OG White Steel

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Got one on the way from a board bro, and had a couple questions about it. I picked it up for a singlewall league here in my home town (270' fences... That's why it's single wall). I have hit the maroon barrel steel, but how does OG compare to newer ones. We will be hitting Dudley Hycons. Just wanted some input. Thanks guys.

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
The maroon one smashes those .52's so I am figuring the same.... No need for a cape... We still only get 2 progressive.

M

MJL 00

^^^^ DJ is correct no WS compares to the OG, although maroon one IMO is as close as they get...I used the og WS as a gamer for years

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Well I got really lucky. My og lasted me seveal hundred swings, and is still going strong with its new owner. Some say its fragile, but I had no issues.

Now the maroon one hits a ton from swing one..........but the darn thing blew within the first couple of games..maybe 200 swings at the most.

In the heat..........I still go back to the WS now and agin to build my ego.

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
We busted a maroon one last fall, but I warned the guys not to be swinging it in the cool weather, it was pretty waved up anyway. I'm hoping this one will hold up with the .52, plus it's a 28 so a lot of guys won't want to swing it:)

drdark

Addicted to Softballfans
How new is it? These things are stupid out of the wrapper but then seem to fall off it did catch fire again in cooler temps during playoffs but I did see a drop after the initial say 100 swings -- good bat and durable there's a ton in my league u can't even read any writing on them anymore with like 3in end cap wear -- and 28oz is a myth lol 26oz steels are 28oz just don't let anyone know that on ur team ahahahaha