North Dakota Summer Thread - Hope that winter BP paid off! Part 2(2015)

kf16

Addicted to Softballfans
Right now I have around 18 teams signed for the various divisions. The top division has 7 in it. I have been taking a lot of phone calls but not receiving a lot checks. I have the list at home. I will try and post it sometime tomorrow.

Checks? You dont take credit cards? ;)

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
Well Fargo tourney was a success. Didn't play as good as I wanted but had fun. Good to catch up with friends and play in a new division

M

MJL 00

Good to hear Jason, was nice for bp Saturday. Sounds like a windy week OF COURSE... first team bp tonight, should be interesting...

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
So who was all in the upper/open at the tourney this past Saturday? And who won curious to know.

thx MB:cool:

cuban

Addicted to Softballfans
Only four teams, BWW won a game against the grand forks team and i dont really know the other two teams. The box and somebody else??? I can only speak for the grand forks team being a newish rebuilt team good eye opening experience for a lot of guys, and a few issues for most playing a five man for the first, second or third time ever. But first tournament of the year was good to get out of the way and well its ND so people gotta get used to hitting in the wind.

Chad i can fill you in on a few other things i noticed later.

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
The box, Hairhouse, BWW, and Rounding Third (GF AFB team). It was a 3 game only tourney. So everyone played each other. I believe The Box and Hairhouse finished tied with 2W-1L, BWW 1-2, Rounding Third 0-3

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Only four teams, BWW won a game against the grand forks team and i dont really know the other two teams. The box and somebody else??? I can only speak for the grand forks team being a newish rebuilt team good eye opening experience for a lot of guys, and a few issues for most playing a five man for the first, second or third time ever. But first tournament of the year was good to get out of the way and well its ND so people gotta get used to hitting in the wind.

Chad i can fill you in on a few other things i noticed later.

Sounds good bud talk soon! Only 3 weeks till we make that first trip down can't wait!

MB:cool:

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
Another good showing from a GF team. Maybe they can try and win one this weekend.

Since you are new to the forums, you should introduce yourself and who you play for so the rest of us board bros can enjoy a cold one with ya. What ya say? :beerchug:

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
It was a fun tournament to finally get out there even though it was windy all day. The GF team got unlucky and had to play into the wind the whole day between their two fields. You guys always had a good attitude during the tournament so no one should be hating on you at all. This weekend coming up and the next two tournies in F-M area with Moorhead and the two dayer in Fargo should be fun tournaments for everyone.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
So The Box team is it the same Box team as last year? I mean the class C Box team?

And yep Nick I cant wait for Moorhead and Fargo 2 day tourneys will be a great time as always.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
The Box team is really just 3 guys from the C Box team that played regularly and then Chris Torkildson who ran the team but looks to play more this year from what I have heard but Chris is classified D+ so they are a D team just with similar sponsors as last year with one new added one I believe.

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
So The Box team is it the same Box team as last year? I mean the class C Box team?

And yep Nick I cant wait for Moorhead and Fargo 2 day tourneys will be a great time as always.

Yeah last years Box team doesn't exist anymore, they disbanded so their players are kind of spread out among a few other teams. Was sad to see but hey, made my team better so i'm ok with it, ha.

knucksie

Extra Hitter
You are right, I am a "newb" on here, and yes, I do play in the open divisions. I think its funny that Grand Forks teams still try and compete with Fargo teams. Stay up there and play in your little town with your ****ty tourneys. RMI, Rumors, Ground Round are all over rated.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
You are right, I am a "newb" on here, and yes, I do play in the open divisions. I think its funny that Grand Forks teams still try and compete with Fargo teams. Stay up there and play in your little town with your ****ty tourneys. RMI, Rumors, Ground Round are all over rated.

Then do me a favor next time you play my team introduce yourself its nice to put a face to the name. I don't expect you to do so as it seems your just a keyboard cowboy so have a good summer playing in the open without anyone knowing who you really are. lol :rolleyes:

MB, Chad, Gravel Road #11 see I'm not shy about it and everyone around the North Dakota circuit knows me and most of the others who post on here as well.

M

MJL 00

Looks like another NSS superstar, welcome aboard the SBF train. Cool too have another open division player here to let us old rec players where the bear s**ts in the woods.

Mike Loerch #00 That Wax.com/Dakota Life Chiro-Mandan-rec 2/old pro and loving it...

:yawn:

Baconeater10

Extra Hitter
Overrated? Where is the rating system? RMI and Ground Round had decent track records against Fargo teams last year if I recall.. Good luck Saturday.

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter

Most of us that play ball in Fargo at any level have no problems with GF teams not named Rumors Hashers (who are not a team anymore) and actually wish more of them would travel up here for the Fargo tournaments. If we keep telling teams to "stay in your town" then we'll end up playing in tournaments that are just glorified league tourneys. That sounds like fun. Bring as many GF, Minot, Bismarck teams as possible to Fargo, I'm happy to play them all.

Dennis Britton #23 Men's Hair House/The Box/MiddleMiddleBomb

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
^^^^ Agreed! Really looking forward to the competition Saturday. Knock some rust off and hopefully earn a few points in the tourney series. Oh, and drink a few beers of course. :)

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Overrated? Where is the rating system? RMI and Ground Round had decent track records against Fargo teams last year if I recall.. Good luck Saturday.

The rating system is on NSS. ;) I miss those threads, actually. Does that place still exist?

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
Most of us that play ball in Fargo at any level have no problems with GF teams not named Rumors Hashers (who are not a team anymore) and actually wish more of them would travel up here for the Fargo tournaments. If we keep telling teams to "stay in your town" then we'll end up playing in tournaments that are just glorified league tourneys. That sounds like fun. Bring as many GF, Minot, Bismarck teams as possible to Fargo, I'm happy to play them all.

Dennis Britton #23 Men's Hair House/The Box/MiddleMiddleBomb

You said it best Dennis! Not sure why people's egos get in the way of a girl game guys take serious. Playing in glorified league tournaments are no fun. Look forward to Fargo this weekend. Hopefully I have a better showing then last time. Lol.

37_int

Coach
Sounds like the teams lined up for the 18 so far are:

1. 3X Gear/The Box
  2. Men's Hair House/MMB/The Box
  3. Ground Round
  4. Some of the Heartland Guys

Sam or Nick can you confirm any additional teams?

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
There's another GF team coming down. The GFAFB team. They played last weekend in Fargo as well.