North Dakota Summer Thread - Hope that winter BP paid off! Part 2(2015)

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
When do team reclassification's come out?

We will discuss some of that at the Taskforce meeting when we get that scheduled.

I can state this any of the teams thinking they can go to MN to get down from C to D or whatever. It won't really work as when you appeal as a player/team they will discuss with ND and in most cases it will not happen. I had a team ask me about it last Wednesday and I have heard about a couple other teams thinking moving to Moorhead could change their classification.

cheee

Diamond Dawg
The big question is will the C division take a year off like it did the last time D Nationals was in Fargo. If it does it totally contradicts what NDASA goals were on getting the C Division stronger. Along with D too of course. That's what I'm looking forward to seeing.

TI#15

The big question is will the C division take a year off like it did the last time D Nationals was in Fargo. If it does it totally contradicts what NDASA goals were on getting the C Division stronger. Along with D too of course. That's what I'm looking forward to seeing.

Sounds like D losing a team in Bismarck since Inges and Corral C are merging.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
I would guess that those of us on the Player Classification committee will be very picky about allowing anyone to drop down from C to D, or even C+ to C so I don't foresee that happening.

All the D teams that got moved up from 2016 had good showings at State outside of Bismarck Sickies but that won't help Biz Sickies move down. Add in the 2 teams for sure moving up from D to C this year plus maybe moving all players that were on Inges this year to C based on their overall season.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!

I would do the opposite say no to everyone trying to get down. With nattys in Fargo you'll get even more C teams because of the bumps and your C division will have a great base.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
The MMB/Monsta Athletics Softball is doing a Bat Raffle to raise funds for the children of our dear friend and teammate Josh Dietz who passed away on 8-28. All funds raised will be donated to his children.
We will be doing a raffle for 3 Monsta Bats- 1 25 oz USA Torch and 2 DNA Mutateds. We will be doing one large raffle so there is no limit on how many raffle slots you can purchase or no limit on how many entries we are taking. It will be $20 per raffle entry. We will display all names in comments of entrants. We will keep this raffle open through end of next week 9-16.
I will be collecting all payments for this and can except those through paypal- [email protected], FB messenger pay, Venmo with username @gullie28, or google wallet thru [email protected].
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to message me on FB or text me at 701-866-0460.
Thank you to Jody Schommer for donating the USA Torch.
This raffle has been approved by Monsta Athletics
#mmbfamily #mmb/monsta #flyhighdietz

bstark28

Starting Player
"PLAYERS WHOSE CLASSIFICATION WILL BE MOVED UP IN 2018

Following is a list of players whose classification will move up on the national player database in 2018 due to their team's placement at McQuades Men's Rec 1, the Men's C, D, or Rec 1 state tournaments, and/or the Men's E/Rec Northern National Tournament in 2017. The teams affected are as follows: 3X Gear/The Box/The Ballyard/Sports Cards 4 U (Fargo - C state champion), Ground Round/Trojan Promotions/Hugo's Wine & Spirits (Grand Forks - D state champion), Livewire Electric/Burnn Boiler/9 Dragons/Slapshot Pizza (Fargo - D state runner-up), ****son Law/Knife River/Vue Community Credit Union (Bismarck - Rec 1 state & E/Rec Northern National champions), Center Merchants (Rec 1 state runner-up), Kelly Chiropractic/Central Power/Bruno's Pizza (Minot - Rec 1 state 3rd place), Wahus Construction (Bismarck - Rec 1 state 4th place), Northern Energy Services (Williston - E/Rec Northern National 3rd place), and Ranger Lounge (E/Rec Northern National 4th place)."

From the ND USA Softball site....not sure if this is the "official" bump list or not, just what I saw out there.

Mark Davis

The Rookie
Not sure what this is all about we are planning on adding 2 more B players and playing C still as our roster allows

Apparently it mattered to you on this post Borman which was before Oct 3rd.

Joeybats- didnt u guys lose a pitcher/inf and also the rumor of a starting OFer leaving or looking at other Land.

That pitcher is an irrelevant factor, and I went to a softball training facility over the winter to work on my game. #SophomoreSlump #StillMiddleClosedVICTOR

Last edited:

sendit69

Fall ball ends and the off season starts heating up! Rumors of guys changing teams already, sounds like Heartland is trying to reload to regain the top spot in North Dakota softball which was stolen away by The Box last year. If you can't beat them, then just take their players seems to be the method they are going with. In other news I am sure MMB will lure some guy in and add to their team, Gullie always seems to have a few off season tricks up his sleeve. It will be interesting to see if QC can make their way down to D in the off season, they put together a pretty awful fall ball in hopes to prove they belong at D, however they did with the consolation championship so maybe they were sandbagging? Class D for next year looks to be pretty weak, D**kson Law could very well contend to be the best team in D after winning rec 1 state and E Nats. Rumor has it DMVW has made some moves as well not sure what they are if any but if the right moves were made that could make an already good team better. I am sure all good D teams will add their allotted 3 C players to their roster to bolster their roster for D Nats. Should be a fun off season filled with lots of rumors!

sendit69

2018 Predictions:

Lot of teams will be dropping down from C to D this year with the help of the Gullie Family Mafia Connection and the corrupt NDASA renamed (USA Softball) to help piss poor average C teams make a run at a D National Tourney again like we saw a few years ago.

3X/Box will remain in C in 2018 due to the NDASA (USA Softball) ruling that they have not proven themselves yet....

Grand Forks Softball:

2018 Predictions:

(1)Ground Round (+)
(3)First Class (+)
(2)RMI (-)
(6)Johnny's Lounge (+)
(8)Wainds Chiropractic / Shotgun Sally's (+)
(5)Southgate / BSE / Budweiser (-)
(7)Shockers / HubPub / Pace Painting / Deeks (+)
(4)Rumors Hashers (-)

() = last year standings
+ = Rising stock in 2018
- = dead as fish in 2018

2018 Tournaments to Capture!
  • Grand Forks Buffalo Wild Wings Early Bird
  • Fargo Michelob Golden Light
  • Bismarck-Mandan Mcquades
  • Grand Forks July Classic
  • State
  • Nationals

Fargo Softball? still irrelevant ....3x/Box got lucky last year.
Bismarck Softball...still juicing .......

Besides Ground Round Grand Forks softball is a JOKE and everyone knows it.

Jim_Chimney

Besides Ground Round Grand Forks softball is a JOKE and everyone knows it.

lol, how many years do the 'amazing' Fargo C/D teams have to come up to GF and lose before you just give up the charade? I can imagine you feel good inside when you say/type it... and honestly, that should be a personal red flag~

I do have to admit though, it's great to see how enamored you are with ND slow-pitch softball as a whole and how you can ramble on about it. For real, guy.. it's slow-pitch softball in North Da-bumfkin-kota; get a life.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
Fall ball ends and the off season starts heating up! Rumors of guys changing teams already, sounds like Heartland is trying to reload to regain the top spot in North Dakota softball which was stolen away by The Box last year. If you can't beat them, then just take their players seems to be the method they are going with. In other news I am sure MMB will lure some guy in and add to their team, Gullie always seems to have a few off season tricks up his sleeve. It will be interesting to see if QC can make their way down to D in the off season, they put together a pretty awful fall ball in hopes to prove they belong at D, however they did with the consolation championship so maybe they were sandbagging? Class D for next year looks to be pretty weak, D**kson Law could very well contend to be the best team in D after winning rec 1 state and E Nats. Rumor has it DMVW has made some moves as well not sure what they are if any but if the right moves were made that could make an already good team better. I am sure all good D teams will add their allotted 3 C players to their roster to bolster their roster for D Nats. Should be a fun off season filled with lots of rumors!

Highly doubtful that QC gets down, they took 3rd in 2016 C division, and did win games in C or Open tournies this year. Pretty doubtful any current or new C teams get down next year.

sendit69

lol, how many years do the 'amazing' Fargo C/D teams have to come up to GF and lose before you just give up the charade? I can imagine you feel good inside when you say/type it... and honestly, that should be a personal red flag~

I do have to admit though, it's great to see how enamored you are with ND slow-pitch softball as a whole and how you can ramble on about it. For real, guy.. it's slow-pitch softball in North Da-bumfkin-kota; get a life.

Speak for yourself nerd, stop checking the softball forums in the off season. And I am sorry I offended you with the Grand Forks comment, were you not good enough to make the Ground Round team? I am sure if you talk to their manager he may let you have a try out, but then again I doubt they do try outs for Rec guys.

Baconeater10

Extra Hitter
Speak for yourself nerd, stop checking the softball forums in the off season. And I am sorry I offended you with the Grand Forks comment, were you not good enough to make the Ground Round team? I am sure if you talk to their manager he may let you have a try out, but then again I doubt they do try outs for Rec guys.

Open tryouts all winter long. Bring 30 Busch Lights. Popcorn is free at our local Ground Round if you make the team. I run a tight ship over here.

Jim_Chimney

lol Gotta love when an irrelevant old man writes a long-winded paragraph about "off-season softball rumors" and then calls somebody else a nerd~