Oakley Lenses?

RLead

The ONE!
It seems like some of the lenses would really help with clarity or contrast. Just wondering if anyone has any opinions?

Thinking about either vr28 polarized or G30 (polarized?)

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use persimmon and love it. I use it for all conditions, and can wear it until the lights are bright. I have played one more game at night with them on under the lights because they help keep the mosquitos out of your eyes.

mikewohlwend

I have had both the VR28 and G30. I prefer the VR28 for playing ball. As for the polarized factor, I have always wore polarized. Just bought some non polarized to try since they are close to half the price.

wcoastsoftball

I have had both the VR28 and G30. I prefer the VR28 for playing ball. As for the polarized factor, I have always wore polarized. Just bought some non polarized to try since they are close to half the price.

I used to stay away form polarized and had heard it can mess with depth perception, but once i tried it on the field, I couldn't go back to non-polarized.

nickr33176

Addicted to Softballfans
Any recommendations where i can pick up some Polarized lense replacements for Flak Jackets besides oakleys and their $90 price tag?

KO_2

Addicted to Softballfans
VR28 polarized are my favorite lenses they work well for playing in all levels of light and they bring out the color of the ball well.

I used to stay away form polarized and had heard it can mess with depth perception, but once i tried it on the field, I couldn't go back to non-polarized.

At least with the darker polarized lenses (ex. black iridium), I've found polarized to have some depth perception issues. I have the Scalpel model with polarized black iridium lenses and have found myself taking them off to judge fly balls when the sun is not directly in my face. Love Oakley and polarized in general but would recommend non-polarized for playing ball, at least with the darker lenses.

N.E.HITMAN

Addicted to Softballfans
I wonder if it due to the shape of the lenses because I have no problem with depth perception with my black iridium Flak Jackets! And nickr33176 try the bay, thats where I got mine, cheap money and authentic!

iceman7420

VR28 lenses are solid (non-polarized). They work well in varying light levels and to me make the yellow, optic softballs we use stand out. Real crisp.

midnight89

Bat Huer
Big fan of BOTH the VR28 and the G30 lenses (in my Half Jackets). I prefer the G30's because they seem a bit "brighter" than the VR28 to me. Both are clear and crisp even in changing light conditions (sunny, cloudy, etc.).

bamaboy1626

You need my opinion!!!
polarized are not good for depth perception.... with that said, I bought some aftermarket lenses from visionary lenses on ebay for my straight jackets and I couldn't be happier. Oakley wanted $95 for polarized lenses and they took 2 weeks to email me back, visionary had my lenses to me in 2 days for $25.