North Dakota Summer Thread - Hope that winter BP paid off! Part 2(2015)

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Whats the word on the anarchy bats? Hot AF? Garbage?

I need to know

The Anarchy bats are as hot as anything on top of the ASA market. I offered many guys this weekend to try them. Even had a guy drop his regular stick in the middle of the game walk over and grab one off our bench and give it a try. My team had zero issues hitting as far or as hard as any other team in the tourney swinging other products. But as I've always said it will come down to a feel thing. Most of the companies make a bat that is right at the legal limit so pick your poison so to speak.

Great tourney as always we love coming down there. Hats off to Herds and Horns you guys played great all weekend. We had a couple great games against The Box always enjoy playing those guys. We came out a bit flat in the semi game and you guys just kept slowly moving forward. Good job boys!

Thanks to all who came over to discuss the bats or just softball in general with me I enjoy those talks.

See ya next time

Chad

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
What did everyone think about playing up at the North Fields for the tourney? I hope no one contracted West Nile or something with all those bugs up there.
That and the concession setup obviously left something to be desired.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
I did not like the north fields to be honest Nick. I like that the fences are 300 although they sure seem to play small imo. Infields we noticed gave some rather interesting hops. The concessions ya took me and another guy 10 minutes to walk over and get a quick bite to eat. If I would have known there was no beer there I would have grabbed two for the walk. lol

I definitely prefer Anderson but its a convenience thing since we stay right close to the park.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Anarchys hottest bats were juggys............
Monsta won it all......

Your serious with this comment? the only guy who swung a juggy is sponsored by Demarini otherwise and if he could have he would have been swinging the Awakening as he says its better.

ming01

DMVWinning
Cant complain too much about playing up there. Only complaint is the concession stands on other side of complex. I'm guessing that all had to do with Fargo Parks. Very inept.

cheee

Diamond Dawg
Cant complain too much about playing up there. Only complaint is the concession stands on other side of complex. I'm guessing that all had to do with Fargo Parks. Very inept.
Just imagine if they built those fields in Fargo in a nice location. Wait nvm they did that already ;)

kf16

Addicted to Softballfans
What did everyone think about playing up at the North Fields for the tourney? I hope no one contracted West Nile or something with all those bugs up there.
That and the concession setup obviously left something to be desired.

Felt like the 2007 ALDS between the Yankees and Indians bug issue.

warningtrack24

Extra Hitter
North Fields were fine. Its obvious that there should have been a concession stand near the fields being used, but I can see that there will be some great tournaments up there in the future. Plenty of parking, play set near the stands for the kiddos to play on, and a huge layout. We were obviously spoiled with Anderson's location near hotels, bars, and restaurants. The fields themselves have improved, but the mud hole in left on field 2 and the batters boxes need some attention. The tournament structure was great, everyone got their fair share of games.

TI#15

Did Corral Bar fold? I don't see them listed for Shako and didn't see them as a top finish in Bismarck tournament this past week

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
Did Corral Bar fold? I don't see them listed for Shako and didn't see them as a top finish in Bismarck tournament this past week
I thought on the last Bismarck tourney posting it said Grind Athletics on there. Isn't that them on the list there? Where is Eide on that tournament list?

upload_2017-5-23_15-11-40.png

TI#15

We didn't have enough to field a team, I only saw Inges won it. Isn't there a rule once you add a higher class player, or 2, to a tournament roster your roster gets froze nationally to that class?

Last edited:

Artie DeVanzo

Addicted to Softballfans
We didn't have enough to field a team, I only saw Inges won it. Isn't there a rule once you add a higher class player, or 2, to a tournament roster your roster gets froze nationally to that class?
A C team can carry 3 B players on their roster, A D team can carry 3 C players on their roster, An E team(REC 1) can carry 3 D players.

You can pick-up players based on the Class or Division of the tourney. If you are a D team playing in a C and below tournament, your pick-up players can be Class C players...the regular pick-up rules still apply as to how many pick-ups you have.

Having your roster frozen would be in a tournament that is a national qualifier.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans

is this a one off tournament roster for that weekend only that ND does, or is this the tournament roster for the season? remember if it is listed as an Open or a C/D you can pick up to the highest class listed for the tournament. So in an Open, you can pick up an A rated player even if C is the highest class team in the tournament. If you are a D team, you can pick up a player on a C roster as long as that player isn't on a roster higher than C.

Rosters only get frozen technically if you win a National Qualifier. Pretty sure this tournament wasn't that at all. Unless they did it for the E divisions.

TI#15

I'm not sure how it was advertised for sure, I know Inges had played in the D a couple weeks prior in Mandan assuming they are a D team still... but then having 2 players on a B roster making them C. Either way, there looks to be 4 C teams in this bracket and Inges finished higher than all of them so where do we stop the sand bagging? Sickies, Muligans and ourselves get bumped, but a team like ****inson IES and Inges get to remain D or drop down to Rec 1?