NSA vs Utrip compression testing

House00

Slingin' lead!
Good evening, last friday i got my new 2 piece psycho and put about 8 hits on it. I took it to my NSA LD to be tested and according to his machine, it did not pass... It almost made it out of the gray area. Today, i brought it to my USSSA LD and the bat passed fine @ 260... My question is, how do the two standards compare, like, if it passes fine by utrip standards, shouldnt it be fine by nsa? Im thinking that the nsa tester needs to be calibrated but making the LD realize that will be a near impossible feat as he is never wrong. :rolleyes: i did take video of the utrip testing to show him and i also have a sticker proving it passed... Thanks for any info guys

House00

Slingin' lead!
It should be on the same machine with the same scale and with the same results.

Well I've noticed the unit of measure was different on both. I was told by a company that sells/repairs compression testers that 1500psi = 230lbs so i would imagine that 260lbs would at least be equal to 1550psi... i also read something about putting a preload on non-linear bats... I sent an email to NSA to see if this applies to their testing.

House00

Slingin' lead!
ASA and USSSA/NSA are different. no difference in NSA and USSSA

I didn't think so but the unit of measure on the testers are different... I'm starting to think that the NSA tester that tested my bat may have an issue... I don't really know but I haven't been able to get any answers no matter where I look... i emailed NSA but they really didn't have any info lol... The issue is that if I suggest that the machine is out of calibration, the LD will take a fit because he IS NEVER wrong:rolleyes:

House00

Slingin' lead!
oh, and when I got the bat tested on the USSSA machine and told my NSA LD that it passed he goes "well if it doesnt pass here they are doing something screwy up there" lol... this coming from a guy that allows certain bats to get stickers even though they were never tested because they are shaved...

Joker

ASA and USSSA have different tester numbers but NSA and USSSA use the same standards so there should be no difference. maybe your dumbass ump got an ASA tester

jrxp

Pull side Judy
Usssa uses pounds and NSA testers have psi. Same machine same result may but NSA directors don't understand psi

House00

Slingin' lead!
ASA and USSSA have different tester numbers but NSA and USSSA use the same standards so there should be no difference. maybe your dumbass ump got an ASA tester

its an NSA gauge... ive seen it.

Usssa uses pounds and NSA testers have psi. Same machine same result may but NSA directors don't understand psi

I got an email back from NSA and they said they also preload to 500psi for non-linear bats like ASA does...

Athon08

Addicted to Softballfans
These testers aren't 100% accurate. I've seen bats fail right out of the wrapper. You know the bats are tested before they leave the factory. They need to be calibrated if a bat right out of the wrapper fails