Nurple "review"

chile

Bad Ape
since all the hype is about the blue line and fire flex, I picked up a Nurple to see what's what...fully expecting it to be like the 15 Wegs I had, I wasn't expecting a very "fun" bat...as a matter of fact, that 15 was a thundering log that I never fully worked on...but it was a "soft" thundering log. Fast forward to today and the Nurple. It is NOT soft...it is rather harsh compared to the 15 (and most of the other 2018 offerings). But, unlike the 15 Wegs, it does not take long to spread open and give you some love...not wide open mind you, but when it begins to open up (around 75 IMO), and you hit the screws, the ball flies (hitting some classic m's, other 44 stotes, the nx3 spinners (green/yellow), a few blue/yellow 52 spinners and a random evil 52+)...the barrel does "loosen up" a bit but it's not that soft, cushy, 2pc feel (the fire flex is definitely more forgiving)...and when you miss the ss, it lets you know. I wouldn't say it's a small ss but it's small"ish"...that fact that it opens up so quickly is probably not good news to a few but I don't mind it at all...it does web up fairly quickly (I saw webbing after the first round of bp...24 balls) and I feel like it's not gonna take long to fully open up so there may be some durability issues down the road...idk...I haven't broken a bat in years so I've kinda forgotten that dying, supernova, hotness that some display before they go. but the 2 new Eastons i've hit this year are winners in my book...so, in a nutshell:

pros:

1) it's an Easton
2) it's got a good sized EL
3) opens up quick
4) see #1

cons:

1) small"ish" ss
2) mis hits might sting a bit

Last edited:

bird25

34/30 Club #25
This review is very 50 shades of nurple...

Nice review bro!!! I need to try me some Fireflex/Nurple/Blueline

My 17 Baker is making a nice crack sound and is all webbed up now, curious how it stacks up against the fireflex now that it has more swings

bird25

34/30 Club #25
since all the hype is about the blue line and fire flex, I picked up a Nurple to see what's what...fully expecting it to be like the 15 Wegs I had, I wasn't expecting a very "fun" bat...as a matter of fact, that 15 was a thundering log that I never fully worked on...but it was a "soft" thundering log. Fast forward to today and the Nurple. It is NOT soft...it is rather harsh compared to the 15 (and most of the other 2018 offerings). But, unlike the 15 Wegs, it does not take long to spread open and give you some love...not wide open mind you, but when it opens up (around 75 IMO), and you hit the screws, the ball flies (hitting some classic m's, other 44 stotes, the nx3 spinners (green/yellow), a few blue/yellow 52 spinners and a random evil 52+)...the barrel does "loosen up" a bit but it's not that soft, cushy, 2pc feel (the fire flex is definitely more forgiving)...and when you miss the ss, it lets you know. I wouldn't say it's a small ss but it's small"ish"...that fact that it opens up so quickly is probably not good news to a few but I don't mind it at all...it does web up fairly quickly (I saw webbing after the first round of bp...24 balls) and I feel like it's not gonna take long to fully open up so there may be some durability issues down the road...idk...I haven't broken a bat in years so I've kinda forgotten that dying, supernova, hotness that some display before they go. but the 2 new Eastons i've hit this year are winners in my book...so, in a nutshell:

pros:

1) it's an Easton
2) it's got a good EL
3) opens up quick
4) see #1

cons:

1) small"ish" ss
2) mis hits might sting a bit

So would you say distance is comparable to the fireflex? I know some say the short barrels are better for distance but I need all the sweet spot I can get

chile

Bad Ape
So would you say distance is comparable to the fireflex? I know some say the short barrels are better for distance but I need all the sweet spot I can get

Yeah, hit it, side by side, with your fireflex ;), the distance is the same for me... I don't know if that's an indictment of the bat ... Or me :/

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
My 17 Baker is making a nice crack sound and is all webbed up now, curious how it stacks up against the fireflex now that it has more swings

I’m curious on this as well...

It might be evidence that the Fireflex is a thinned out Flex...

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
lololol...thanks. i'm interested to see what the asa blueline has to offer but it'll likely come with that hefty, exclusive price tag :/

I was thinkin the same thing!

I like the paint of the Blueline bats...simple and Blue...

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans
I think the Nurple is super underrated, if for no other reason but that it is a 1pc and in today's game, that is sacrilege. I have both Blue Line and Nurple and while I agree, the barrel on the Nurple is tighter, I personally like the "crispness" of the bat striking the ball and while if you do mi**** it les you know more than the other 2pc Eastons, I personally like that. It lets me know that I did SOMETHING wrong lol.

I know a lot of us are a bit jaded on the whole compression test thing, but a rep posted some pics of a blue line and Nurple after about 100 hits, if I recall, and the Nurple tested "hotter". I get, most are so used to 2pc now it is unthinkable to like or even try to use a 1pc but these are seriously top tier bats, they just don't get the love because of how they are constructed.

All my buddies want to use my Blue Line, so I have been gaming the Nurple to give it some love. Really been happy with it and feel like it performs right there with anything else that I have in my bag. I agree, the EL is pretty chunky so if you don't like that, this may not be the stick for you, but don't let the 1pc construction be the reason you don't try this. Fantastic fire stick IMO and just keeps loosening up.

chile

Bad Ape
I think the Nurple is super underrated, if for no other reason but that it is a 1pc and in today's game, that is sacrilege. I have both Blue Line and Nurple and while I agree, the barrel on the Nurple is tighter, I personally like the "crispness" of the bat striking the ball and while if you do mi**** it les you know more than the other 2pc Eastons, I personally like that. It lets me know that I did SOMETHING wrong lol.

I know a lot of us are a bit jaded on the whole compression test thing, but a rep posted some pics of a blue line and Nurple after about 100 hits, if I recall, and the Nurple tested "hotter". I get, most are so used to 2pc now it is unthinkable to like or even try to use a 1pc but these are seriously top tier bats, they just don't get the love because of how they are constructed.

All my buddies want to use my Blue Line, so I have been gaming the Nurple to give it some love. Really been happy with it and feel like it performs right there with anything else that I have in my bag. I agree, the EL is pretty chunky so if you don't like that, this may not be the stick for you, but don't let the 1pc construction be the reason you don't try this. Fantastic fire stick IMO and just keeps loosening up.

My thoughts as well... The crispness of the feedback is really "satisfying" (for lack of a better word) when you hit one on the screws...its not "cushioned"

Batalot

What was the weight, unless I missed that here? Easton I guess has a nice feature where they proportionally increase the EL size according to bat weight. Most other manufacturers I find have one EL weight, no matter what the bat weight is and a 26 oz bat with a 1 oz EL has got to feel a lot different than a 28 ounce bat with 1 oz EL.. Just don't understand that.

Batalot

27oz... I believe it has a 1.5oz EL

How was the swing, I mean how easy or harder was it compared to say a 27 Miken DC41 or similar?

Just asking cause the bat intrigues me, and it's turning out, I really enjoy a more.. heavily end loaded bat.

chile

Bad Ape
How was the swing, I mean how easy or harder was it compared to say a 27 Miken DC41 or similar?

i'd say it's similar to the 28s I have/had...never swung dc in 27oz...but I did swing the est xxl in 27oz and I feel this has a little more to it.

chile

Bad Ape
About 150ish hits into it now and it's gas...has that "shotgun" crack to it. You can't go wrong with a Nurple if you're looking for a "cheap" exclusive Easton (not sure how much the rest of the exclusive line is doing price-wise from reps but I know the nurple can be had for 225ish)

Batalot

About 150ish hits into it now and it's gas...has that "shotgun" crack to it. You can't go wrong with a Nurple if you're looking for a "cheap" exclusive Easton (not sure how much the rest of the exclusive line is doing price-wise from reps but I know the nurple can be had for 225ish)
Sold the 28, got the 27.
Very sweet and smooth swing and when you hit the ball it feels like you just hit it with a sledge hammer.. it's a heavy ball that comes off of it. Not a lot of infielders are going to enjoy seeing a line drive from one of these coming at them.

bird25

34/30 Club #25

Yep, fireflex is starting to get that sound too. Just need the extra sweet spot from the longer barrel:oops: