Not GTG NGTG Velmicha...Mike Velazco...OWES $205

5Redman8

Addicted to Softballfans
+++++Velmicha9....Mike Velazco...REFUNDED+++++

As of 7/16/2013, my money has been refunded. Buyers beware moving forward. It took entirely too long and too much trouble....had to get police involved....to get my refund.

Long story [email protected] Velazco of Marion Ohio 740-751-8903 owes me $205 for a bat that was never received.

Michael Velazco
147 Carhart Street
Marion Ohio 43302

Long version......Bought a bat on May 28 sent money gift through Paypal.....My bad for trusting with a gift....lesson learned!

Bat gets missent(I know this is not a word but it is according to USPS) by USPS twice...I knew something was up....had another bat stolen the same way.

Apparently, it gets to my door(June 6th) and 2 hours later the sender requests through USPS that it be shipped back to them....I HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM WITH THEM RETURNING TO MY PROPERTY AND TAKING THE PACKAGE. I have now filed a formal complaint against them.

Package gets back to sender....EMPTY. I figure no big deal....it was insured. He keeps telling me they are investigating.....more investigating....they may not pay because it was on my porch and someone could have taken it....this has been the story up to today 7/10. I finally call USPS and find out according to their system the claim was paid June 27th. COMMUNICATION STOPPED WHEN I CALLED HIM OUT ON HAVING THE CLAIM PAID!

He now says the check is on the way.....I did not pay by check!!!!

Police report filed.

Will update if I get my money!

As of 7/16/2013, my money has been refunded. Buyers beware moving forward. It took entirely too long and too much trouble....had to get police involved....to get my refund.

Last edited:

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
Police will do nothing based on payment sent as gift.

Gift +police report = lesson learned

Definitely NGTG though.

Is there a precedent on the gifting with the police report? I havent heard that before.

5Redman8

Addicted to Softballfans
velmicha9 is correct...will edit first post.

Police took report....investigator will call by Monday.

I think his texts to me will hang his butt.

He did say he was sending a check....I do not believe it...even if a check arrives, it will have to clear....I did not pay by check....all communication has stopped since I called him out for being dishonest.

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
Prove money was sent for a bat?? Based on FACTS, money was 'gifted'.

Good luck with that ...

Fraud is fraud. If he has the details to back it up they would look at it the same way as someone who send it as goods.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
It is hard to prove fraud based on the fact that when he pulls up his paypal account it will show money was gifted to him. Unless it says in the message box for a bat it will be very hard to prove.

Not saying impossible by any means, just going to have to do a lot of leg work.

Devil Dog

You like soup?
It is hard to prove fraud based on the fact that when he pulls up his paypal account it will show money was gifted to him. Unless it says in the message box for a bat it will be very hard to prove.

Not saying impossible by any means, just going to have to do a lot of leg work.

Would have to disagree. Pull up paypal sent history. Find transaction. Hit Print Screen. Print out print screen after pasting into ms paint. Show authorities that there was a payment sent?

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
Would have to disagree. Pull up paypal sent history. Find transaction. Hit Print Screen. Print out print screen after pasting into ms paint. Show authorities that there was a payment sent?

Pair this with texts, PM's, etc...and there you have it.

blov10

Nortadakota
Prove money was sent for a bat?? Based on FACTS, money was 'gifted'.

Good luck with that ...

That's why it's not called gifting anymore on paypal and there is a comments box to put in what you are purchasing.

5Redman8

Addicted to Softballfans
My local Sheriff's office called Mike Velazco and he says he intends to pay.

I will update if I hear back or get payment.

Do worth 40

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a very similar incident with him during a trade we had.... He got my bad in 2 days and I waited almost 2 weeks... My package supposively got lost and usps investigated also... I eventually got my bat tho.

5Redman8

Addicted to Softballfans
The money has been deposited into my Paypal account.

How do I amend my feedback and still warn others about the difficulty I had?

drr232

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah TECHNICALLY i think people MAY say it becomes BB since you finally got your $$$ but IMO when police have to be involved for resolution, NGTG FEELS more appropriate

but either way, I will NEVER deal with him!

glad you finally got your $$$