Newer ASA bats vs the .44 core question....

LEROY

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey bros a really quick question. I have looked through a lot of the threads and couldn't find a great answer. My question is how do the newer ASA bats hold up against the .44 cores. It looks like I am going to be playing ASA as well now in 2 leagues. One uses the mush balls and the other still uses the .44 core balls. I just want to get one bat and I was looking long and hard at getting either the SP12SY98 or the Helmer version. How have these been holding up to .44 core balls? I am really intrigued by the EL ASA only Helmer Stealth coming out too. Sorry for the stupid question in advance.

freak98guy

Place Clever Title Here
This has been covered many times. Use the 2011(SRV3,4,5,SSR2) or older bats for the .44's. Newer bats, use the .52/300's only.

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
We have not had any of newer eastons break yet and we hit stadium zn's on warm days and 44/375's on cold days. Some spiral early but still last. The 2013 models don't take long at all to get good either. Take wrapper off hit ball.

freak98guy

Place Clever Title Here
Many umps & tourney/ league directors will not allow these bats once a spiral crack appears. There is no question that the newer bats are less durable using a .44/375 or harder ball.