North Dakota Summer Thread - Hope that winter BP paid off!

M

MJL 00

Sigh. The northstar boards are my new favorite thing. Do people not get out of the house? So close minded. Keeps things interesting. :)

Since you brought it to my attention I checked it out. Under Mandan Power Rankings we in the top 10. But not a good ten from what I read. They said we were the worst fielding team ever seen...HHHMMM ok we are not the prettiest top watch I admit that, but we contend...yes the 4-16 tourny record isnt pretty, have to admit that but we also lost 12 of them by 4 runs or less...Anyway just had to laugh

M

MJL 00

LOL. The bat discussion is a lot of fun. :)

I know right...we played a young team this weekend, they were from the SD Wakieuye or something anyway, ya they had an srv3 scx3 that sounded like they were pure glass...he!! they sounded worse then that. What ya do, no tester there im sure cauz using 44s the whole tourny. Cheaters will cheat, way it is sucks BUT they are all over...wouldve been nice for us old farts to win though...

OtejunK

Art Work Junky
Hey Gang, Bro on my team is looking to trade his 28oz L4 for a 27oz J3A - if anyone is interested hit me,... he bought it new himself from Scheels (shame shame) but he has been swinging my J3A for a couple weeks now and loves it... let me know....

_CS_

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll put my extended against any new bat. Jim can attest to that. It passed at mich golden lite, and the ball pops off better then all the combats, triad, j3, or flipper. It wouldn't of made it another year with old balls but I get accused of it being illegal all the time but it continues to pass compression weekend after weekend

JESSE55

Coach
Since you brought it to my attention I checked it out. Under Mandan Power Rankings we in the top 10. But not a good ten from what I read. They said we were the worst fielding team ever seen...HHHMMM ok we are not the prettiest top watch I admit that, but we contend...yes the 4-16 tourny record isnt pretty, have to admit that but we also lost 12 of them by 4 runs or less...Anyway just had to laugh

Hell we made the top 10 that's better then I would have thought most looked at us as. lol

M

MJL 00

Hell we made the top 10 that's better then I would have thought most looked at us as. lol

Amen too that, got some revamping too do, heck it was a building year, we are all rookies together LMAO. Got to wein out some of the riff raff AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE hahaha

M

MJL 00

Hey Gang, Bro on my team is looking to trade his 28oz L4 for a 27oz J3A - if anyone is interested hit me,... he bought it new himself from Scheels (shame shame) but he has been swinging my J3A for a couple weeks now and loves it... let me know....

Hey how did Monday go againest the young kids :eek:;)...heard they are pretty salty

Artie DeVanzo

Addicted to Softballfans
My friends team is playing in the 40 and over state this weekend in Mandan and they are short a couple players. Anyone know anyone who is 40 or over that would be interested in playing with them this weekend?

oneniner

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll put my extended against any new bat. Jim can attest to that. It passed at mich golden lite, and the ball pops off better then all the combats, triad, j3, or flipper. It wouldn't of made it another year with old balls but I get accused of it being illegal all the time but it continues to pass compression weekend after weekend

I have a 26 oz Extended with probably 3000 cuts on it. Tests at tourneys around 1460-1475 everytime. I've been told "it's close" for 3 years.

But with my swing no one is accusing me of cheating.

M

MJL 00

My friends team is playing in the 40 and over state this weekend in Mandan and they are short a couple players. Anyone know anyone who is 40 or over that would be interested in playing with them this weekend?

I do, he plays first, pitch, and catch. very good hitter, not alot of wheels but thats what pinch runners are for...pm me asap he lives in town too. What div are they 1 or 2?

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I wish there were as many late season tournaments as there are early season tournaments. I need more tournies! Pumped for Rec 1 state, but need something else between here and there.

wibstad5406

Addicted to Softballfans
there are quite a few small town tournys around north dakota that are fun to get into potatoe days is fun in barnsville and lake park has a fun tourny also red willow

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I'm down. Let's do this! Haha. I would like to play Red Willow once this year. Perhaps the Labor Day one.

johnnybravo6

The Edumacated One
i know someone that hits an Onyx, Mercy, and CF3 kinda far ????

So I should ask Paddy to hit it then? ;)

Amen too that, got some revamping too do, heck it was a building year, we are all rookies together LMAO. Got to wein out some of the riff raff AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE hahaha

Anyone looking for another player next year? I just found out I have been cut from my current team!!:(:( I like long walks on the beach, I like to cuddle, and no one can beat my "can opener" in the pool.

M

MJL 00

Long drive but the last chance in ****inson is always a good time and always good weather, Sept sometime I beleive

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Sweet. ****inson would be fun. Keep me in the loop if anyone needs an OF. I've got a hot Wife, cold beer, and we'll travel. ;)

Artie DeVanzo

Addicted to Softballfans

I do, he plays first, pitch, and catch. very good hitter, not alot of wheels but thats what pinch runners are for...pm me asap he lives in town too. What div are they 1 or 2?

I sent you a reply. It is the Miller Lite team from Fargo and they are in division 1.

M

MJL 00

So I should ask Paddy to hit it then? ;)

Anyone looking for another player next year? I just found out I have been cut from my current team!!:(:( I like long walks on the beach, I like to cuddle, and no one can beat my "can opener" in the pool.

Now now, pouting is not allowed in softball hahahaha...and yes your the king of the cannonball bud...nah just need to look at next year an if gonna play or not...

OtejunK

Art Work Junky
Hey how did Monday go againest the young kids :eek:;)...heard they are pretty salty

They dont miss anything in the field - if its hit to them, they make the play, Very solid, all around the field..... and they have speed and like to run....... but they cant hit for sheot - they all use the Legion "wide stride" baseball stance and swing with arms and wrist (slap at it) - I think one guy actually hit a fly ball otherwise everything is on the ground and not hard, slow rollers....

We did drop both games to them, but we had a bad case of post tourney hangover .... 9 games in 3 days was just to much for this old crew... not an excuse, they beat us, but I think we beat ourselves just as much as they beat us... if that makes sense....

Overall - they are a solid Rec 3 team... they will win lots of low scoring, 1 run games...

PS - I'm over 40 :D

M

MJL 00

You are gonna play, you would miss us hooligans way too much!!!

Ya true but can come watch...have to see how season ends and my off season training is, jsut of being out of shape

They dont miss anything in the field - if its hit to them, they make the play, Very solid, all around the field..... and they have speed and like to run....... but they cant hit for sheot - they all use the Legion "wide stride" baseball stance and swing with arms and wrist (slap at it) - I think one guy actually hit a fly ball otherwise everything is on the ground and not hard, slow rollers....

We did drop both games to them, but we had a bad case of post tourney hangover .... 9 games in 3 days was just to much for this old crew... not an excuse, they beat us, but I think we beat ourselves just as much as they beat us... if that makes sense....

Overall - they are a solid Rec 3 team... they will win lots of low scoring, 1 run games...

PS - I'm over 40 :D

Already spread the love too two teams bud

M

MJL 00

THis guy is...coming off a 2nd place finish at 40+ came thru losers brackets wow slightl;y sore today haha...

M

MJL 00

Nice! Division 2 40? I heard division 1 was just pool play.

Yep, with Shirt Shack, no way we couldve played Div one...plus noone can beat Stadium Old Pro anyway. They should be like Mortiz womans team, cant play when you win all the time LMAO. Div 2 was very evenly match, great games and super fellas. Div 2 35+ is SUPER competitive...