North Dakota Summer Thread - Hope that winter BP paid off! Part 2(2015)

poalrisxltsp

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow 26 teams for Rec 1/2 this weekend in Fargo. Looks like a lot of decent teams. Stay out of the losers bracket!! Any predictions for this?

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah, we had quite the pillow fight going yesterday, didn't we?! HAHA....safe to assume that both teams didn't play their best game, that's for sure. Look forward to seeing you guys again this summer.

As far as the single elim tourney goes, all I was told earlier in the week, was that there was "discussion" on it, but that's as far as it ever got.

It is nice to know ahead of time what you are getting into that is for sure. I like to the single elim after the RR like they have done in the past and H&H did this year, but can't always do that with tourney costs, fields, and umpires.

Congrats QC on the win. Stark nice Jersey.

bstark28

Starting Player
It is nice to know ahead of time what you are getting into that is for sure. I like to the single elim after the RR like they have done in the past and H&H did this year, but can't always do that with tourney costs, fields, and umpires.

Congrats QC on the win. Stark nice Jersey.

Thanks buddy....one bad swing on the weekend and, well, a picture is worth a thousand words. :)

Jim_Chimney

I don't know; Jake's predictions were close but the actual BWW finish went as follows from what I saw. Apparently RMI lost a squeaker in their last game~

1. Quality (4-1)
2. Anarchy (4-1)
3. Rumors (3-2)
4. RMI (2-3)
5. Ground Round (2-3)
6. First class (0-5)

Can't wait to see how things go at the Michelob!

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
Predictions for this weekend (D and C only as I don't know many of the rec teams)

C:
1: Tryon
2: Heartland
3: 3X
4: MMB
5: Dvorak Motors
6: Randall's
7: Corral Bar
8: Eide Chrysler
9: RMI
10: Dodgers

Honestly I believe that Tryon (won C Corky's, just took 3rd in the Open at shakopee) will stop Heartland's streak at Mich Golden. After that I think 2-7 really depends on how the brackets play out.

Class D:
1: Inge's Pub
2: Rhombus Guys
3: Pioneer Bar/Circus Bar
4: Corral Bar
5: Berger Chiro
6: DMVW
etc.

kf16

Addicted to Softballfans
Mich Golden guessing game....
Open- 1- Tryon 2- Heartland 3-3x 4-Corral
D- 1- Inges Pub 2-Berger 3-DMVW 4-Rhombus
1/2- 1-IES 2-Bowler 3-Rampage 4-****son Law

Bormann9

The umpiring in Shakopee this year was the worst I have ever seen it. Not only were a few calls blown in our games I witnessed several blown calls in all the games I watched. It's easy to pick on the umpires in any defeat... But they were bad. I'm not saying that is the sole reason we lost - I'm blaming that on field 1... I've never won on field 1 - our pitcher was stung in the head by a bee mid-game, our gloves don't function on diamond one... Love Shako but hate that diamond!

NDSoftball

Addicted to Softballfans
Fargo Picks

Open: When everyone starts to count Heartland out, they will win
1. Heartland
2. Tryon
3. 3X
4. Mmb

D:
1. Inges
2. Circus Bar
3. Woodys
4. Rock Point
5/6. Corral
5/6 Dmvw

Rec 1/2
1 IES
2 Hazardous
3 Proz
4 ****son law
5/6 Bowler
5/6 Blarney Stone

WreckND

Heard Shako didn't go to well for the North Dakota teams, outside of The Box getting beat early and making a solid push into Sunday the three other teams were less than impressive.

Congrats to Quality Concrete/Randalls up in Grand Forks now that they've won the JV tournament lets see what they have this weekend.

So does the box pay you for your over the pants HJ's?

Know a team here on the Rez that could use a pregame fluffer.

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
The umpiring in Shakopee this year was the worst I have ever seen it. Not only were a few calls blown in our games I witnessed several blown calls in all the games I watched. It's easy to pick on the umpires in any defeat... But they were bad. I'm not saying that is the sole reason we lost - I'm blaming that on field 1... I've never won on field 1 - our pitcher was stung in the head by a bee mid-game, our gloves don't function on diamond one... Love Shako but hate that diamond!

I agree with you on this. On field 3 you had the same guy as us and that guy was awful. Blew two calls that cost us runs, one in the 7th that would have given us a bigger cushion, and his strike zone was stupid bad. Struck Brueske out on a pitch that was 18 feet high and it got to the point where if it was going to land over the plate, no matter how high, you needed to swing at it to give yourself a chance. Either way it was a fun weekend and i hope I get to do it again next year (hopefully with a full squad for once, lol).

bstark28

Starting Player
Predictions for this weekend (D and C only as I don't know many of the rec teams)

C:
1: Tryon
2: Heartland
3: 3X
4: MMB
5: Dvorak Motors
6: Randall's
7: Corral Bar
8: Eide Chrysler
9: RMI
10: Dodgers

Honestly I believe that Tryon (won C Corky's, just took 3rd in the Open at shakopee) will stop Heartland's streak at Mich Golden. After that I think 2-7 really depends on how the brackets play out.

Class D:
1: Inge's Pub
2: Rhombus Guys
3: Pioneer Bar/Circus Bar
4: Corral Bar
5: Berger Chiro
6: DMVW
etc.

I'm with you Dennis, regarding Tryon, off to a hot start, for sure. I'm going with the following for the Open, since I'm not sure about the D teams anymore.

1) Tryon
2) Heartland
3) 3X
4) QC/Randall's
5) MMB
6) Corral
7) Dvorak
8) Eide
9) RMI
10) Dodgers

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Ok I'll throw in my predictions also. Really wish we could have made the trip to this one. Good luck to all competing hope the weather is great for you guys!

1. Heartland
2. Tryon
3. The Box
4. MMB
5. Randall's
6. RMI
7. Corral
8. Dvorak
9. Eide
10. Dodgers

ndsoftballstar

Part Time Player
BigCat, does that mean you're done saying things like this: "I might retire because I don't want to be in a world where ndsoftballstar's rec 3 team is the dominant team in Fargo."

What brought on this change?

sk31

Unicorn tags for days
I'm not sure how it was advertised for sure, I know Inges had played in the D a couple weeks prior in Mandan assuming they are a D team still... but then having 2 players on a B roster making them C. Either way, there looks to be 4 C teams in this bracket and Inges finished higher than all of them so where do we stop the sand bagging? Sickies, Muligans and ourselves get bumped, but a team like ****inson IES and Inges get to remain D or drop down to Rec 1?

- Inge's submitted a weekend roster. They used 2 of their 3 available B spots on Andrew Seeberg (rostered on a B team, C in the database) and Cody Erhardt (rostered on a B team, D in the database.) The rest of their roster was comprised of Inge's players. I classified this roster as C for the tournament, in accordance with our regular season roster rules. Other tournament directors may interpret that ruling differently, and that's fine. (Gullie, just go ahead and stop typing, and then hold down the backspace button. TY in advance.)

- Inge's will be bumped to C as soon as they win something that forces them to be bumped to C. Don't fall into the trap of assuming that we bump sponsors. We don't -- we bump rosters. The Inge's Pub that did well at D Nats and got bumped to C in 2015 immediately broke up. Three of those players took their shiny new C cards (and the sponsor) and started a new Inge's Pub team, with D players. This is legal. You're allowed to have three C players on a D team, and you're also allowed to take three players from one team and start a new team without inheriting the old team's classification. If they had tried to take four players, they would have had to be C. Right or wrong, they played by the rules and followed them closely when comprising their roster. Call it sandbagging if you want, but if they had performed as well last year as Sickies, Tainted/Eide, or Mulligans, they would have been bumped as well. It's not like we're out here pulling names out of hats.

- Same thing goes for D-ckinson IES. They didn't drop down to Rec 1. Three of their D players took the sponsor and made a new team, with rec players. So they're Rec 1. The rest of their Dzers either personally appealed their classifications or disbanded. Again, I think people get confused when they see one or two familiar faces, or see a similar sponsor name, in an unfamiliar division. There's a lot more to it than that.

I gotta come around here more often.

ndsoftballstar

Part Time Player
sk31, Your post was well written, reasoned and you even spelled D-ckinson without it having those stupid **** in the name of the town. This was boring as all he-ll. BigCat has a tiny pecker and I heard their 3rd baseman hasn't got a hit in weeks.

sendit69

- Inge's submitted a weekend roster. They used 2 of their 3 available B spots on Andrew Seeberg (rostered on a B team, C in the database) and Cody Erhardt (rostered on a B team, D in the database.) The rest of their roster was comprised of Inge's players. I classified this roster as C for the tournament, in accordance with our regular season roster rules. Other tournament directors may interpret that ruling differently, and that's fine. (Gullie, just go ahead and stop typing, and then hold down the backspace button. TY in advance.)

- Inge's will be bumped to C as soon as they win something that forces them to be bumped to C. Don't fall into the trap of assuming that we bump sponsors. We don't -- we bump rosters. The Inge's Pub that did well at D Nats and got bumped to C in 2015 immediately broke up. Three of those players took their shiny new C cards (and the sponsor) and started a new Inge's Pub team, with D players. This is legal. You're allowed to have three C players on a D team, and you're also allowed to take three players from one team and start a new team without inheriting the old team's classification. If they had tried to take four players, they would have had to be C. Right or wrong, they played by the rules and followed them closely when comprising their roster. Call it sandbagging if you want, but if they had performed as well last year as Sickies, Tainted/Eide, or Mulligans, they would have been bumped as well. It's not like we're out here pulling names out of hats.

- Same thing goes for D-ckinson IES. They didn't drop down to Rec 1. Three of their D players took the sponsor and made a new team, with rec players. So they're Rec 1. The rest of their Dzers either personally appealed their classifications or disbanded. Again, I think people get confused when they see one or two familiar faces, or see a similar sponsor name, in an unfamiliar division. There's a lot more to it than that.

My guess is you still cheated.

GrizzlyPlease

The Rookie

But there are 4 players from that inges team that did well at nats that are on the current team that aren't named seeburg and erhardt

sendit69

Rumor has it there were some shenanigans going down at league last night..... guys a couple diamonds over were complaining about the pitcher not pitching from the rubber so they recorded it and brought it to the main umpire shack.... IMPRESSIVE

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
Rumor has it there were some shenanigans going down at league last night..... guys a couple diamonds over were complaining about the pitcher not pitching from the rubber so they recorded it and brought it to the main umpire shack.... IMPRESSIVE
What was the goal of video taping and bringing it to the umpire shack? Are we going to start having video instant replay at slow pitch softball games soon?