Official Last Bat 2024

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
Last night, coed.

Last at bat of the double header, I was attempting to just bloop it over the 2nd baseman and didn’t quite swing hard enough and he was able to make an attempt at the ball, thankfully he wasn’t great and failed. It’s something I never really try to do but we had a solid lead and figured I’d try
I played with a dude that hit .800+ every season hitting Judys. Sometimes he'd really square one up and fly out. Sometimes he'd roll one to the 2b. Sometimes the defense would throw like 5 guys in short RF. He'd just pull a 260' fly ball and jog to second base.

OG_WhenPigsFly

All Pigs Run
I played with a dude that hit .800+ every season hitting Judys. Sometimes he'd really square one up and fly out. Sometimes he'd roll one to the 2b. Sometimes the defense would throw like 5 guys in short RF. He'd just pull a 260' fly ball and jog to second base.

I’ve always had a soft spot and appreciation for the Judy. I remember way back when I started playing, 20+ years ago, the “old” guys who were probably around the age I am now, doing it and me thinking how the hell do they make it look so easy and get a double out of it half the time. And there I was swinging out of my shoes and struggling to get decent contact. Oh, how time flys.

OG_WhenPigsFly

All Pigs Run
Worm burner to third for a single
I love being able to swing OG Easton's...

Curious what balls you’re using? We can swing whatever and I just scored an SCN4 Stealth+ for $20 on OfferUp, it has crazy low swings, obviously not positive but I’m guessing maybe 500 from the performance and is cosmetically in great shape for the age. I just hit it off the pop toss, probably 120 cuts and it’s great already. We use 52s in league and it’s what my BP balls are, just wondering how some OG synergy with 9000 cuts or something does with 52s. I’ve seen some older bats in my league but not many. Some guy had a Freak 98 and it was pretty insane.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Curious what balls you’re using? We can swing whatever and I just scored an SCN4 Stealth+ for $20 on OfferUp, it has crazy low swings, obviously not positive but I’m guessing maybe 500 from the performance and is cosmetically in great shape for the age. I just hit it off the pop toss, probably 120 cuts and it’s great already. We use 52s in league and it’s what my BP balls are, just wondering how some OG synergy with 9000 cuts or something does with 52s. I’ve seen some older bats in my league but not many. Some guy had a Freak 98 and it was pretty insane.
We use synthetic cover .52 Tattoos (provided) and both my Flex and Extended hit them very well. Both of my leagues play right off the coast though. The true benefit for me really is to be able to swing a heavier bat. Having 3 games next Tuesday, I'm inclined to dust off the 30oz F98...

Come playoffs, I normally toss in an Evil or Dudley Thunder for my 30oz Aftermath

Last edited: