Nokona Kimera AMG 1150-MT info

12ax7

My Dad passed away last April, and my mom has been discovering some interesting purchases he made while going through his stuff. Being a life long baseball fan, he was no stranger to walking into a sporting goods store and buying a glove that he liked, putting it in the closet and never doing a thing with it.

We were over at her house tonight for Christmas and she dragged out a Nokona Kimera AMG 1150-MT for me to take home, new with tags. Also 4 Beatles vinyl LP's still in sealed in shrink wrap (ill figure those out in another forum) he was the king of buying and not using.

Anyway, I grew up in Texas but have never played with a Nokona glove and dont have any friends that do either. My question is: is it the norm for Nokona gloves to have felt padding in all fingers like this one has? I assume its to increase the rigidity due to the thinner kangaroo leather. The finger stalls have a very unique feeling very different to my a2000's and my Rawlings stuff. How do these break in, do the finger stalls waller in after a while?

Thanks
-Ross

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
These are really nice. All gloves have that padding in the fingers, but you can really feel it with the thin kangaroo leather. The palms on these were Horween oil tanned leather and ones that fit well are really nice. No need for conditioner, just play catch to break it in.

Last edited: