Not! another Best bat thread

Softball.com:

Villeson

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't think there is a best bat, I think there is a best bat for you and thats about it. But as far as physics goes there probably is a best bat and I'm wondering why we haven't found out what it is.

It seems like there are a lot of guys on this board that have a lot of technical expertise, with construction and fixing things so why doesn't someone just build a bat tester, go to a field and measure distances? Has this been done? I would personally donate some money for brand new balls/set up costs if someone would set something up, where local people would come and have their well broken in bats tested for distance and then we average all the same bats, into weight classes (i.e. Demarini Juggernaut 28oz 13 tests average 200ft 225 high 185 low) and just post the results. I know this sounds big and I'm not the person to do it. There isn't a lot of bat variety in my area but this should be done and should have been done long ago.

Also, I know that a lot of the top end bats will be very close, if not exactly the same due to exit speed limitations but I would be very curious to see the results.

Is this even feasible?

MorganGrafixx

Extra Hitter
I know for a fact that there is a machine for testing golf clubs. Its a robotic arm attached to a rotating cylinder. They just attach whatever club they want and hit every single one the exact same every time. They test the balls, club heads, shafts and grips. You'd be surprised how much difference a grip makes to the distance a ball will go.

wink

Winkleton
Morgan.
We are playing softball, not golf. Keep your Golf references outta here!! :D

I am missing me some golf this year, but it screws up my swing so bad, I don't play during softball!!

Villeson

Addicted to Softballfans
OG Ultra II.

Brilliant.. I mean inside each association. So we could know what the best ASA/USSSA bats are and then we'd see so many less threads about the best bat. I dont think there are that many variables with a testing machine, as long as we have a test to make sure the daily weather variables are the same, why couldn't it be done.

slippuller49

Addicted to Softballfans
I know for a fact that there is a machine for testing golf clubs. Its a robotic arm attached to a rotating cylinder. They just attach whatever club they want and hit every single one the exact same every time. They test the balls, club heads, shafts and grips. You'd be surprised how much difference a grip makes to the distance a ball will go.

I was thinking the same thing can't be to hard to adapt it to a bat

wink

Winkleton
Brilliant.. I mean inside each association. So we could know what the best ASA/USSSA bats are and then we'd see so many less threads about the best bat. I dont think there are that many variables with a testing machine, as long as we have a test to make sure the daily weather variables are the same, why couldn't it be done.

It will NOT matter! If Einstein himself gave scientific proof that a certain bat is the best in an particular league ASA, utrip NSA etc. Even if he made a thread himself and it was stickied, highlighted, bold faced, Italicized and MANDATORY reading before becoming a memeber. There will STILL be retarded NOOB's making a thread asking "Hey whats the hottest ASA bat" Or whats the hottest Utrip bat! It's never gonna end. Too many ignorant people, refuse to use the search function!!!

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
The only thing doing this will prove is which bat tested is the most broken in. There are probably 20+ ASA bats that when broken in make up the top ASA bats. If you setup this test that bat that is going to win is not going to be the best bat its going to be the most broken in bat. The same is true in Utrip, there are 3 bats that are head and shoulders above the rest 1st batch freak, B1 and syn. After that there are 40+ bats that are all about equivalent and the winner will be the most broken in.

OG Ultra II.

Not as hot as the OG Ultra

wink

Winkleton
WRONG!
I would put my million hit blue/silver Combat Original Da Bomb up against ANY bat. Been using it for 4 years while I see team mates going thru 2 or 3 U2s a year.
You have a ton o hits on that thing??? That's pretty rare isn't it?
Not as hot as the OG Ultra

yeah yeah, I would agree. Your both right B1 and OG ultra probably a tiny bit hotter than the U2

U2 - OG ultra(actually the whole Ultra Line) - OG syn - 1st B1 = best of the best!

sophat34

<font color="blue">Bat bringer...</font>
Rotary air motor,consistent psi, off of a tee. Pretty simple. Would it have to be calibrated to an avg swing speed or since we are testing the bats distance against each other would that portion really be relevant. I could see using a slower swing speed to test POP and an avg swing speed to test distance. A lot of useful data could be compiled, and put to good use. Potential for manufacturer advertisements as well, our bat hits further as measured by an independent study...

Dr. Funkenstein

Addicted to Softballfans
It will NOT matter! If Einstein himself gave scientific proof that a certain bat is the best in an particular league ASA, utrip NSA etc. Even if he made a thread himself and it was stickied, highlighted, bold faced, Italicized and MANDATORY reading before becoming a memeber. There will STILL be retarded NOOB's making a thread asking "Hey whats the hottest ASA bat" Or whats the hottest Utrip bat! It's never gonna end. Too many ignorant people, refuse to use the search function!!!
I heard Einstein could rake though...

Villeson

Addicted to Softballfans
Rotary air motor,consistent psi, off of a tee. Pretty simple. Would it have to be calibrated to an avg swing speed or since we are testing the bats distance against each other would that portion really be relevant. I could see using a slower swing speed to test POP and an avg swing speed to test distance. A lot of useful data could be compiled, and put to good use. Potential for manufacturer advertisements as well, our bat hits further as measured by an independent study...

Exactly, it doesn't seem to far fetched.

sophat34

<font color="blue">Bat bringer...</font>
Utrip hammer, very difficult to find and pricy as well. Hard to tell apart from the asa model because they both have the asa stamp. But, the utrip model is worth a lot more.