Nokona Glove - Hole Repair?

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
Curious what the experts here think...

I have a Nokona AMG650EXP that's in great, game-ready, shape except for some stretched out holes on the bottom of the hand area where the web lacing runs. It looks like two, and possibly three, holes there are stretching out. How would one go about trying to repair that, if it's even possible? I'm guessing some sort of patch glued-in underneath, though that would appear to require a near-complete disassembly of the glove.

I can relace a glove without too much trouble--anything beyond that is outside my wheelhouse. Seeing if this is a project I could take on, or just sell the glove as-is.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Take a 1/2" by 4" piece of thick leather (5-6 oz) and punch 3/16" holes in it to line up with all the holes across the bottom of the web (actually, you may want to take a 1" wide piece and trim it to follow the curve). Then just lace it back up through the new piece. No glue needed as you'll be lacing it in. You could even double it up to really make sure it won't stretch any more. I've done it on a few gloves and it works great.

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
Take a 1/2" by 4" piece of thick leather (5-6 oz) and punch 3/16" holes in it to line up with all the holes across the bottom of the web (actually, you may want to take a 1" wide piece and trim it to follow the curve). Then just lace it back up through the new piece. No glue needed as you'll be lacing it in. You could even double it up to really make sure it won't stretch any more. I've done it on a few gloves and it works great.
Yep, works like a charm