NSA super worlds

buckeyesoftball

Addicted to Softballfans
Thomas... Hey man, Hope all is well...
our team skipped out on NSA this year... our pitcher & leadoff are playing with Honey Badgers out of Michigan.... Most of the other guys went elsewhere... prolly a hand full of them will be @ supers.... Ill be working...:biggthumpup:

We enjoyed playing together in league and will prolly continue to do so till were to old....

All is good man... hope the same for you. We've only played 3-4 charity tournaments this year just to hang out. We've talked about playing again in a couple of years when everyone is past the getting married and buying a house stage but we'll see. I'll probably go down this weekend just to watch and chill. Have a good one and we'll probably see you somewhere down the line.

VanSin23

NC Freedom Sports
how many teams were in it? does winning another bronze ring excite you e pats?

I think there about 20 -25 teams in silver. NSA should have never had 3 "Super" Worlds in different locations on the same weekend. This is not fair to the teams because it basically becomes just a Super Regional.

Ronnie G

Star Player
my NSA team had the pleasure of getting spanked by Show a few months back, but we had some good times.

Stretch19

Grow up
I think there about 20 -25 teams in silver. NSA should have never had 3 "Super" Worlds in different locations on the same weekend. This is not fair to the teams because it basically becomes just a Super Regional.

yeah thats definitely a shame having a 25 team tourney and calling it a super worlds...NSA blows

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah thats definitely a shame having a 25 team tourney and calling it a super worlds...NSA blows

Yeah, Im not a fan of what NSA did this year. If it is a Super World, then have just 1 World.. They still have the Eastern World, Western World, etc a few weeks before this one... This pretty much was a repeat of that format (IMO)

There was 18 teams in Silver, 24 in Bronze. Most of the teams in the Silver were from NC/SC, but we did have one from NH and AL. The team from Bama (Hernandez Concrete) won the WSL Worlds a few weeks back.

NSA does the best job of classifying teams though... All the teams that I saw in Silver were legit D teams, and all the teams I saw in Bronze were legit E teams.

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
Yeah, Im not a fan of what NSA did this year. If it is a Super World, then have just 1 World.. They still have the Eastern World, Western World, etc a few weeks before this one... This pretty much was a repeat of that format (IMO)

There was 18 teams in Silver, 24 in Bronze. Most of the teams in the Silver were from NC/SC, but we did have one from NH and AL. The team from Bama (Hernandez Concrete) won the WSL Worlds a few weeks back.

NSA does the best job of classifying teams though... All the teams that I saw in Silver were legit D teams, and all the teams I saw in Bronze were legit E teams.

Most teams I seen in Bronze in Columbus was bronze teams but one def. was not, they hit 3 DBOs in 5 innings (2 without scoring any runs) and still beat us 16-1. We did get to play an Amish team (Bad Bosy) out of IL, those lil f'ers can hit the ball and super fast. One of the lil mofos left me a souvenir on my L shin from a 1 hopper on wet turf. Ball ended up in RC and I was playing 3rd. I cried a lil!!! But some good kids.

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
Only souvenir I got cuz tshirts was $27, dry fits $35 and think sweatshirts was $45 (and crappy cotton ones). At least I walked/hubbled away with a nice knot lol

pirate#5

Addicted to Softballfans
I think the main reason they do it van is to move up more teams in each class. Figure they will be moving 75-100 teams up to new classes every year

CHICUBS4EVER

#BaGGeRsANoNyMouS
well I'll say the Silver Supers in Columbus was a very well done bracket. The crappy weather made things difficult for everyone, but I saw highlight reel after highlight reel in the field all weekend long!

shortstop5

T2W #5
I was on the team that got a forfeit for not being at the field 30 minutes early. 4:30 start time, we walked over from taking BP in the back at 4:15, and were informed that we had forfeited our game (2-0 at the time) : /

kknep15

Addicted to Softballfans
I was on the team that got a forfeit for not being at the field 30 minutes early. 4:30 start time, we walked over from taking BP in the back at 4:15, and were informed that we had forfeited our game (2-0 at the time) : /

That sucks but they said it over and over in the managers meeting that they would start up to 30 minutes early and to not test them on that. I would blame your manager on that one. We almost had a double forfeit because half our team got stuck in rush hour traffic getting back to the field. They ran up as they called our team to stand on the foul line to check our stuff 25 minutes before the scheduled game time.

shortstop5

T2W #5
Yeah I mean we got it, and understood it. Just one of those things I guess. Think that was our only game out of 7 that was on time or early.

bojangles

Addicted to Softballfans
Just a little bitter still, lol.

what team did you play for? That does suck, but like you guys said they made it well known

I think overall this was one of the better run tournaments we have played, especially considering the conditions.

The umpires were overall did a really good job and were consistent. They also did not hesitate to get together and talk about it to make sure they got the call right.

Im just mad that we had to play 3 of our first 4 games on the dirt field and then came up one run short against Synergy lol.

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
I heard at Columbus, a team from oklahoma got DQ'd before they even played because they had 3 or 4 illegal players on their rosters.

CHICUBS4EVER

#BaGGeRsANoNyMouS
what team did you play for? That does suck, but like you guys said they made it well known

I think overall this was one of the better run tournaments we have played, especially considering the conditions.

The umpires were overall did a really good job and were consistent. They also did not hesitate to get together and talk about it to make sure they got the call right.

Im just mad that we had to play 3 of our first 4 games on the dirt field and then came up one run short against Synergy lol.

Yea some fields were an hour ahead at times, while others were an hour behind.

We've seen it several times this year where games start the 30min before, but never witnessed a forfeit.

Yea I was impressed with the officiating overall this weekend. Obviously some missed calls here and there, but close ones and I agree there was no hesitation to ask for help on calls.

We were fortunate to play on turf the whole weekend. I know Friday the dirt fields looked horrible, but the park crew was out putting in work the whole time from what I saw

CHICUBS4EVER

#BaGGeRsANoNyMouS
I heard at Columbus, a team from oklahoma got DQ'd before they even played because they had 3 or 4 illegal players on their rosters.

Check-in was done right, and they even told us once you got your wristband that it would be $5 to get a new one if you lost yours.. for ANY reason.. AND you had to return the old one.

Quite a deterrent for would-be shenanigans. I didn't know of anyone that got DQ'd, but I also know there wasn't any Silver OK team and that's all I really paid attention to.

Yuengling is just too good not to give some attention to :cool:

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
Check-in was done right, and they even told us once you got your wristband that it would be $5 to get a new one if you lost yours.. for ANY reason.. AND you had to return the old one.

Quite a deterrent for would-be shenanigans. I didn't know of anyone that got DQ'd, but I also know there wasn't any Silver OK team and that's all I really paid attention to.

Yuengling is just too good not to give some attention to :cool:

It was Bronze. Think it was team called Insidious.

belly43

Bored without softball
I think having everyone at the same place was good. But playing on 360ft fences sucked.We played on 300-315ft all year and 360 changed our whole game. Oh well got bumped to elite so no NSA ever again. The complex wasn't very nice either.