NSA screw job - what a joke

Frost

I'm on a boat *****
$0 will be wasted.
Seriously. If you were given approval to play, you booked the flights and now they said "sorry, you can't play", tell me someone wouldn't be held liable? You might think it's a joke, but that's a ton of cash that will be wasted.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
If I wasn't thinking I might have bought the same crappy bats you have listed in your sig also.

VanSin23

NC Freedom Sports
K2 is a sporting goods company that was over Miken, Worth and a few other companies. I remember sending back Worths and Mikens to K2 at one time. The Rush is made like the Mikens and Worths back in 2007ish....It was a log until it got broke in and then it was pretty darn hot.

Condo

Addicted to Softballfans
Here is the update - this past weekend we won ASA D nationals in Ohio. So since we will need to take a few extra days off to go and play in OKC the week before NSA Supers we have decided to back out of the NSA C trip to Owensboro KY. We needed to pick up 2 players and after 2 weeks we couldnt get a clear answer of who we could or could not pick up. So we decided after all the mess we arent going and i hope of my players use their airfare credit for something else.

rodneycedwards

Addicted to Softballfans
?

It does count for something. It clearly shows the affected director someone that does not support his NSA program very much.

The rule is in place to lock out those teams and players that play the system by running off and "hiding" in another association for a year or two (or seven) then try to come back in the lowest possible classification. It's not a perfect solution, and plenty of players that don't pay attention get "caught up" in it, but at least it addresses the sandbagging issue.

It's hilarious when I hear "They do it this way in Utrip (or ASA, or EIEIO)... you should be doing it in NSA too!" Do these same people go to Utrip and cry about how they need to do this or that because NSA does it? I doubt it.
NSA has a rule book. It's online for all to see, and if you don't know the rule, chances are you're not gonna be granted a mulligan, in NSA or anywhere else.

If you're building a team to compete on the regional or national stage, taking your local director's word ONLY, without asking questions further up, is not very smart procedure. There are a lot of competent local guys out there (and some that are not as much), but if they misunderstand or mis-interpret one little thing, it could have some serious consequences.

If you get on a roster of a terrible team the next year and then the next year after that you can play E. It's totally ridiculous. Maybe the director should see the player play before he classifies them based off a team roster in 2005. Just because your on a B roster doesn't mean your B caliber. ASA/NSA are the worst. We had this happen in ASA this year. And we plan on doing something about it. The funny thing we were approved by our state commish. and then we were told by him we couldn't go to Nationals. Because on the National list we had to many C players even though we were approved to play state. Another funny thing is this director was the president for 2 terms. If association's continue to do this I as well as everyone else will find another hobby. That's why most of my buddies are playing GOLF!

Stretch19

Grow up
Here is the update - this past weekend we won ASA D nationals in Ohio. So since we will need to take a few extra days off to go and play in OKC the week before NSA Supers we have decided to back out of the NSA C trip to Owensboro KY. We needed to pick up 2 players and after 2 weeks we couldnt get a clear answer of who we could or could not pick up. So we decided after all the mess we arent going and i hope of my players use their airfare credit for something else.

sucks it didnt work out well for you, but congrats on winning the ASA Nationals none the less...OKC will be a much better time than KY

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
Is this the same team you won ASA C states with in 2011 that you just played d nationals with?

Condo

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah sort of, same sponsor and 6 guys from last year..in PA we have 2 "C" levels. The C state tournament is for teams playing in D nationals(we went 2-2 in 2011 at D nationals) and the C Major state tournament is the tournament for the C national teams. The classification is based upon the national level individual player classification. There are 3 of us who are class C on a national level.

The two classes are an attempt by the state to help the rec/local D teams play the state tournaments.

Condo

Addicted to Softballfans
sucks it didnt work out well for you, but congrats on winning the ASA Nationals none the less...OKC will be a much better time than KY

Thanks! I have been to owensboro to play B/C nationals in the past. In not on my of places i need to go back and visit!

youngguns

Addicted to Softballfans
NSA has STRICT roster guidelines they follow. And they 99.9% of the time hold true to it. Case in point Diamond Foolz from Kentucky. They picked up the good guys (who won super C in vegas last year) pitcher Murph, Murph was only on the roster didnt even play and they were a manditory bump to B b/c of it. I commend NSA for having guidelines are holding true to those no matter who it is.

eHall

Base burglar
NSA has STRICT roster guidelines they follow. And they 99.9% of the time hold true to it. Case in point Diamond Foolz from Kentucky. They picked up the good guys (who won super C in vegas last year) pitcher Murph, Murph was only on the roster didnt even play and they were a manditory bump to B b/c of it. I commend NSA for having guidelines are holding true to those no matter who it is.

So the answer is to play one tournament in B in 2012, then drop to C following year.