No Love anymore

Rocc13

Addicted to Softballfans
Whats with the sudden change of heart...Not sure what has happened but no-one is willing to ship North of the border anymore...Any feedback as to why? Ive never had a problem in my short time as a member but as of late i notice alot of post saying US only shipping...I get that it costs a little more which is why i usually pay some extra for shipping unless we are trading but i dont understand...Help me understand please

bjh1997

D Swinger
i have noticed this as well. Had a few deals worked out for my flex and scn9 but when a few bros seen i am in Nova Scotia they back track real quick...

TheBatman42

No more MV1 Threads!
Personally, it's not the cost. It's the American impatience of having to wait a few extra days for items to arrive.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Whats with the sudden change of heart...Not sure what has happened but no-one is willing to ship North of the border anymore...Any feedback as to why? Ive never had a problem in my short time as a member but as of late i notice alot of post saying US only shipping...I get that it costs a little more which is why i usually pay some extra for shipping unless we are trading but i dont understand...Help me understand please

When I've done it, it's been a huge pain in the ass. Not so much the money, but the extra time at the post office filling out paperworks.

TheBatman42

No more MV1 Threads!
When I've done it, it's been a huge pain in the ass. Not so much the money, but the extra time at the post office filling out paperworks.

It's easier online. No hand cramps. Do it all the time at work, but rarely receive international.

Rocc13

Addicted to Softballfans
everything on our end is the same for US or Canada...after reading some of the forums on here is it not one extra form to fill out? (not saying it to be an azz,just trying to understand)

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
everything on our end is the same for US or Canada...after reading some of the forums on here is it not one extra form to fill out? (not saying it to be an azz,just trying to understand)

You're drunk........There is extra **** in Washington to fill out sending a bat from Kettle Falls Wa to Canada. I've done it.

Rocc13

Addicted to Softballfans
You're drunk........There is extra **** in Washington to fill out sending a bat from Kettle Falls Wa to Canada. I've done it.

wow read exactly what i wrote...i was ASKING if there are more forms not saying its all the same

MadEyeball

Big-Jesus-Trashcan
It's not a few dollars its like double and with all the cheap skates on this site trying to get everything for nothing guys balk at wanting to pay an extra $10-$15 bucks for shipping. Paper work is annoying but if you pay full price plus extra shipping I'll send a bat to Siberia.

suthrner

Church League Allstar
It's not a few dollars its like double and with all the cheap skates on this site trying to get everything for nothing guys balk at wanting to pay an extra $10-$15 bucks for shipping. Paper work is annoying but if you pay full price plus extra shipping I'll send a bat to Siberia.

x2...I'll send it around the world twice as long the buyer pays for the extra shipping.

WasteMan5

I have no problem shipping to Canada. I just ask for 5 extra bucks. I am a free market bat trader/seller

coolluvr4u1976

#1 bomb dropper

I sold my SCN9 in 09 :)~ to a guy in Canada....

Well at the time, i put insurance on the bat,,,, and the guy emails me saying he wasnt going to accept the bat.. cuz it was another 100$ or so for him to just get the bat cuz of the insurance.... So he sent the bat back to me,, and I had to Resend the bat..... so I was out like 50$ or so cuz I had to send the bat twice.....

I mean, i dont want to send a bat to someone without insurance.... cuz you know how well Team USPS / UPS is doing with all those bats...

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
it seems to come and go. there's been a couple cases of poor communication that have scared some ppl away lately. it's easier to ship locally, and the market in the states is large enough you usually don't end up making more money shipping internationally.

that being said, i think a lot of the FS posts with prices 'shipped to the lower 48' are still willing to ship to canada, hawaii, or alaska, but at added costs. it's no different than all the posts with a price 'paypal'd as gift or add fees'. sellers are just doing what they can to cover their own asses.

never hurts to ask unless they flat out say 'will not ship to canada'. in my experience is usually only a matter of 10bux or so

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
I sold my SCN9 in 09 :)~ to a guy in Canada....

Well at the time, i put insurance on the bat,,,, and the guy emails me saying he wasnt going to accept the bat.. cuz it was another 100$ or so for him to just get the bat cuz of the insurance.... So he sent the bat back to me,, and I had to Resend the bat..... so I was out like 50$ or so cuz I had to send the bat twice.....

I mean, i dont want to send a bat to someone without insurance.... cuz you know how well Team USPS / UPS is doing with all those bats...

you may find this interesting: http://www.sportsfreaksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57999

while the risk is higher than 0(what it is shipping locally) if the shipping is done correctly, MOST ppl are aware of the risk, and understand it's the buyers responsibility. duties should never be 100 bux unless it's a 500+ dollar bat. the most i've paid was 30 for a bat worth 250

qwertle8

Addicted to Softballfans
Shipping bats isn't too bad, fill out the customs form and it's around $5-10 more. Every now and then one will get held up for an extra week or two.

Balls though cut heavy into any margin. 4 dozen from Seattle, Wa to Tampa, FL was $31.80 and got there in 3 days. 4 dozen from Seattle to Toronto the post offfice wanted $62.90, went with UPS ground which was a little over $46 and took 8 days.