Noob question USA stamp?

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My next door neighbor has a daughter who is starting to play fastpitch. I think she's in 7th grade. My neighbor asked if I could help her find a bat and she said it has to be "USA stamped". I asked her if she meant USSSA? She said she thought it was USA. I know little league baseball is switching to a "USA baseball" bat standard. But does this apply to fastpitch softball? I am not finding anything online about USA stamped softball bats. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Joker

i am not finding USA stamped bats for fastpitch softball. does this mean ASA stamped bats will work? I just want to make sure i don't send her a link to an illegal bat. nahmean?
the stamps didn't change, just the name of the organization. just can't use the new stamp in fastpitch

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
are you trying to make this more confusing, or am i being an idiot here? so ASA stamped bats are gtg? or no? USSSA is out, right? i never played any ASA, so i dont know their stamp etiquette. i just want to know what stamps she can use, so i can refer the neighbor lady to a bat. and she'll probably bake me cookies or something as a reward.

tonys1

anything with the 2000 or 2004 ASA stamp

Ahhh, now I understand why the new FP Easton Ghost has the ASA 2004 stamp. Never paid attention to that in the past, it's when I saw one in person that I noticed the 2004 stamp.

Is it safe to assume that those bats are much more durable with harder balls than the new stamps found on slow pitch bats?

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
lots have the ASA stamp. i don't think there is such a thing as a USA stamp. that's where the confusion is. i was told it needed to have a USA stamp and i don't see jack squat with a USA stamp. but now i'm finding out that the new ASA stamp is no good, but the 2000 and 2004 ASA stamps are ok. this is some bull****.

arther itis

payin' to get paid
31 bats appear, but on the left side of the screen it says that 15 are approved for ASA (among other associations)

arther itis

payin' to get paid
you will also need to find a fastpitch bat with the length/weight that this student feels comfortable swinging

Joker

lots have the ASA stamp. i don't think there is such a thing as a USA stamp. that's where the confusion is. i was told it needed to have a USA stamp and i don't see jack squat with a USA stamp. but now i'm finding out that the new ASA stamp is no good, but the 2000 and 2004 ASA stamps are ok. this is some bull****.
the new stamp was only put on slowpitch bats

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ahhh. i been out of the game for a while now. going on 3rd year of not playing. thanks for info fellas.