north texas 2013 d state champs

web gem

Addicted to Softballfans
Yup, as far as Utrip is concerned. And to top it off, two completely different state directors with opposing views and a completely different set of roster rules. Oh, and South Texas plays tournaments at the BLD in North Texas. Its a cluster.

Congrats to Texas Pride, well done.

web gem

Addicted to Softballfans
unfortunately this is true, I head somewhere a bunch of teams (30) were getting bumped to make the C class bigger.

That rumor comes along with the caveat that those bumped players won't be required to play C all year like its been. They would be able to play D as a C bump.

There are a lot of good things about C ball (competition, general respect for the game and other players, less complaining about rosters and bats) but the fact there is only like 6 regular C teams in DFW, it doesn't really work.

worthlovr

Addicted to Softballfans
That rumor comes along with the caveat that those bumped players won't be required to play C all year like its been. They would be able to play D as a C bump.

There are a lot of good things about C ball (competition, general respect for the game and other players, less complaining about rosters and bats) but the fact there is only like 6 regular C teams in DFW, it doesn't really work.

why bump all those teams if you can still play on a D team the first year, just bump 20-30 teams and keep the requirement that you have to play C for a full year. Maybe the competition will get better

chancechatman

Addicted to Softballfans
Ive heard that a bunch of teams are gettin bumped to C next year.. pretty much anyone with a power rating over 1000 from the rumor i heard. Who knows whats true and whats not. My team will prally get bumped this year so i kinda hope that there are alot more C teams to play against I imagine playing the same 4 teams all year gets boring.. Well see though.

SacBunt

Addicted to Softballfans
oh and worthlovr is 2013 USSSA and NSA NTX STATE CHAMP!!!!!!

Yeah we are!
6D619F6E-7D38-4577-8CA1-79228600B0D1-300-0000003C3CEDBCA3_zpsdbd60194.jpg

Jbaker33

Part Time Player
I was told by the directors that they are trying to make the classifications more literal. they want the E teams to be teams that are just now getting in to softball, D to be the new comers with a good amount of talent, C to be the "on the bubble of B and or major"

They also told me that they were doing this in hopes to bring more teams to the sport. FWIW i think they are just trying to get more money because a 10,000 dollar profit weekend at the BLD complexes isnt enough.

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
Yup, as far as Utrip is concerned. And to top it off, two completely different state directors with opposing views and a completely different set of roster rules. Oh, and South Texas plays tournaments at the BLD in North Texas. Its a cluster.
Don't forget West Texas, where C teams can play in North Texas D tournaments.
why bump all those teams if you can still play on a D team the first year, just bump 20-30 teams and keep the requirement that you have to play C for a full year. Maybe the competition will get better
I like it. It breaks up the teams that got bumped - only 3 of them can play on a D team - but it doesn't force the third string guys that sat the bench most games to play way above their heads.

VF500Racer

Addicted to Softballfans
It's really b/c more competition is starting to show up in Tx...
ASA/NSA/ISA/etc etc...
They should clean up their act now (or later) b/c there is no more monopoly.