NH USSSA Director cant keep up

Palmball

Addicted to Softballfans
Is there any reason we have the highest tournemant entry costs in the country but still dont have the fields lined prior to games? Brackets are not released until the night before the tournament starts. Is this too much to ask for an 8 team state tournament?

Spastic Monkey

Oh Yeah!
As far as being the highest in the country I can tell you that's not true. I've seen fees range from $250 for the State Tournament up to $340 so while they might seem high they are right in line with other states.

Which tournament are you talking about not having fields? If you are talking about the first NIT of the year, then you probably weren't aware that the town of Merrimack NH where he has held his tournaments for years let him know last minute that they were not going to release the fields to him even though what was told to him earlier in the week was it wouldn't be a problem. So instead of canceling a 14 team NIT he busted his butt to secure 2 more fields.

I can't disagree with you regarding releasing the bracket he has always released it late Thursday Night, the last two tournaments(E and D States) they were released late due to 2 teams backing out then calling and wanting back in and then back out and getting back in. So again instead of canceling he waited to make sure that these tournaments would get done.

I am not about to go into the situation that the NH Director has been dealing with the last 2 seasons. All I can tell you is that in the past, teams liked coming to NH because they knew that the director ran a great tournament, took care of his fields and worked hard to promote it. He is adding a couple more people next year to help assist him in turning around the program. A few ideas have already been discussed. So I hope the answers I provided here are sufficient for you, feel free to PM me if you have any other questions or concerns.

My mistake, fields LINED during games......I rarely see any tournaments with lined fields anymore. But sure, next season I will make sure the fields are LINED!
Jason

Is there any reason we have the highest tournemant entry costs in the country but still dont have the fields lined prior to games? Brackets are not released until the night before the tournament starts. Is this too much to ask for an 8 team state tournament?

Last edited:

Sully-7

Addicted to Softballfans
As far as being the highest in the country I can tell you that's not true. I've seen fees range from $250 for the State Tournament up to $340 so while they might seem high they are right in line with other states.

Which tournament are you talking about not having fields? If you are talking about the first NIT of the year, then you probably weren't aware that the town of Merrimack NH where he has held his tournaments for years let him know last minute that they were not going to release the fields to him even though what was told to him earlier in the week was it wouldn't be a problem. So instead of canceling a 14 team NIT he busted his butt to secure 2 more fields.

I can't disagree with you regarding releasing the bracket he has always released it late Thursday Night, the last two tournaments(E and D States) they were released late due to 2 teams backing out then calling and wanting back in and then back out and getting back in. So again instead of canceling he waited to make sure that these tournaments would get done.

I am not about to go into the situation that the NH Director has been dealing with the last 2 seasons. All I can tell you is that in the past, teams liked coming to NH because they knew that the director ran a great tournament, took care of his fields and worked hard to promote it. He is adding a couple more people next year to help assist him in turning around the program. A few ideas have already been discussed. So I hope the answers I provided here are sufficient for you, feel free to PM me if you have any other questions or concerns.

My mistake, fields LINED during games......I rarely see any tournaments with lined fields anymore. But sure, next season I will make sure the fields are LINED!
Jason

UMMMM please make sure the lines are lined tomorrow!!!

Sully-7

Addicted to Softballfans
great day of ball yesterday even if the lines weren't lined..... Congrats to The Show for winning it!!