normal tracking?

Pdpwally

Coach
IMG_1567_zps259f4c66.jpg

IMG_1568_zps86555293.jpg

This happened after 75 cuts in a temp controlled bp tunnel (pitch to yourself) should i be concerned?

sleepin4matty

Management Material
I've put about 500 of the same ball through my bad qc Z with absolutely NO issues... I fail to see the issue with trying to break the bat in w/o using illegal techniques such as rolling or shaving.

If the bat isn't made to hit those balls it's going to break prematurely. One hit with stadium balls could be doing a lot more damage to your bat than you want it to do that quickly......

Pdpwally

Coach
If the bat isn't made to hit those balls it's going to break prematurely. One hit with stadium balls could be doing a lot more damage to your bat than you want it to do that quickly......

I guess then stadiums, Ultimates and Launches are un-hittable then

sleepin4matty

Management Material
I guess then stadiums, Ultimates and Launches are un-hittable then

the new bats are meant for 52/300 or 44/375 balls and are for the most part "hot" out of the wrapper. The days of needing 5000 swings before a bat is game ready are over. You shouldn't "need" to use those kind of balls to break in the newer bats

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I still need to use those balls to break in my Wanteds.

My portent tracked like that in about 50 swings and was still going strong over 500 swings later. I wouldn't worry at all.

MaMaLuLu

Addicted to Softballfans
I think it's normal for this bat. Not 100% sure but I think this one has discs in it. If it does, don't bother too much breaking it in because when you hit it on the screws you can feel the barrel touching the disc. Imo after 100-150 balls they won't increase performance that much anymore.

Fuzz

Extra Hitter
Combat rookie. Let me take some pics of my avarice looks like cracks on all sides.

These marks are letting you know you heading toward the promise land

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My teammates og avarice has several of those and is still crushing hundreds of hits later. Same with another friends wanted and avarice g2. Not sure about the cg 275 tho

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it's normal for this bat. Not 100% sure but I think this one has discs in it. If it does, don't bother too much breaking it in because when you hit it on the screws you can feel the barrel touching the disc. Imo after 100-150 balls they won't increase performance that much anymore.

I don't know about this bat in particular, but this isn't true of the disc bats at all. My Wanted didn't even start warming up until 400 or so hits, and it just got nastier and nastier until the disc broke loose between 1300-1500.

Fuzz

Extra Hitter
This is my main gamer 500-600 hits I guess. Bat is beyond dirty so I hope you can see them clearly. There's more, but these are some examples.