Buyer Beware nomar05 trade and sale

IDP

Part Time Player
so nomar05 pm'ed me on the 7th or 8th i believe asking me to text him because he was interested in trading for the Nike Fuel Band i had listed for sale/trade. after a few texts back and forth on the 8th letting me know what he had, on the 9th we agreed that i would trade him the Fuel Band and he would give me an Elite Bat Pack, RPN pants, and he would also throw in used 12.5in Rawlings glove. the bag was supposed to be in good shape and he did not say there was anything wrong with it. he first said the RPN pants were new but then changed that and said they had been worn once and washed. he said the Rawlings glove was used and maybe not the greatest but not that bad. he sent me 2 pics of the bag, 2 of the glove and 1 of the pants. in the pics the bag appears to be fine and it is holding 4 bats like it is supposed to. the pics of the glove show that it is used and flat but not completely terrible, and the pic of the pants makes them look clean and in good condition.

i told him i didn't really care for the glove but he kept asking if i wanted it so i said sure, go ahead and throw it in and maybe i can find a use for it, give it to a teammate or newbie player. we exchanged addresses and he told me her would ship out Fri the 9th, and i told him i would not be able to ship until Monday because i was out of the area at my brothers whose wife had just had a baby the day before. he said he was completely fine with that and was in no rush. Mon rolled around and i was back in town but it was a holiday, so i sent him a message letting him know that the post office was closed but that it would go out Tues. i printed out the label Mon night and sent him a pic of it so he would have the tracking number. i asked him for the tracking number for the stuff he mailed me but he said he didn't have it on him because he mailed it from work, but promised he would get it to me soon. i asked him if he knew what it said the estimated delivery date would be and he said Thurs the 16th.

next few days go by and i ask him each day, a couple times a day if he could please give me the tracking number. he had me thinking that he sent it USPS and i tell him if it was it would have arrived already from Mass if he did ship the past Fri, but the he switches and says he shipped UPS. each time he replied with an excuse or that he forgot to write it down etc but continued to say he would get it for me. on Wed the 15th i ask him again whats going on because it should have arrived already. when i shipped to him it said it would only be 2 days. but this time he says he will get me the tracking but he is now sure that they said it would arrive Mon. i call him out on his lie or contradiction, and he starts talking about how the holiday held it up and UPS made a mistake but that it would be there Mon.

the box finally arrives on Fri and i look at the shipping label and see that it was sent next day air overnight from the UMASS medical school. i'm like WTF?! i open it up and everything in it is complete garbage. the bag is filthy and has dirt and seeds in every single compartment, plus the little bungee things on both bat holders are missing making it impossible to hold the bats in place securely. the rawlings glove is a 12.25, not a 12.5, but more importantly it literally looks like it had been stolen out of a trash can, just dirty all over and completely flat/folded like a piese of paper. the pants that were supposed to be new and then changed to only worn once and washed, have dirt stains on them and holes. basically the entire package was garbage.

after some back and forth we finally agree to undo the deal and ship back the items. i tell him i'm not paying to ship the big bag of garbage back to him and that he needs to paypal me to cover the cost, but when i get the shipping estimate and it is $22, he says screw it he is not paying that much and that i should just keep the stuff and do whatever i want with it. i tell him i have no use for this trash and want him to take it back. i told him up front that i better get the fuel band back in the exact same like new condition that i sent it to him in, and he says all he did was try it on for 20sec and never even turned it on. after 3 days he finally ships the Nike Fuel Band back to me and when it arrived another 3 days later, i open up the box and see that the nike packaging has been torn up, one side completely torn off with a hole in it, and the front with a big tear in it. i open it up and the usb cable and accessories are just shoved in the box, the fuel band is completely dead with no juice to even turn on, and there are two scratches on it like he was wearing it and brushed up against a wall because one is on the power button and the other is next to the screen.

this crap is wayyy too long. i need to learn how to summarize better.

trip

stfu
tl;dr trade in place, items not as described and in real rough shape. deal undone in slow order. proceed with caution.

IDP

Part Time Player
so basically how can this guy make this right at this point? since the fuel band has been used and abused i doubt i could even sell it for half of what i listed it for. oh and in the middle of all this he bought a glove from me and somehow didn't realize he was pm'ing the same person. he did pay for the glove, but i told him i was going to hold off on shipping it until our first deal was complete/made right. i told him if he makes this right i will gladly ship him the glove asap or refund him what he paid for it. but he seems to think he has not done anything wrong in this entire time.

board bros, what should i do? or how can he make this right?

trip

stfu
i'd sell the fuel band and ask him to makeup the difference to make it right, if it were me.

Joker

refund him the money for the glove minus why he owes you for the band

probably why this assclown never puts up pics of what he's selling

IDP

Part Time Player
the thing is I'm not sure how much I can get for the fuel band in the condition its in. I paid $64 and change for it from amazon and had it listed on here for $60 shipped. The glove he bought was only $35. So being optimistic maybe I can get $30 for the fuel band as is, and in that case I'd only refund him $5 for the glove. That seems reasonable to me.

IDP

Part Time Player
My message to him about a solution:

I asked some people what the best thing to do in this situation would be and they said that I should sell the fuel band and then depending on how much it sells for, deduct the amount that I lost from your refund for the glove. So for example i think the fuel band is worth at least $60 cash...in the condition that it is in if i were to sell it for $30, then i would take $30 out of the refund for the glove. So after taking out $30 I'd refund you $5 for the glove. Make sense?
And his reply:

No not happenig I'm not giving u 30 dollars because the box is ripped u can ask who ever u want I will call PayPal tomorrow and just put a hold on the account till I get the glove or money I really can't beleive you just said 30 dollars and y would u sell the fuel band for only 30 I had 7 watchers on eBay already you have a box that ripped so your gonna take 40 dollars of your original sale price that Is crazy
Btw, he mentions eBay because he told me that he would list the fuel band on there for me because he said he could sell it for $130-150 or something ridiculous. So I told him sure, go right ahead with that. Only problem is he doesn't have any useful pictures of the item in its current condition, so I have no idea what he is using, and the second problem is that I told him that I had already looked at eBay before putting it on SBF for sale and the average selling price was about $60. There wasn't a single one sold in the past 2 months for more than $75, so where he is getting his numbers from I don't know.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Lameness. What a bunch of crap over <$100 worth of merch. Is all this through texts or PM's? If texts, can you post screen shots of the conversation? Hopefully by PM's...and post em if you got em.

IDP

Part Time Player
Lameness. What a bunch of crap over <$100 worth of merch. Is all this through texts or PM's? If texts, can you post screen shots of the conversation? Hopefully by PM's...and post em if you got em.

its pretty much all through text. i'll try to figure out a way to post the entire conversation, but in the meantime i think the pictures i took when it arrived today kinda speak for themselves.

IDP

Part Time Player
so these are the pictures of the nike fuel band from my sale listing:

WP_20140929_16_57_30_Pro_tn.jpg

WP_20140929_16_58_01_Pro_tn.jpg

WP_20140929_16_58_48_Pro_tn.jpg

and this is what i got in the mail today:

nomar05_7_tn.jpg

nomar05_3_tn.jpg

scratch on power button and next to screen (just past vertical lines on orange area)
WP_20141023_13_56_05_Pro_tn.jpg

WP_20141023_14_34_10_Pro_tn.jpg

WP_20141023_14_32_02_Pro_tn.jpg

nomar05_1_tn.jpg

IDP

Part Time Player
and those are the pants that were only worn once????

yep, at first he said they were new and then said worn once.

this is the picture of them that he sent me. in it i don't see any stains, so i guess he he worn them a bunch after taking this pic. or maybe this is the pic someone else sent him when he first got the pants. i dunno.

V_8048.jpg

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
Lol this guy sucks. He might have used the schools UPS account, and probably isn't supposed to be using it to sell used softball items. You might be able to get him in trouble for that. Either way he is a DB.

IDP

Part Time Player
update on this?

Sorry I've been tending to a couple injuries the past two weeks and forgot to update this. Basically he has still been in communication with me and said he would help me recoup my money by listing the fuel band on the bay as is. He supposedly sold it 4-5 days ago but he said that the buyer hasn't paid.

At this point it may as well be moved to a ngtg even if he does somehow sell it, because this has taken way too long and has been too much of a headache. And maybe I'll try selling his bag and stuff to get a couple bucks back.