For Sale Official 12.5" Wilson SBF Exclusive A2000 SP125 Fielding Glove Pre-Sale Thread

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
I was sweet....like honey boo boo sweet. They kicked me out the back door and told me to scram or make a Global Elite!! So who wants to make a Global Elite?

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Did you post pics so I know what exactly to look for in my set.

Of the hard spot? Not sure I could get a camera up there lol. I'm sure another day of working it, it'll be gone. I think it's just overall the OT palm leather is stiffer than a traditional palm lining. I'm sure the SBF 1000 is the same, yes?

Comparison with my 2 USA GS, left is 12.25" and right is 12.75". I am defiantly a fan of the glove.
3D7DCC4E-3D7B-49B3-A7F7-BC61917EDEA0.jpg

Podo

"JewDoe"
Man!..... I so wish I'd of bought way more of these! If I could I'd kick myself square in the ass 10x over again!

eviladams

All hail Megatron.....
So I noticed this small imperfection in the tip of the pinky finger's welting this morning. I think I can live with it, as long as it is purely cosmetic and won't worsen over time. Anyone have an answer to how this will age, or is it too soon to tell? View attachment 27748 View attachment 27749 View attachment 27750
Eventually it will split open like rotten fruit and you will sit there, sadly, evaluating everything in life you could have done differently.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
Of the hard spot? Not sure I could get a camera up there lol. I'm sure another day of working it, it'll be gone. I think it's just overall the OT palm leather is stiffer than a traditional palm lining. I'm sure the SBF 1000 is the same, yes?
Gotcha. Actually inside the pinky stall? If it's at the palm side, it's probably the lace. It doesn't go all the way thru to the back of the pinky (to allow your fingers in). So it runs thru the inserts but still underneath the palm lining.

^If that makes any sense.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
I am still interested in this comparison ..... I have been traveling a lot lately and hoped I hadn't missed it
I haven't been able to do a full comparison yet. Just a quick one. Main impression is the retail is slightly thinner and smaller than the sample. Feels more like a 12.5" whereas the sample felt just shy of 12.75". Even though it feels not quite as thick, the leather is already better than any other retail A2000 I have come across. I'll weigh the retail to see if there is a significant difference. The main measurements I'm eager to take are the widths of the fingers and if they were affected at all with the snugness of the fingerstalls.

fuzzai

Starting Player
Gotcha. Actually inside the pinky stall? If it's at the palm side, it's probably the lace. It doesn't go all the way thru to the back of the pinky (to allow your fingers in). So it runs thru the inserts but still underneath the palm lining.

^If that makes any sense.

Bunt i think he said ringer finger. :p

Felks, i don't think the rawlings glove would be as hard/stiff as the wilson inside. Rawlings uses different leather for their palm lining, and the fingers and top of the hand inside their gloves. they use a really really soft black leather.

This Sp125, is all OT all over. fingers are darn stiff. However i haven't noticed anything uncomfortable in my ring finger on the glove. Maybe my fingers are shorter. hehe

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans

Felks, i don't think the rawlings glove would be as hard/stiff as the wilson inside. Rawlings uses different leather for their palm lining, and the fingers and top of the hand inside their gloves. they use a really really soft black leather.

This Sp125, is all OT all over. fingers are darn stiff. However i haven't noticed anything uncomfortable in my ring finger on the glove. Maybe my fingers are shorter. hehe

I know typical retail/custom Rawlings use a different leather lining, but I thought the SBF Rawlings was JT throughout?

Are you saying this batch of Rawlings JT is softer than the Wilson OT? I guess because pro stiff?

I have mine sitting in my car, ill snap a pic but I bet you it'll be gone after a couple more pounding sessions. Probably just a thicker spot on the leather or (is there a palm pad on these?)

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
I was sweet....like honey boo boo sweet. They kicked me out the back door and told me to scram or make a Global Elite!! So who wants to make a Global Elite?

Would love to at least know the price....because to me Global Elites are nowhere near the level of an HOH or A2000....so it would have to be a great price. Otherwise stick with Wilson or Rawlings.

Podo

"JewDoe"
Unless these are sold out already, what's stopping you?

giphy.gif
$$$ at the moment... I burned up all my PP a while ago and have spent $800+ in the last week. Just trying to avoid a divorce at the moment is all. Chad did say he still has some so just hoping he does in a week or so still.

RalphG427

On the bench
I know typical retail/custom Rawlings use a different leather lining, but I thought the SBF Rawlings was JT throughout?

Are you saying this batch of Rawlings JT is softer than the Wilson OT? I guess because pro stiff?

I have mine sitting in my car, ill snap a pic but I bet you it'll be gone after a couple more pounding sessions. Probably just a thicker spot on the leather or (is there a palm pad on these?)

The SBF Rawlings has the JTan palm that matches the rest of the glove, but the liner above the fingers is made of the softer stuff. Usually the palms on the HOH are the deer tanned cowhide

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans

Oops. My mind processed a combination of Felk's and Catcher's issues. If it's inside the ring finger, it could be the leather bunching slightly at the seams. The way your finger goes in may be just ending up at the bunch. It feels a little thicker but it shouldn't be a rock hard.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
$$$ at the moment... I burned up all my PP a while ago and have spent $800+ in the last week. Just trying to avoid a divorce at the moment is all. Chad did say he still has some so just hoping he does in a week or so still.
Nothing more romantic than having a husband and wife with matching ball gloves. Besides, even if Chad were to sell out, I'm sure there are some glove hoarders that ordered multiple (like BooBox and Jen) that you can hound.

Podo

"JewDoe"
Nothing more romantic than having a husband and wife with matching ball gloves. Besides, even if Chad were to sell out, I'm sure there are some glove hoarders that ordered multiple (like BooBox and Jen) that you can hound.
U know what ur right!!! I should buy her 1 too, lol. I'm sure I'll love it!

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
U know what ur right!!! I should buy her 1 too, lol. I'm sure I'll love it!
Just tell her you love her so much that you want her to have the better glove of the 2. So you'll need to break both in and game them to determine which is best. It may take you a couple years but you really need to make the correct call since she is your everything. Who knows, by then you may have found another set for the 2 of you.

jdbaker82

Addicted to Softballfans
My glove came and I am extremely happy with this glove best glove I have ever owned thanks for this deal!