Non Profit (501 C)

simpsonps121

Addicted to Softballfans
Any of your teams hold non-profit status? You need to be registered as a 501C... Trying to look into information...

Thanks!

Begs

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't think you can...I think you have to register as a not for profit because it is a sporting event...different than a non profit

Dirty sancho

Addicted to Softballfans
My sons football team is reg C501..but its treated as an orginization....three teams, we have fund raisers,have a bank Acct. Etc. Helps with. pricing from Nike and eastbay. What questions did u have

freelanceterry

Addicted to Softballfans
it would be a battle to become a 501(c)3...but you might be able to sneak in under a 501(c)7. Not quite as good (donors don't get to write it off) but it might open up a few things for you. My advice would be to pay for an agency to apply for you. I've done both...and paying for it done is totally worth it. Depending on your state's specific fees...it's going to be a little different - but a 501(c)3 including the fed ap, all the state aps and fees and for that agency to handle the follow-up (oh, and they guarantee approval btw) came to $1,004.

Big D

In the Batter's Box
and a 501c3 would have a yearly filing requirement with the state and federal government. you'd have to be getting a large chunk a change for it to be worth all that.