Buyer Beware Oakviewtiger

blov10

Nortadakota
We had agreed on a trade, my Easton Kip 1b mitt and $25 for his Easton 1b. When I asked him to send first based on his limited feedback he had an issue with that and didn't want to do it since he had 4 feedback and didn't care that I had 70. I replied that this is usually how it's done and wished him good luck with his sale. A few days later he contacted me and agreed to send first as long as I would still send the $25. I declined to do anything at that time. I ended up selling my glove and had $ to buy his. I sent him a pm saying I would buy it outright as long as he would still send first. I never recieved a reply. I then pm'd him asking if he was still interested in selling. He finally replied that he was still looking around for a replacement and he would let me know. Around 3 or 4 days later he pm'd me saying that I could have it if I was still interested and asked for my address to send the glove to. I gave him my address and said that I would still take it as long as it was in the same condition as pictured in the thread and hadn't been used. Two days went by and I never heard back so I pm'd him again asking what he decided to do. He replied that he was now going to keep the glove after he agreed to send it. Everybody changes their mind for different reasons. The communication was nowhere good to say in the least.

blov10

Nortadakota
This is a buyer beware because?

He agreed to deal and then backed out. If I wouldn't have followed up, he wouldn't have pm'd me back based on his lack of communication. It's ok I guess to agree to a deal and then not follow up either way right? It's the same premise as giving a paypal address; awaiting payment, not getting payment nor any pm as to a reason why.

I'm certain I'm not in need of your opinion to post here.

Devil Dog

You like soup?
He agreed to deal and then backed out. If I wouldn't have followed up, he wouldn't have pm'd me back based on his lack of communication. It's ok I guess to agree to a deal and then not follow up either way right? It's the same premise as giving a paypal address; awaiting payment, not getting payment nor any pm as to a reason why.

I'm certain I'm not in need of your opinion to post here.

lol
.​

518softball

Addicted to Softballfans
Dont see this as buyer beware….

"I gave him my address and said that I would still take it as long as it was in the same condition as pictured in the thread and hadn't been used. Two days went by and I never heard back so I pm'd him again asking what he decided to do."

Its not an agreed upon done deal with the stipulation of it not being used anymore sense the picture. Maybe it was not in the same condition/used a couple of times more, you set a stipulation to complete the deal and he did not want to meet your last request.

blov10

Nortadakota
Dont see this as buyer beware….

"I gave him my address and said that I would still take it as long as it was in the same condition as pictured in the thread and hadn't been used. Two days went by and I never heard back so I pm'd him again asking what he decided to do."

Its not an agreed upon done deal with the stipulation of it not being used anymore sense the picture. Maybe it was not in the same condition/used a couple of times more, you set a stipulation to complete the deal and he did not want to meet your last request.

By asking me my address the deal is all but done. He agreed to ship first. He still had the thread up with the same pictures. Simple communication on his part could have made this much easier. When he offered it (taken directly from pm) "I can send it out tomorrow if you still are interested. If so, what address should I send it to? ( He could have added. the glove is in the same condition or here are the new pics/description since it has more use on it than previously posted. But by judging how he was communicating before, I opted to put that in there so if it showed up not as pictured/described I wouldn't be at fault for not getting updated information since some time had gone by from the initial post. By him not replying after I sent it, how would I know this? It's CYA anymore around here buying and selling if you haven't noticed.

518softball

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree with you communication should be better and in this case it could be better. Not like a long time ago where this site was about hooking people up with a good deal to get your next stick. Back then people communicated throughout. I just think if this was buyer beware there would be hundreds of these type threads with people who are mad because they thought they had a deal.

Joker

there should be more of these. i want to know about the people who are just going to waste my time so i can avoid even trying to deal with them

there should be more of these. i want to know about the people who are just going to waste my time so i can avoid even trying to deal with them

now this!...is a great idea. i'm sure tons of people on here wasted their time with some bum "buyer" who had no intention of buying and possibly passing up a potential deal with serious buyer.

Hambo

Starting Player
Yeah... I'm not going to name names but there's a "GTG Bro" near me who agreed to buy a bat (He was ready to show up at my house cash in hand) and then just stopped returning texts. No real skin off my back but definitely a waste of time.

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
Yeah... I'm not going to name names but there's a "GTG Bro" near me who agreed to buy a bat (He was ready to show up at my house cash in hand) and then just stopped returning texts. No real skin off my back but definitely a waste of time.

That was just some noob hazing..... don't sweat it bro.:biggthumpup:

ringer83

Banned User
He also wasted my time on a 1st base mitt I was selling. Drug me along for a few days to say no at the end when he first agreed on it..