deal.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Never used or seen one but it looks like it will only pitch baseballs and probably not hard ones. So if you are looking for a machine to pitch soft baseballs it looks like a decent deal.

Yeah that is what I was wishing to find out, due to the ad saying basball and softball.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would guess it tosses wiffle balls 25 feet, and real balls like everything else. SKLZ makes some cool things, but clearly use a marketing and advertising agent that believes in stretching the truth to the very limit. I am just basing this on some of their ridiculous claims and some of their other products I've bought.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
I would guess it tosses wiffle balls 25 feet, and real balls like everything else. SKLZ makes some cool things, but clearly use a marketing and advertising agent that believes in stretching the truth to the very limit. I am just basing this on some of their ridiculous claims and some of their other products I've bought.

Good Info jbo.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would probably try and find one of these in a store and test it out and return it if it doesn't do what they claim. Unless you can find someone on here with one or a video on Youtube. Youtube has videos for everything anymore.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
I would probably try and find one of these in a store and test it out and return it if it doesn't do what they claim. Unless you can find someone on here with one or a video on Youtube. Youtube has videos for everything anymore.

This right hurr sounds like a good plan.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mine moved to MO. I'm looking for a new one. I own a pitching screen which is a major selling point FYI.

BLACK DEATH

RED DEATH now
Every body is too busy or actually lazy to bp. I supply the balls, bats, screen just not gloves and i still cant get no one to bp. It sucks and is a reason i barely bp anymore but i bought the heater wich is good for solo bp. Pitches real balls for $400. This machine looks ok but $70 isnt bad until u get bored of it.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Every body is too busy or actually lazy to bp. I supply the balls, bats, screen just not gloves and i still cant get no one to bp. It sucks and is a reason i barely bp anymore but i bought the heater wich is good for solo bp. Pitches real balls for $400. This machine looks ok but $70 isnt bad until u get bored of it.

I feel you on the "no one wants to do BP", I need BP somethang bad (hitting is the suck right now) and everyone wants to hit but no wants or cant pitch. What heater did you end up getting ? I think I might have to spend some $$$ to do solo BP's.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
where would you plug that thing in? for $400 I want to be hitting at an actual field, not into a screen in my garage.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Get a Louisville Slugger Blue Flame if you have someone to go but can't pitch, works great with mostly good pitches that vary slightly and an occasional bad to keep you honest.

BLACK DEATH

RED DEATH now
I have the smallest honda generator to power the machine. Others have bought the portable 120 volt power units that recharge at the house. I havent used the heater on an actuall field but an open park works well. Most ball parks here will not let us practice on them. I have a blue flame and it does pitch good, but u need a partner for it to work. You could also use an invertor that plugs into your cars battery and run a long ext cord at a park to power a heater pitching machine. Granted nothings easy or perfect for solo bp.

Rye1243

Get a Louisville Slugger Blue Flame if you have someone to go but can't pitch, works great with mostly good pitches that vary slightly and an occasional bad to keep you honest.

I was reading the features on this...can it really pitch up to a 12' arch? If so, I'm going to have to pick one of these up!

BLACK DEATH

RED DEATH now
If i recall it may but u may have to prop up the front leg a little or maybe it does already. Either way its worth it if ur a serious player. It has the price of a few bats n most of us spend so much already on bats etc... To buy a few of these machines.

SDMike

Addicted to Softballfans
I dont recall the model number but it was for softball only for $399. The softball/baseball one costs more. Heres the link to it
http://www.heaterpitchingmachine.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=000009&PNAME=Heater+Softball+Pitching+Machine

I forgot who it was on here he made a youtube vid of him hitting with this machine.

Heater is the solution for solo BP. I've had mine about 4 years and it's still in good shape. You'll also need a power source if you don't have outlets at the field. I use a rechargeable battery with a built in AC Inverter (Xantrex Powerpack).

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Heater is the solution for solo BP. I've had mine about 4 years and it's still in good shape. You'll also need a power source if you don't have outlets at the field. I use a rechargeable battery with a built in AC Inverter (Xantrex Powerpack).

I like this here (in red). I may look into this no doubt.

BLACK DEATH

RED DEATH now
Ive used any ball i could find but i think leather works better than synthetic cover or is it the other way? I cant recall but i use 12" leather decker asa sharks and it works well. Ive also used super blue dots and it works well. Ive used synthetic covered gold dots and it worked also but left marks on the balls, but gold dots suck anyhow. One thing most people have said is to use the same kind of balls for consistancy. I beleive this as ive put different balls one time and the machine shoots them all differently. When i use the same kind of balls, it shoots them almost the same every time or close enough to not have to adjust yourself often. Youll get high, low, inside, outside pitches just like in a real game. You can practice hitting all kinds of pitches.

Ive put mine further back than he did in the video, almost 40-50' for a distance like a real pitcher pitching and its ok, the backspin is bad but a pitch is a pitch. You just have to test different speeds and arcs to see what works for you. Still well worth the money.

Heres the video on you tube from a board bro...... He talks about a few things he did to it.

http://m.youtube.com/?reload=3&rdm=m9xtks2iz#/watch?v=ZJchVAGJINI

Last edited:

BLACK DEATH

RED DEATH now
Hey thats what we are all here for. To help one another out especially when it comes to spending money and from what I've seen lately..... kicking a man when he's down..... jk but the funny stuff on this board people say or come up with is hilarious. But not to start another off topic post.

My local sports store academy had this heater machine for $299 on clearance a while back. I would've got it but I already spent the $399. Don't know if any of u all have a similar place.

Also one thing I have noticed n tried is if the ball falls into the shoot faster or better it pitches them better. That piece of plastic or tape he put in the video helps but when I dropped the ball in at a higher height it was better.

Last edited:

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Hey thats what we are all here for. To help one another out especially when it comes to spending money and from what I've seen lately..... kicking a man when he's down..... jk but the funny stuff on this board people say or come up with is hilarious. But not to start another off topic post.

My local sports store academy had this heater machine for $299 on clearance a while back. I would've got it but I already spent the $399. Don't know if any of u all have a similar place.

Also one thing I have noticed n tried is if the ball falls into the shoot faster or better it pitches them better. That piece of plastic or tape he put in the video helps but when I dropped the ball in at a higher height it was better.

$100 off is g2g either way.