NSA 52/275 Bat - 15 Demarini Stadium CL22 or 16 Combat Chris Greinert Derby Boys 275

Duke of Earl

Going to purchase a bat for myself and some teammates. We play NSA with Hot Dot 52/275 balls.

Which bat would you consider best, 2015 Demarini Stadium CL22 (white) or 2016 Combat Chris Greinert Derby Boys 275 (white/blue).

Really torn and never owned a Combat. Would either go 26oz or 27oz (26.5 with DB 275).

Thanks for the help! (Sorry if wrong forum).

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Buying a bat specifically for 52's isn't really needed. Swing whatever you're swinging now. 52's depends on the person hitting them. Not the bat they're being hit with.

Duke of Earl

Buying a bat specifically for 52's isn't really needed. Swing whatever you're swinging now. 52's depends on the person hitting them. Not the bat they're being hit with.

I've seen you say this before when researching these two bats and it's just not true.

With the low compression balls you get better performance out of stiffer bats and with higher compression you would want more flex.

From my personal experience I can absolutely tell you it makes a difference, not only myself but teammates when hitting a mixed bag with different bats. The two piece bats with more flex just do not preform like the stiffer one piece or a stiff two piece.

There is also plenty of detailed literature that supports this.

Duke of Earl

Then why is the juggy line great for the 52's in ASA?

No idea about the juggy, no idea what the handle or barrel technology is like.

I just think that's a little naive to think they can't engineer a bat that preforms well with a specific spec ball. Especially with all the information out there, what I provided was just a general jist of things.

Anyway, I provided the ball type to assist with feedback, if you don't care about ball type then feedback on the two bats I named would be very much appreciated.

Never bought a Combat. Only swung one once, so I'm interested. I like Demarini a lot but feel I could get a little more out of them, the Rayzr was my favorite bat ever owned a while ago in a league that was non-composite.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I've seen you say this before when researching these two bats and it's just not true.

With the low compression balls you get better performance out of stiffer bats and with higher compression you would want more flex.

There is also plenty of detailed literature that supports this.

Because a soft-barreled, borderline compression-testing DC41 or Legit is well known for not hitting .52's well. I'd like to see said literature.

Then why is the juggy line great for the 52's in ASA?

No idea about the juggy, no idea what the handle or barrel technology is like.

Two-piece, very flexy handle. That's why it sucks and has such a bad reputation with .52's. :rolleyes: