Nicknames

Foster51

Hide yo kids!!!!
We had a of we called 50/50 because that was his chances of catching the ball he only played of in a pinch most of the time we put him at c but he managed to drop his fair share back there too

BigNick21

Pickin & a Grinnin
I got the nickname Hawg from a teammate when during a game I was in the outfield and went after a ball and slipped....it had been raining and I usually play 3rd or pitch and still had my turfs on.....and everytime I tried to get up I kept slipping...being that I am a big guy....he said I looked like a Hog rolling in the mud...they got me a shirt with the spelling changed to Hawg...it was funny even to me

adunn83

Jesus saves!
My swing earned me a nickname.......FOUR!!!!!! A guy that lived close to the fields called me "Easy Out". He said he would drop it once I proved him wrong. It took a while, but it happened. I always told him if he keeps running his mouth I would take to key to his scooter. I think the ump had one for me just never said it. When I would try to kill a pitch, I pulled hard into the trees. He got tired of my foul ball antics. It was league too so it happened every week.

xethicx

Addicted to Softballfans
There's a guy on my team that is very tall and probably the fastest player in the league so we call him gazelle, he actually has it on his jersey lolz.

ehudmh

Left-Handed Assassin
Played with a guy once who was built like the Hulk, but always popped up. We named him Popup King. He got whiny about it, so we renamed him Popup Queen.

mikeforgette

Addicted to Softballfans
We got a bigger guy on the team who absolutly kills the ball and has a thunderous swing, one of the guys gave him the nickname the Bear Jew.

Some other good ones we have are John Bon Bow-sy (his name is John Bows), One guy has about 6 names the best of which are Butch as he butchered the first ball hit to him on the team and Coco (as his last name is Crisp). We also have One Two Four One Three as that guy was humblebragging once about how he played in a tournament and went 12-13.

five-ohh

Addicted to Softballfans
my number was 5 switched teams and ended up 50 bc they had a five. then i became a cop so now im called five-ohh

Classax

Act Like You Know
Back in Army days we had a manager that was really big on hustling every momement you were on the field if you wanted to stay on the team. At 6'3 and 230ish back then I as now still appear to be somewhat thin. I had a habit of always trying to push for the extra base so he started calling me "Stretch", it stuck ever since.

kruky

Manager
My team calls me Father Frank. I'm still wondering why as I'm probably the less religious out of all of them. I'm not the oldest either.

PTSoftball10

Addicted to Softballfans
Honeybear
Crohop
Primetime
G-$
Pipes
Mulch
Horse Head
Nacho
T-Rex
Giraffe

I honestly think no one on our team acutally goes by thier real name

gvmac25

Addicted to Softballfans
I joined a team a few years back and ended up playing every position that first season, because different guys didn't show up each week. Well I didn't think anything of it and eventually settled in to the infield on that position, but would play wherever I was needed. The funny thing was at the beginning of the next year, a new guy was joining the team and I was introduced to him by the pitcher as "the futility player". He said he had no idea if I was any good at any position, because I rearely spent more than 2 games at any position. The name stuck after that. It's helped out on more than one occasion in close games when I get up and our team is yelling stuff ubout being futile and the other team's OF moves in, only to be burned! It only works against the new teams, because I've played in this same league for more than 20 years.