NSA ends 400 compression

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
Well they're softer. So in theory a bat with a lot of flex in the walls would be counterintuitive. A stiffer bat would allow more compression and rebound of the ball itself. I'm still not going to ditch my bats for aluminum though.

Hitman 20

Addicted to Softballfans
Ball with a higher chance of a bad hop I dont think thats safer especially with all the crappy fields.

Mooselodge24

Slinging Nova Bombs
Ball with a higher chance of a bad hop I dont think thats safer especially with all the crappy fields.

Can't wait to see how bad it gets come middle of summer for all the big tourneys with those hops. I've seen em bad enough watching Utrip games last year. Almost gotta have a mask for anywhere in the INF

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Does anyone know what brand ball NSA will use when this switch happens?

Trump/Evil, is there anything else???;)
image.php

CJ33

Banned User
Can't wait to see how bad it gets come middle of summer for all the big tourneys with those hops. I've seen em bad enough watching Utrip games last year. Almost gotta have a mask for anywhere in the INF

x2 right there bro........the hops r crazy ...i have seen more ppl get hurt with the 52/275 or 52/300 then the 44/400 ....just bc of the hops ..i seen a guy last year playing 3rd he got down to field it and hop right to the eye lid cut wide open

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
We have used them for 2 years now. They aren't bad, I actually really like them. I was skeptical at first and some people whined, but they hit just fine, probably better in than the 44/400s in the heat as it seemed they didn't get as soft as the 44/400s did.

If you can hit a 44/400 out you can hit one of the 52/275s out. I have a crappy swing and I hit more of the 52/275s out than I did the 44/400s.

DUNNY51

Addicted to Softballfans
NSA league I played in last year used trump 52/275 and they were better than the 52/300 hi con balls we used in Asa league

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
We have used them for 2 years now. They aren't bad, I actually really like them. I was skeptical at first and some people whined, but they hit just fine, probably better in than the 44/400s in the heat as it seemed they didn't get as soft as the 44/400s did.

If you can hit a 44/400 out you can hit one of the 52/275s out. I have a crappy swing and I hit more of the 52/275s out than I did the 44/400s.

Well you are using your DB and Wanted I assume ;).... that would explain it....

Country35

Banned User
Do you think this will lead to a NSA only bat, similar to what ASA has done?

NO, they use the same testing or at least say they do as utrip now standard wise, why would they change it when they have been doing well with this for years? If anything they will let you use more bats now.

lOOkatme

Addicted to Softballfans
The .52/275 balls suck big time for fielding.

They exhibit a couple of characteristics you won't see with baseballs or harder softballs.

Sonic the hedgehog hops. The ball is hit in a way where it bounces close to the batter, the second hop does a super spin speed up hop at you.

A total chopped hit ball can bounce 30-50ft. This was a tactic used in D state by someone.

Ball hop left and right sometimes if the field is messed up from a day of tourny ball.

hops aren't predictable, it isn't intuitive. Play baseball for 10 yrs then softball for 5-6 yrs and the balls now bounc differently.

They are harder to catch in the palm, they want to bounce back out.

You can still hit them 400+ft;)

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
Well you are using your DB and Wanted I assume ;).... that would explain it....

The first year I used a Duo and the red and white titan reload. Last year I swung the combatant, craze, blackout, z2k, spike, and the avarice.

This year will probably be mostly the DB275. Then the Wanted utrip, then the db utrip.

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
The .52/275 balls suck big time for fielding.

They exhibit a couple of characteristics you won't see with baseballs or harder softballs.

Sonic the hedgehog hops. The ball is hit in a way where it bounces close to the batter, the second hop does a super spin speed up hop at you.

A total chopped hit ball can bounce 30-50ft. This was a tactic used in D state by someone.

Ball hop left and right sometimes if the field is messed up from a day of tourny ball.

hops aren't predictable, it isn't intuitive. Play baseball for 10 yrs then softball for 5-6 yrs and the balls now bounc differently.

They are harder to catch in the palm, they want to bounce back out.

You can still hit them 400+ft;)
At supers I had to make a borderline matrix play in order to catch a hard one hop. We hit 44/400 all year and supers was the first tourney I had ever seen a ball do that. Ridiculous.