North Carolina Utrip/NSA/ISA/ASA

#2 @ infield

Addicted to Softballfans
I played ISA for the 1st time sat and as of just what i seen for one tourney i would ISA. NSA and Utrip are both terrible about making teams play where they belong. Good luck in any of them really but I think we are going to start playing alot of ISA got alot of the same rules that Utrip has and you can steel bases' not like that helps me lol.

Stretch19

Grow up
I played ISA for the 1st time sat and as of just what i seen for one tourney i would ISA. NSA and Utrip are both terrible about making teams play where they belong. Good luck in any of them really but I think we are going to start playing alot of ISA got alot of the same rules that Utrip has and you can steel bases' not like that helps me lol.

nsa is definitely the best in NC about making teams bump up...b&k is a legit C NSA team but was playing USSSA E a month ago...dalcom/sandman flooring is a legit C team but plays ISA D, along with b&k...

hell, ISA added teams that were in the NSA tourney saturday that got rained out to their tournament after the rain delay. a couple guys from our team went and played with ISA teams after the NSA tourney was canceled and the week before, a C NSA player was named the ISA E tournament MVP, come on now...

Stretch19

Grow up
i would say utrip

usssa is where all the teams that get bumped from NSA go to play so they can play down...look at some of the whos playing in the USSSA big tournaments and then look at the same whos playing lists in NSA tourneys and they arent going to match up. usssa has 250+ E teams playing in the eastern worlds in FL every year, something aint right about that

djcs1204

King Jackie!!!
nsa is definitely the best in NC about making teams bump up...b&k is a legit C NSA team but was playing USSSA E a month ago...dalcom/sandman flooring is a legit C team but plays ISA D, along with b&k...

hell, ISA added teams that were in the NSA tourney saturday that got rained out to their tournament after the rain delay. a couple guys from our team went and played with ISA teams after the NSA tourney was canceled and the week before, a C NSA player was named the ISA E tournament MVP, come on now...

The reason an NSA C player can play E in ISA is the fact that he would be an ISA D player originally. I am telling ya, the competition in ISA is stronger than in other sanctions. At least it is in Western NC. You chould come to Cherokee and play some of the teams there. BooKoo, Carolina Impact, Speed Shop Softball, heck, even Team Evercast when we had everyone there. ISA is a completely different animal. Don't have to put the ball on a tee everytime to get a strike. And the HR rule, is kinda rough when you are Offensively Ejected for hitting a hr. I understand giving up runs sucks, but imiagine having bases loaded, 2 outs, and the batter before you hits a warning track homer with you down 2..... and your spot is offensively ejected. BALL GAME. That would suck.

Stretch19

Grow up
The reason an NSA C player can play E in ISA is the fact that he would be an ISA D player originally. I am telling ya, the competition in ISA is stronger than in other sanctions. At least it is in Western NC. You chould come to Cherokee and play some of the teams there. BooKoo, Carolina Impact, Speed Shop Softball, heck, even Team Evercast when we had everyone there. ISA is a completely different animal. Don't have to put the ball on a tee everytime to get a strike. And the HR rule, is kinda rough when you are Offensively Ejected for hitting a hr. I understand giving up runs sucks, but imiagine having bases loaded, 2 outs, and the batter before you hits a warning track homer with you down 2..... and your spot is offensively ejected. BALL GAME. That would suck.

the NSA C team that he played on last year would have competed with if not beaten the majority of ISA D teams in the western part of the state, im sure of that...they finished 4th at the USSSA D worlds last year, but thats irrelevant.

i realized ISA is a much better association in the western part of the state, the tournaments at cherokee are not only well ran but packed full of good competition from western nc, ga, and tn teams...i was speaking about ISA in our area, which is in its infancy and has a director that is in his first year directing anything. in the middle part of the state, NSA has the most regulated classes i think...when teams get bumped from NSA, they go play USSSA mainly for a year, then come back to NSA when they can drop back down. i think there still needs to be more NSA teams bumped, from D to C so that the C class tourneys actually make on a week to week basis, but since these teams are able to play E and D elsewhere, they do

the ISA HR rules are more strict i agree...i dont mind giving up a run or 2 (or 6 like we did in burlington to yall) but IE and OE would really suck!

djcs1204

King Jackie!!!
the NSA C team that he played on last year would have competed with if not beaten the majority of ISA D teams in the western part of the state, im sure of that...they finished 4th at the USSSA D worlds last year, but thats irrelevant.

i realized ISA is a much better association in the western part of the state, the tournaments at cherokee are not only well ran but packed full of good competition from western nc, ga, and tn teams...i was speaking about ISA in our area, which is in its infancy and has a director that is in his first year directing anything. in the middle part of the state, NSA has the most regulated classes i think...when teams get bumped from NSA, they go play USSSA mainly for a year, then come back to NSA when they can drop back down. i think there still needs to be more NSA teams bumped, from D to C so that the C class tourneys actually make on a week to week basis, but since these teams are able to play E and D elsewhere, they do

the ISA HR rules are more strict i agree...i dont mind giving up a run or 2 (or 6 like we did in burlington to yall) but IE and OE would really suck!

Ok, when put like this I totally agree. I was kinda hoping you wouldn't get mad at my post. I mean, all I have seen this year have been teams from over here on the western end. Last year, the Carolina Artisans played ISA D and also WON NSA C Super Worlds in Rock Hill SC. They are about as strong a team as I have seen from around here. Like G&K/205 ink or Scott's Lawn Care. They are extremely strong as well. I wish more teams would get bumped in all associations, but you know how that goes. Quality Softball is an NSA/USSSA D team that is being very successful right now, but just based on the competition that I have seen here they should be a strong E team in ISA. ISA in your part of the state will grow, and you will love it. It, to me, is the most fun softball out there. A good .44/375 ball with alot of the rules that Utrip has as far as pitching with the fakes, 4 ft arc, and all that as well as the ball always being live. I love it.

Stretch19

Grow up
Ok, when put like this I totally agree. I was kinda hoping you wouldn't get mad at my post. I mean, all I have seen this year have been teams from over here on the western end. Last year, the Carolina Artisans played ISA D and also WON NSA C Super Worlds in Rock Hill SC. They are about as strong a team as I have seen from around here. Like G&K/205 ink or Scott's Lawn Care. They are extremely strong as well. I wish more teams would get bumped in all associations, but you know how that goes. Quality Softball is an NSA/USSSA D team that is being very successful right now, but just based on the competition that I have seen here they should be a strong E team in ISA. ISA in your part of the state will grow, and you will love it. It, to me, is the most fun softball out there. A good .44/375 ball with alot of the rules that Utrip has as far as pitching with the fakes, 4 ft arc, and all that as well as the ball always being live. I love it.

i agree with you...there is some good ball in your neck of the woods...the team i was talking about with the C player who was the E tourney mvp here in ISA smashed the artisans in myrtle last year when i was down for a D NIT :D...the artisans did have a good team though and were a good bunch of guys though...dont forget a buchanan stone, they won the NSA Super D and were from up yalls way, right? they had a damn good hitting team would judy, judy judy and then bang one off the chain at will...

we havent played any of the ISA here cause of the director mainly..he sponsored us a couple years ago in NSA and we had a strong team...he decided as of august that he was going to sponsor a D team the following year and didnt want to put any more money into our E team that had already qualified for worlds/super worlds so he and the coach (who you play with now) left with 2 other guys, 2 weeks before the eastern worlds. thats kinda left a bad taste in my mouth to be honest...

djcs1204

King Jackie!!!
Which coach are you talking about? Chris? And yeah, Buchannon Stone is NASTY... or at least they were that year. Now, half of them play with Collision and are struggling back down in E. You guys should really come over this way and play some ISA. It is an extremely fun experience.

Stretch19

Grow up
Which coach are you talking about? Chris? And yeah, Buchannon Stone is NASTY... or at least they were that year. Now, half of them play with Collision and are struggling back down in E. You guys should really come over this way and play some ISA. It is an extremely fun experience.

haha, yeah thats the one...he got me playing softball a couple years ago. i met one of his buddies at the bank i worked at a year or so out of college...his buddy told me they were looking for some players so i ended up getting on with them. we werent real good the first year, but then my boy and i got some buddies from GSO and became fairly competitive in NSA E our 2nd year...then he made the mistake of going with the sponsor and got cut from the team the sponsor started and basically didnt play at all last year.

if we got any kind of sponsorship money we probably would make the trip your way and play some ISA, but when everyone is coming out of pocket to play and then you put gas and hotel on top of that, it gets to be a lot for a bunch of young guys like us...the majority of our team is under 27 and not exactly rolling in dough. we are only playing in the NSA directors cup tourneys this year in an attempt to win it again and get some $$$ back

djcs1204

King Jackie!!!
Hey, I totally understand that. We were travelling all over out of pocket to at the first of the year. Evercast had their shirts paid for, that was it. I was the oldest one on the team (26) and to be honest we were alot better than we should have been haha. It seems like the guys we are playing with now are an overall ok group of guys, and they have alot of heart. They haven't laid down yet when behind, and will compete until the end of the game no matter what. I like that. I am sorry how things went down with you guys, and can see where that would leave a bad taste in your mouth. It is all a part of softball though.

Stretch19

Grow up
Hey, I totally understand that. We were travelling all over out of pocket to at the first of the year. Evercast had their shirts paid for, that was it. I was the oldest one on the team (26) and to be honest we were alot better than we should have been haha. It seems like the guys we are playing with now are an overall ok group of guys, and they have alot of heart. They haven't laid down yet when behind, and will compete until the end of the game no matter what. I like that. I am sorry how things went down with you guys, and can see where that would leave a bad taste in your mouth. It is all a part of softball though.

yeah you are right, we've moved on and have a good group of guys that i enjoy being around...i hate i got stuck coaching/running the team, but someone had to do it...we are fairly competitive each weekend and have a good time while doing it so cant really go wrong. i dont know anyone else on the team but the one i mentioned...i spoke with bill briefly at the beginning of the year about sponsoring us...he seems like a real good guy but the timing wasnt right. i speak to him when i see him and wish him the best in his new venture with yall...were you in GSO this past weekend to enjoy the monsoon?

djcs1204

King Jackie!!!
yeah you are right, we've moved on and have a good group of guys that i enjoy being around...i hate i got stuck coaching/running the team, but someone had to do it...we are fairly competitive each weekend and have a good time while doing it so cant really go wrong. i dont know anyone else on the team but the one i mentioned...i spoke with bill briefly at the beginning of the year about sponsoring us...he seems like a real good guy but the timing wasnt right. i speak to him when i see him and wish him the best in his new venture with yall...were you in GSO this past weekend to enjoy the monsoon?

OMG!!!! It was crazy. We got one pitch thrown in our game, and then the bottom fell out. It was crazy. I mean, I felt like I was in the movie Forrest Gump with the rain raining sideways, big drops, little drops, stinging rain, even rain coming up lol. It was terrible.

Stretch19

Grow up
OMG!!!! It was crazy. We got one pitch thrown in our game, and then the bottom fell out. It was crazy. I mean, I felt like I was in the movie Forrest Gump with the rain raining sideways, big drops, little drops, stinging rain, even rain coming up lol. It was terrible.

hahahah...yeah man, we started right at 10 so we got through the first 2 innings and had just started the 3rd...had 1 out a guy just got on and i was on deck and a bolt of lightning came down and you could hear it cracklin all the way down...think that kinda scared the umps and they got us off the field...we thought we would just wait it out in the dugout, til that **** started coming in sideways hahaha

djcs1204

King Jackie!!!
hahahah...yeah man, we started right at 10 so we got through the first 2 innings and had just started the 3rd...had 1 out a guy just got on and i was on deck and a bolt of lightning came down and you could hear it cracklin all the way down...think that kinda scared the umps and they got us off the field...we thought we would just wait it out in the dugout, til that **** started coming in sideways hahaha

We thought the same thing. Then our tent got cut two flips, and the wreckage from the winds looked like New Orleans after Katrina. It was horrible. I thought it was funny when the bolt of lightning hit and it iknocked the power out at the fields. That was great.

AL2424

Addicted to Softballfans
sandbagging in every class at the end of the year, hard to stop.

NSA is best about classes.
ISA in NC has limited number of teams and puts them where they need to be, sometimes they may only have two classes though.
USSSA it seems always has ways of letting teams in their tournaments. Heck we won the USSSA D State two out of three years, although the teams were legally different.

Rogue9

Man of Mayhem
A lot of it really depends on what part of the state you live in, at it seems to be really segmented, with each association having a stranglehold on certain areas.

In the west, ISA is king,

In the central part of the state, NSA has practically taken over.

From Raleigh eastward, U-trip pretty much dominates,

And the south eastern part of the state, Southern (SSAA) is king.

From what I know, NSA truly is the best at classifying teams, and to me is the best all-around association, I wish we had more NSA down in the eastern part of the state personally.

U-trip has gotten better this year with the new home run rules, but there is still a ton of sand-bagging, as any team who has played B&K Softball in a Utrip E tourny would attest to.

Southern down this way is a joke the way it's ran, unless the tourny is at Peter's Creek, Southern's home complex. They put on some decent tournies, but they also do a crappy job of classifying teams, due to no online rosters and things of that nature.

Stretch19

Grow up
A lot of it really depends on what part of the state you live in, at it seems to be really segmented, with each association having a stranglehold on certain areas.

In the west, ISA is king,

In the central part of the state, NSA has practically taken over.

From Raleigh eastward, U-trip pretty much dominates,

And the south eastern part of the state, Southern (SSAA) is king.

From what I know, NSA truly is the best at classifying teams, and to me is the best all-around association, I wish we had more NSA down in the eastern part of the state personally.

U-trip has gotten better this year with the new home run rules, but there is still a ton of sand-bagging, as any team who has played B&K Softball in a Utrip E tourny would attest to.

Southern down this way is a joke the way it's ran, unless the tourny is at Peter's Creek, Southern's home complex. They put on some decent tournies, but they also do a crappy job of classifying teams, due to no online rosters and things of that nature.

haha, yeah i had to laugh when i saw they played E...there was a big hoopla couple weekends ago at an NSA tourney when one of their guys hit a pitcher and wouldnt give up the bat...he got the boot for 2 years i hear

tnichols

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah I have to agree with Stretch - NSA does a really good job at classifying the teams - honestly the only times I have really seen blowouts is when people just throw together a softball team - thinking oh it's just slow pitch softball how hard could it be then go home with a 36 - 2 loss. Mike Poe and all his group of guys do a great job. And if you think NC is bad - try coming up to VA... they pretty much just don't care up here unfortunately. You'll see paid players up here in an "E" touney in any sanction. We played last year in a tourney and called the director and told him the team we were getting ready to play had 4 "A" class people on it and knew they were "A" class people because they were from our area and knew them personally. Told them we didn't want anyone getting hurt. He basically told us that we could forfeit if we wanted to, so we played them and sure enough our 1st basemen got hit square in the mouth. They rolled through every team and won the whole tourney ofcourse. The worst of it is that the director was at another feild and drove over to watch our game because he knew the guys and watched the game from their dugout joking around with them!!!

tnichols

Addicted to Softballfans
Kind of off topic - Stretch - what do you think they will end up doing with the state tourney? I know if they let other teams in it they will start it over - because how else could you do it... I was told that they would have to freeze the brackets and start where we left off, but honestly - we aren't that lucky :D

devo12

Addicted to Softballfans
speed shop softball!! thats me lol any of you guys going to be in cherokee this weekend??

devo12

Addicted to Softballfans
We can't be sand bagging! We haven't even won a tourney over there lol I hear its pretty loaded this weekend out there should be fun!