NFL Week 17: You won't have to read another of these dumb threads for 8 more months

3XC

Big Truss
New York Jets -3 at Buffalo (O/U is 43)

Patriots -9 at Miami (O/U is 47.5)

Steelers -10 at Browns (O/U is 47.5)

Ravens +7.5 at Bengals (O/U is 42.5)

Jaguars +6.5 at Texans (O/U is 45.5)

Titans +6 at Colts (O/U is N/A)

Redskins +3 at Cowboys (O/U is N/A)

Saints +4 at Falcons (O/U is 52)

Eagles +3 at New York Giants (O/U is 52)

Lions +1 at Bears (O/U is 45)

Seahawks +4.5 at Arizona (O/U is 47.5)

Buccaneers +10.5 at Carolina (O/U is 46.5)

Raiders +6.5 at Chiefs (O/U is 43)

Chargers +8.5 at Broncos (O/U is 41)

Rams -3.5 at 49ers (O/U is 37)

Vikings +3 at Packers (O/U is 46.5)

3XC

Big Truss
I'm gonna go ahead and pick a whole slate. Remember kids, although Week 1 is the absolute worst week of the season to put down money, Week 17 is a close second.

Buffalo +3

Patriots -9

Steelers -10

Bengals - 7.5

Jaguars +6.5

Colts -6

Redskins +3

Saints +4

Eagles +3

Lions +1

Arizona -4.5

Buccaneers +10.5

Chiefs -6.5

Broncos - 8.5

Rams -3.5

Packers -3

Marshenko

AFC SCENARIOS:

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

New England can clinch home-field advantage throughout the playoffs with:
1) NE win or tie
2) DEN loss or tie

CINCINNATI BENGALS

Cincinnati can clinch a first-round bye with:
1) CIN win + DEN loss or tie
2) CIN tie + DEN loss
3) DEN loss + KC win

DENVER BRONCOS

Denver can clinch the AFC West division title with:
1) DEN win or tie
2) KC loss or tie

Denver can clinch a first-round bye with:
1) DEN win
2) DEN tie + CIN loss or tie
3) KC loss or tie + CIN loss

Denver can clinch home-field advantage throughout the playoffs with:
1) DEN win + NE loss

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Kansas City can clinch the AFC West division title with:
1) KC win + DEN loss

NEW YORK JETS

N.Y. Jets can clinch a playoff berth with:
1) NYJ win or tie
2) PIT loss or tie

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Pittsburgh can clinch a playoff berth with:
1) PIT win + NYJ loss

HOUSTON TEXANS

Houston can clinch the AFC South division title with:
1) HOU win or tie
2) IND loss or tie
3) HOU clinches strength of victory tiebreaker over IND OR clinches strength of schedule tiebreaker over IND
(Note: HOU clinches strength of victory tiebreaker over IND if one of the following teams wins or ties: NO, CIN, NYJ, SD, NE.
HOU clinches strength of schedule tiebreaker over IND if KC wins or ties and BAL wins or ties as long as both teams don't tie.
If Houston and Indianapolis end up tied in strength of victory and tied in strength of schedule, the teams would then go to the next tiebreaker, which is best combined ranking among AFC teams in points scored and points allowed in all games. Houston currently has a combined AFC ranking of 17 and Indianapolis is at 25.)

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Indianapolis can clinch the AFC South division title with:
1) IND win + HOU loss + IND ties HOU in strength of victory tiebreaker and clinches strength of schedule tiebreaker over HOU
(Note: IND ties HOU in strength of victory tiebreaker and clinches strength of schedule tiebreaker over HOU if BOTH of the following occurs:
• a) all of the following teams win: BAL, ATL, BUF, DEN, MIA
• b) OAK win or tie + PIT win or tie as long as both teams don't tie.
If Houston and Indianapolis end up tied in strength of victory and tied in strength of schedule, the teams would then go to the next tiebreaker, which is best combined ranking among AFC teams in points scored and points allowed in all games. Houston currently has a combined AFC ranking of 17 and Indianapolis is at 25.)

NFC SCENARIOS:

CAROLINA PANTHERS

Carolina can clinch home-field advantage throughout the playoffs with:
1) Win or tie
2) ARI loss or tie

ARIZONA CARDINALS

Arizona can clinch home-field advantage throughout the playoffs with:
1) Win + CAR loss

GREEN BAY PACKERS

Green Bay can clinch the NFC North division title with:
1) Win or tie

MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Minnesota can clinch the NFC North division title with:
1) Win

WASHINGTON REDSKINS

Washington is locked in as the NFC No. 4 seed.

NFC No. 3 through 6 seeding scenarios:

If GB wins and SEA wins:
• GB No. 3, WAS No. 4, SEA No. 5, MIN No. 6

If GB wins and SEA loss/tie:
• GB No. 3, WAS No. 4, MIN No. 5, SEA No. 6

If GB ties:
• GB No. 3, WAS No. 4, MIN No. 5, SEA No. 6

If MIN wins:
• MIN No. 3, WAS No. 4, GB No. 5, SEA No. 6

Stretch19

Grow up
indy needed 10 things to happen as of like monday for them to make the playoffs...they got the first by denver winning...they are 1/10th of the way there and appear as if they will be starting either stephen morris, josh freeman or ryan lindley this week

Joker

of all the things locked, its washington with a playoff berth. the nfc east is horrible

3XC

Big Truss
Somehow I think the "Baltimore and Miami both winning" scenario makes the Texans safe, not to mention all the other ****.

Marshenko

It really is the longest shot ever. Need all of these to happen:
A) win
B) have rival team lose
C) have 7 other teams win

Marshenko

If you bet $100 on the Colts winning and then parlay that with all the other games they need to go their way, you can win about $200k

3XC

Big Truss
Washington is gonna host Seattle in a WC round game. The last time that scenario happened the Redskins franchise as a collective stepped on a rake and hit themselves in the face, Krusty the Klown style. You'd think the expectations of the fanbase would be tempered by, you know, reality or whatever. Nope. I'm in Annapolis, right on that Ravens/Redskins border, with full DC media market access, radio and TV. "Pig rolling round in its own ****" is pretty apt right now.

Seattle 875
Washington 6

Cousins to Jordan Reed TD on opening drive, missed XP, Skins up 6-0 and Bruce Allen says "That will come back to bite us", Washington then gives up 875 unanswered points. Russell Wilson, carrying 2 footballs, somehow, rushes in untouched and the refs award Seattle 12 points.

3XC

Big Truss
In my mind I meant Sideshow Bob, but I guess I was conflating Bob = genius and there is nothing smart about Redskins anything except for maybe letting London Fletcher and Darrell Green play into their 60s.

3XC

Big Truss
The Redskins are a sideshow alright.

If I had to choose one animated character to play Dan Snyder, it would have to be Officer Barbrady.

Stretch19

Grow up
the rams completely shutting seattle down last week, in seattle is giving skins fans a lot of hope

still dont think there is anyway they win the game to be honest, but who knows, thats why they play the game

3XC

Big Truss
And, oddly enough, I think both Seattle and the Vikings would win in DC, I think Green Bay would lose.

I think Washington would match up well with the Packers, throw down the middle of the field to Reed, run the ball effectively, and control TOP. Rodgers is throwing to basically nobody right now, Cobb without Nelson has proven to be more scrubby than anticipated, and Green Bay is not as good as their record.

That said, GB will beat Minnesota at home so this won't happen. GB in DC though, I'd take the Skins straight up even though GB would be favored.

Stretch19

Grow up
i actually saw some dirt bikes doing a half time show recently at the panthers game...they didnt tear it up

but yeah, that turf was/is an absolutely joke, much like the organization as a whole

Stretch19

Grow up
And, oddly enough, I think both Seattle and the Vikings would win in DC, I think Green Bay would lose.

I think Washington would match up well with the Packers, throw down the middle of the field to Reed, run the ball effectively, and control TOP. Rodgers is throwing to basically nobody right now, Cobb without Nelson has proven to be more scrubby than anticipated, and Green Bay is not as good as their record.

That said, GB will beat Minnesota at home so this won't happen. GB in DC though, I'd take the Skins straight up even though GB would be favored.

its amazing how GB hasnt been able to adjust at all to losing nelson

carolina lost their #1 in the preseason and havent really skipped a beat; GB line is ass trash though and youre right, not as good as their record

i think skins could beat MIN though

3XC

Big Truss
Minnesotas defensive front would completely dominate that game. Cousins was not good for the first 3/4 of the season, now all of a sudden he's throwing downfield at will, his completion % for passes that go longer than 10 yards in the air went up by like 30 points. Reed "emerged" so to speak.

I think the super underrated Minnesota D would slay.

If you peel the onion and look at weird but predictive stats, like "number of 3rd down conversions allowed via passing", then look at who the Vikings have played - three pass heavy offenses in their division, plus the pass heavy Chargers, Raiders, and Falcons (and played Seattle AFTER Wilson "woke up" and got good), the stats are more impressive. Vikings have a top 10 D by all the vanilla metrics - scoring, yards allowed, etc, but the "deep" metrics have them as better than even those top 10 numbers indicate. They get off the field, they are top 10 in defensive fewest yardage allowed via penalty, a key passing metric that is almost totally ignored (The Ravens, bafflingly, are #1, I guess they just let opponents get so open that they can't even interfere), they are built to stop downfield passing, the Redskins recent bread and butter. They are top 10 in several other defensive categories of note: sacks (9th), passing yards allowed per game (tied for 7th), rushing touchdowns allowed (3rd: a good "tighten up" stat, although nobody in their division runs the ball like ever) and give/take ratio (7th).

Honestly, if Aaron Rodgers didn't absolutely own that ass, I'd be inclined to pick them to host Seattle and win, but nah. They'll lose this week and play at GB again, and lose again. Seattle will beat DC and then go to Carolina, GB will go to Arizona and lose by 100 points again, then someone on the Cardinals will get hurt as usual so that Carolina wins the NFC, Palmer probably.

Stretch19

Grow up
minnesotas defense is real solid, ill give you that, but i dont know about them dominating the skins up front...all year long, skins have been pretty good as far as protecting cousins and limiting sacks...at one point more than 1/2 through the season they lead the league in passer protection, not sure what it is now, update skins have allowed 26 sacks this year, 6th fewest in the league...

getting djax back and healthy has helped obviously with kirk throwing down the field, finally have someone to take the top of things and open it up, but like you said reed being healthy and back has been huge; the last 1/4 of the season hes produced like a top 3 TE for sure

3XC

Big Truss
Skins offense has played great of late, in the postseason "hot hand" matters way more than what happened in September. This is why I think if KC is gonna demolish Houston and be a dangerous team, no matter where they play, in Cincy or in Denver (very possible either way) I'd pick them to strangle the other teams offense. Brady in NE is probably too experienced to get rattled like that but I don't think anyone wants a piece of the Chiefs right now.

Would Washington be able to throw downfield on Minnesota? I don't think they would. They'd have to "win" all the games-within-the-game; TOP, turnovers, penalties, big plays, field position, etc. The Vikings are pretty disciplined and Bridgewater is rounding into your classic game manager type, I don't think they could beat the Vikes, just my opinion.

Green Bay would give up so many big plays to the Skins it might even get to be a rout. Seattle is so solid in the red zone against the pass and Lynch will be back, playoff Lynch? Man thats tough. DC at home though. That would be a good game but I'd lean Seattle.