Oddball Webs

Wally Gator

Starting Player
Never had a basket connector web and now I've got a monster one incoming. Here's a toughy - the glove is black Horween oil treated leather from 2000. Would the tan web also be Horween or, because it was made in the Philippines, is it more likely to be JTan? Now an easy one - Rawlings currently offers 20+ webs and some real beauties from the past, which underdog web do you dig?
qv1zPrc.jpg

tUmmJJO.jpg

Committed

Nice snag! Heck of a deal too...

If you like basket webs you will love this one. Still has the flexibility of the basket with a bit more stability.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I forget who made it, but I saw an Asian glove that had a combo I-web/modified trap thing going on. It had a horizontal crossbar and the X-laces on the bottom half, mod-trap from the crossbar up.

Wally Gator

Starting Player
I forget who made it, but I saw an Asian glove that had a combo I-web/modified trap thing going on. It had a horizontal crossbar and the X-laces on the bottom half, mod-trap from the crossbar up.
Makes sense. I've seen some Asian webs that I couldn't describe because of their awkward shapes.

Hiltz

Built for comfort

As strange as that looks at first glance, it actually makes sense from a functional standpoint. It would be flexible in the pocket area and on the index side of the web (where most gloves bend when they close) but it would be stiff and reinforced on the thumb side.

The number of web options on Japanese Mizuno and Asics Pro Orders is absolutely staggering.

You can't beat Japanese pitcher's gloves for refined style. The webs look like a solid piece of leather from a distance, then you get a close look and see what's really going on.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
that mizzy is beautiful. the only thing i'd change is the single x's at the base of the web. just looks a touch flimsy